Buying A Thai 'Dormitory' Style Apartment Building

Does anyone know what Business Structure would have to be formed under Thai law that would allow such an endeavor as OP describes?

I have read many posts and articles relating to this subject, restrictions of Farang ownership of land, etc. But I do not have even close to a clear understanding. I would be very interested to hear how it might work... Considering all the Thai law rules about Visas and just cannot imagine it would be very simple to form a development company inside Thailand - get approval - get permits, get financing, begin construction, etc. But I wish to be educated a bit if anyone knows...

Dont forget the munucipal tax. In chiang mai its 12.5% of the room rent. Thats why you will see a rent for the room, furniture, cable tv, security, comunal cleaning itemised seperately on the contract. Dont forget to include maid security in your costs. If you use government water its very expensive and most tenants are not used to that price so you will probably lose money on the water bill. Pm me if any more questions

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect App