Things I Really Miss When In Thailand

krobert6

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok this probably will not be liked, but sometimes miss the male eye-candy.

Although there are quite a few good looking Thai guys around, i like diversity.

Im happily in a relationship but doesnt mean i dont appreciate attractive men. Particularly attractive men who come without chips on their shoulders regarding western women. So, normal pleasant, interactions, small flirtations maybe with good looking normal guys.

But, on the western front, most of the guys in Chiang Mai seem to be..(hmm..out of politeness, i'll drop it there)

biggrin.png You are so right there! .. in fact your whole post makes total sense young lady!

• Like 1

Oh sausage rolls, that is sausage rolls not a cold hot dog sausage in a bun or at best a hot dog sausage in pastry. rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

Again I can make my own, but walking into a bakery and getting a big hot sausage roll is much more pleasurable.

And decent bread like mentioned above. I never went into a subway before moving here, but always do while in Bangkok for a subsitute to decent bread.

There is a small bread/pastry shop just outside the entrance to "TOPS" supermarket in the Future Park shoppnig centre Rangsit and the various breads on sale are excellent.I can't recall the name but it is something like Yamasaki and it is part of a chain so I imagine there would be shops in other locations.

We good good sausage rolls....real ones....from the same place we buy our pies...very tasty.

As for bread, there are now plenty of places in Bkk where you can buy top quality bread......nothing like 10 years ago when I first moved here and virtually nothing but the sweet rubbish available.

Unfortunately I'm in Chonburi City, there's nothing local. sad.png Makros stale french bread doesn't cut it.

I've found sausage rolls with sausage meat in Jomtiem in the shop next to the aunts condo we sometimes borrow, but they were frozen or in a fridge (I can't remember now) and weren't very nice. Where in Bangkok do you find them ?

There are some places i've found that have half decent bread in Bangkok, but by the time you've finished shopping and got back to Chonburi city it's not fresh. It's not the same as popping into your local town and picking up freshly baked bread for what 50p and eating it while it's still lovely and soft inside and of course a freshly baked hot sausage roll to go with it.

There is a pie guy in Pattaya....his pies were ok from memory....google it and see if you can find him, he most likely might make sausage rolls also.

There is a pie guy in Pattaya....his pies were ok from memory....google it and see if you can find him, he most likely might make sausage rolls also.

There are a load of suppliers around Pattaya. Not far from Jomtien you have Western Wholesale Meat Co on soi Chaiyapruk 2, (Eric's scotch eggs are excellent as well) Yorkes on Jomtien Beach Road, Pattaya Pies near Maprachan Lake. There is a good bakery on the left as you go down the hill into Jomtien. Millions more in Pattaya.

For a good pork pie or steak and kidney pudding try Tony Kwan on soi Siam Country Club.

Proper english sausages and black pudding.

both are available if your in BKK google Bunters food, personally I'd love some local butchers made faggotts.

Plenty of Faggots in Boyzone in Pattaya whistling.gif

Brains???

they would do the job, but never seen them here

Proper english sausages and black pudding.

both are available if your in BKK google Bunters food, personally I'd love some local butchers made faggotts.

Plenty of Faggots in Boyzone in Pattaya whistling.gif

Brains???

Maybe a cell or 2 floating about, doubt a full brain though.

Ok this probably will not be liked, but sometimes miss the male eye-candy.

Although there are quite a few good looking Thai guys around, i like diversity.

Im happily in a relationship but doesnt mean i dont appreciate attractive men. Particularly attractive men who come without chips on their shoulders regarding western women. So, normal pleasant, interactions, small flirtations maybe with good looking normal guys.

But, on the western front, most of the guys in Chiang Mai seem to be..(hmm..out of politeness, i'll drop it there)

How can this be? To hear the bargirls tell it, there's tons of "hansum" men running around. But seriously, some western friends of mine (you know, the guys who bat for the other team) tell me that there's loads of male eye-candy everywhere as far as the eye can see. But I get your point. Different strokes and all that...

huh.png

You mean the bar girls aren't telling the truth ? ohmy.png

Don't tell me 'You so strong', 'Mister you so funny', 'Mister you so clever' are porkie pies as well ? sad.png

I've found a source for things I like, learned to cook dishes I couldn't find .. can't say I really miss anything, but sometimes I do hope the stuff I like would be in one place, instead of hundreds of small shops and internet sites.

It's quite opposite, there are more then a few thing that I really do not miss, such as -35c outside with two meters of snow and no sunlight.

• Like 1

Real Ale pulled by a proper hand pump, not those nasty CO2 pumps. I really miss a good pint of Director's, or Landlord or Sam Smith's. Unfortunately real ale doesn't travel well, so can't be imported, and I don't know of anywhere in Thailand that brews its own. Never mind, I will just have to put up with the lager...

Oh, and Yorkshire or Tetley tea bags as well...

Edited by eyebee
  • Like 1

Real Ale pulled by a proper hand pump, not those nasty CO2 pumps. I really miss a good pint of Director's, or Landlord or Sam Smith's. Unfortunately real ale doesn't travel well, so can't be imported, and I don't know of anywhere in Thailand that brews its own. Never mind, I will just have to put up with the lager...

Oh, and Yorkshire or Tetley tea bags as well...

The Londoner pub ( Am I remembering the right one ?) in Bangkok and a bar in Hua Hin near the Hilton(?) hotel brew something.