Router Help

stretch5163

Hi have recently changed form TOT to 3bb.

The router i had with TOT was a Billion BiPac 5200G RD Wireless router with 4 port.

I had PS3 , True Vision , PC and a Media streamer hard wired to it. I hate pulling cables and changing them.

The 3bb gave me a single port wireless router.

Question is can i use the billion to connect to 3bb or is it somehow locked.

Like to think that im not a total noob but there seems to eb something a miss. I tried entering my 3bb details in the router setup but wouldnt work.

Also tried contacting Billion support with no answer.

Any help or info greatly appreciated.

Thanks

You should be able to use the old router with the new service,

provided you have all the parameters and password for 3bb to set it up.

There should be a tiny button on the back to reset all the old TOT settings

You also can buy a small inexpensive switch and plug the devices into the switch then, use a cross over cable to connect to the router. I got one at Pantip for about 600 baht.

Just plug a ethernet cable from your one port router to a port on the old router then you can use the other ethernet ports. Note you cannot use the ADSL port you’re only using this as a switch. The better way is to do as Astra says change the router you already have to the 3BB user name and password. Just plug a ethernet cable from your one port router to a port on the old router then you can use the other ethernet ports. Note you cannot use the ADSL port you’re only using this as a switch. The better way is to do as Astra says change the router you already have to the 3BB user name and password.

Have you checked your vpi and vci settings. My 3bb settings are vpi=0 and vci=33. Other than these two settings I believe TOT and 3bb settings are the same.

I'm not sure about TOT's Billion router, but their TP-Link router has custom firmware that only allows you to change the settings for the name and password. You can't change any other setting with out programming the router.

Edited by BB1950

Just plug a ethernet cable from your one port router to a port on the old router then you can use the other ethernet ports. Note you cannot use the ADSL port you’re only using this as a switch. The better way is to do as Astra says change the router you already have to the 3BB user name and password. Just plug a ethernet cable from your one port router to a port on the old router then you can use the other ethernet ports. Note you cannot use the ADSL port you’re only using this as a switch. The better way is to do as Astra says change the router you already have to the 3BB user name and password.

Don't do this ! 2 routers on 1 network will make a ip conflict . You can do it but first have to turn of the DHCP of the TOT modem.

Don't do this ! 2 routers on 1 network will make a ip conflict . You can do it but first have to turn of the DHCP of the TOT modem.

This is not quite correct. I have two adsl routers on my network. One is using TOT and the other 3BB. Just make sure the routers have different IP addresses. I do agree that only one router should have DHCP turned on.

This is not quite correct. I have two adsl routers on my network. One is using TOT and the other 3BB. Just make sure the routers have different IP addresses. I do agree that only one router should have DHCP turned on.

So wat is not correct than ?