Condo Projects In Pattaya

toenail

I too wonder and worry about all the newly completed, those under construction, and others in the planning stage condos and how Pattaya's infrastructure if even half of them are ever completed AND occupied. I don't mind planned growth and development if there are provisions made for infrastructure improvements in tandem, particularly more road surface, which is the most difficult to do. I wonder what living in Pattaya will be like in 5-10 years...if it will be more livable because of the increased population, and the increase in shopping and restaurants of if it will be one big traffic jam ala Bangkok. If it is, I could definitely see myself moving either elsewhere in Thailad (Chiang Mai and Phuket beckon) on just move on the show to Phnom Penh smile.png

sorry to tell you but Chiang Mai is no better.

And Phnom Penh is gettin that way also.

Now i can tell you there are almost no cars in Pyongyang !

Many of the units purchased here are for holidays only. Down where I live, near the Ambassador, there are huge apartment buildings right on the beach. At night, only a few units have lights on. But during holidays, they're packed. I have quite a few friends who own units in Jomtien and central Pattaya who only live here part time. And many units are owned by Thais who live in Bangkok.

I saw that monstrosity on the corner of Thappraya and Pratumnak roads. Talk about an upcoming traffic jam.

This is why you want to look at a resale. I am not too far south of the Ambassador. Buidling has 250 total units, mostly 2-3 bedroom, building completed in 1994, 90% Thai ownership who may be there for holidays. Other than holidays, 10% occupied. Thus, there is no one at the pool, in the elevators, etc. DOWNSIDE--Thai owners don't want to spend any money for capital improvements. UPSIDE--Privacy, relaxation, quiet, great views, low annual maintenance fees, great security and maintenance.

With a resale, you get to pick your neighbors.

As already stated "condos-housing resorts-the dreaded "shop houses"

Pattaya and its' surrounding area

Will become the new "Costa del Sol" and we can all see what has happened there

But as someone says.....money talks