'I'M A Vegetarian', Reveals The Melton Mowbray Pork Pie Ambassador Unable To Stomach Meat Since A 'Bad Food Experience' In Bangkok 15 Years Ago

Boater

It must have been quite a burden to carry for the man charged with promoting traditional pork pies.

But for 15 years Matthew O’Callaghan, chairman of the Melton Mowbray Pork Pie Association, has not been able to stomach meat.

He chose the annual British Pie Awards at the Leicestershire town to make his shocking confession: ‘I’m a vegetarian.’

article-2143615-023AACF50000044D-68_634x450.jpg

Hard to stomach: Matthew O'Callaghan of the Melton Mowbray Pork Pie Association has confessed to being unable to face pies ever since a bad food experience in Bangkok 15 years ago

He told the hundreds of pie connoisseurs and producers: ‘I had a bad experience with food in Bangkok 15 years ago and just cannot face meat again,’ according to the Leicestershire Mercury.

‘I don't know how to say this, but I am a vegetarian.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz1ujnaamfu

Edited by Boater

Looks a bit pudgy for a vegetarian. I thought they were all super fit and healthy!

Probably those unseemly modern hybrid carbs.

Have to wonder if his political vegetarianism came by him natural or of a fashion..??