Pound Hits 50, How Long Will The Trend Last?

The trend will last until the markets realize that they have been fooled by London and Washington. As soon as the markets realize that the debt problem in the US and in England are far far worse than that in France or even the Euro area as a whole they dump it again. In the meantime it could still go up a bit. That is very good news for the Euro area and Thailand whose exports become cheaper. Europe would not mind to se the Euro become 20% cheaper. It is very bad news for the UK and the USA who will see their economic growth go down the drain. Enjoy for at long as it last.

Total agree the UK is worse than France and everybody else, Mainly because half of Europe is living free in the UK , And the other half is being subsidized by the British public who do not want to be in the EU, The Unemployment would go down dramatically if ALL the Illegal immigrants where repatriated along with the other people from Europe. then the Indigenous people of Britain would be able to find work and be able to go to there local hospitals and doctors who are being swampy by foreigners.

• Like 1

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to bring this up, as there more than a few who simply cannot believe this is happening.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-05-21/wen-growth-pledge-spurs-speculation-of-china-stimulus.html

Elsewhere in Asia, Thailand’s gross domestic product unexpectedly expanded 0.3 percent last quarter from a year earlier, compared with the median forecast for a 0.5 percent decline. Bank of Thailand Governor Prasarn Trairatvorakul said this month the monetary authority will refrain from further interest-rate cuts because the pace of recovery is exceeding its expectations, even as Europe’s debt woes and higher oil prices pose risks to growth.

thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif For Thailand.

Yellow Shirts, Red Shirts even Wet Shirts; Thailand keeps on truckin'

Bad news for chickens, but more great news for Thailand

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/556962-eu-lifts-chicken-import-ban-for-thailand/

100,000 tonnes of chickens off to the EU.

That'll pay a few bills and keep a few employed.

clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

The trend will last until the markets realize that they have been fooled by London and Washington. As soon as the markets realize that the debt problem in the US and in England are far far worse than that in France or even the Euro area as a whole they dump it again. In the meantime it could still go up a bit. That is very good news for the Euro area and Thailand whose exports become cheaper. Europe would not mind to se the Euro become 20% cheaper. It is very bad news for the UK and the USA who will see their economic growth go down the drain. Enjoy for at long as it last.

Total agree the UK is worse than France and everybody else, Mainly because half of Europe is living free in the UK , And the other half is being subsidized by the British public who do not want to be in the EU, The Unemployment would go down dramatically if ALL the Illegal immigrants where repatriated along with the other people from Europe. then the Indigenous people of Britain would be able to find work and be able to go to there local hospitals and doctors who are being swampy by foreigners.

I would be surprised if there is 5 minutes of research to validate your claim.

• Like 1

The indigenous people of Britain are similar to the indigenous people of many countries only worse, there are jobs they simply wont do hence, given the scenario you suggest there would still be massive unemployment except the country would be in even worse shape than it is now because there wouldn't be any waitresses, shop assistants etc etc. Doubtless also that getting rid of all foreigners would cause the average IQ level to fall substantially!

The indigenous people of Britain are similar to the indigenous people of many countries only worse, there are jobs they simply wont do hence, given the scenario you suggest there would still be massive unemployment except the country would be in even worse shape than it is now because there wouldn't be any waitresses, shop assistants etc etc. Doubtless also that getting rid of all foreigners would cause the average IQ level to fall substantially!

I see we agree on something at last.

laugh.png

Who do you consider the indigenous people of Britain ....... Celts, Saxons, Romans, Normans?

And how about the other countries

USA - American Indians

Australia - Aborigines

NZ - Maori

or where you just talking about white people who weren't indigenous to any of those countries?

Who do you consider the indigenous people of Britain ....... Celts, Saxons, Romans, Normans?

And how about the other countries

USA - American Indians

Australia - Aborigines

NZ - Maori

or where you just talking about white people who weren't indigenous to any of those countries?

For the purpose of my statement, anyone who was resident there prior to the Blair government.

• Like 2

The problem with your theory is that most of the Drs/ nurses etc in the UK these days seem to be foreign, so if all foreigners had to go home, you'd still find it hard to get medical treatment.

In the NHS hospital I worked in, there were very few English staff.

the trend did not last very long.

Ever the pessimist regarding Britain Naam ,still whatever makes you happy.

why, pray tell, would i have a reason to be a pessimist regarding some remote island located somewhere in the North Sea? huh.png

Because we had the sense to keep out of the failed attempt by Germany and their cheese eating buddies the French to take over Europe by having that failed euro,oh that we had never listened to the traitor Edward Heath and stayed out of the e.u.

The Germans tried twice to take over that remote island somewhere in the north sea before ,they didn't manage it then ,they won't manage it now.

Because we had the sense to keep out of the failed attempt by Germany and their cheese eating buddies the French to take over Europe by having that failed euro,oh that we had never listened to the traitor Edward Heath and stayed out of the e.u.

The Germans tried twice to take over that remote island somewhere in the north sea before ,they didn't manage it then ,they won't manage it now.

When I last looked the Euro hadn't failed. I'll check again. Nope, it's still there.

GBP 1 = EUR 1.24 = THB 49.59

From the Wiki

The currency is also used in a further five European countries and consequently used daily by some 332 million Europeans.[4] Additionally, over 175 million people worldwide - including 150 million people in Africa - use currencies which are pegged to the euro.

The euro is the second largest reserve currency as well as the second most traded currency in the world after the United States dollar.[5][6] As of February 2012, with more than €890 billion in circulation, the euro has the highest combined value of banknotes and coins in circulation in the world, having surpassed the US dollar.[note 14] Based on International Monetary Fund estimates of 2008 GDP and purchasing power parity among the various currencies, the eurozone is the second largest economy in the world.

Doesn't read like a failure to me.

I think you are confusing failed economies, failed politicians and failed banks with currencies.

In fact, I'd claim the EUR is the most successful currency in the world since we left the gold standard.

It imposes fiscal discipline on countries, which, unfortunately, the bankers and politicians failed to accept in their blind race towards more personal gain.

Edited by 12DrinkMore

spoken like a true ignorant not aware of facts and not willing to look up facts. look at the "failed" EUR vs. GBP:

fact: around the EURos inception one Pound Sterling bought EUR 1.70, today GBP 1 buys € 1.24 = Sterling lost 27% vs. that failed currency.

failed EURo? ...my arse! laugh.png

post-35218-0-80243800-1337902634_thumb.j

In fact, I'd claim the EUR is the most successful currency in the world since we left the gold standard.

but presently we prefer not to hold too many EURos in our portfolios, am i right 12? tongue.png

Errr, umm, are we absolutely certain that the Euro was appropriately priced at launch and that subsequent gains were not in fact a result of deliberate mispricing at the outset.

we are not certain but circumstantial evidence clearly indicates that the EUR was created because of a German conspiracy to finally invade Britannia, enslave the Brits, liberate the Scots and call the Pound "half a metric kilogram".

by the way, once Britannia ruled, now paranoia rules Britannia whistling.gif

Edited by Naam
  • Like 1

spoken like a true ignorant not aware of facts and not willing to look up facts. look at the "failed" EUR vs. GBP:

fact: around the EURos inception one Pound Sterling bought EUR 1.70, today GBP 1 buys € 1.24 = Sterling lost 27% vs. that failed currency.

Regardless of the XE rate...Euro as we can see is a failing/failed currency...unlike Sterling which has been around for centuries and will be for many moresmile.png

• Like 1

Regardless of the XE rate...Euro as we can see is a failing/failed currency...unlike Sterling which has been around for centuries and will be for many moresmile.png

and as we can see... 2 + 2 = 6 since centuries, right?

av-11672.gif

i wish i was a Brit, owned Sterling and could therefore kneel down before going to bed and pray "Dear <insert deity>, please consider the centuries and make the Pound buy 50 or more Baht again!"

cheesy.gif

• Like 1

i wish i was a Brit, owned Sterling and could therefore kneel down before going to bed and pray "Dear <insert deity>, please consider the centuries and make the Pound buy 50 or more Baht again!"

cheesy.gif

I have a few samples in pristine condition that I could sell to you, if you wish?

but presently we prefer not to hold too many EURos in our portfolios, am i right 12? tongue.png

Unfortunately the Swiss have me holding CHF as a proxy for EUR....

Edited by 12DrinkMore

A currency has three uses.

1. A medium of exchange.

The EUR is used by over 500,000,000 people in many difference countries. It is the second largest reserve currency as well as the second most traded currency in the world. The euro has the highest combined value of banknotes and coins in circulation in the world, having surpassed the US dollar.

2. A unit of accounting.

350,000,000 people in the Eurozone use it as a unit of accounting.

3. A store of value.

We the stricter rules on fiscal discipline imposed by the ECB, and Germany firmly holding on to the reigns, the EUR should perform as well, or better, as a store of value than other currencies. Around 30% of international reserves are denominated in EUR, (around 60% USD, with the GBP and JPY making up just 10%)

I simply cannot see why you should apply "failed" (it most certainly hasn't failed) or "failing" currency (failing to do what?)

I realise that there are more than a few dreamers who somehow think that if the EUR did fail, then suddenly the GBP would rise like the Phoenix out of the ashes and reinstate the Great British Empire. Plus give all the Brits 95 Baht for each Quid, and so they could spend endless hours in the bars gloating over the Day of the Failed Euro.

Won't happen.

The Euro is here to stay.

Edited by 12DrinkMore

cheesy.gif

Keep taking the medication Naam, it's all rosy in Europe and for the euro while you do. Plenty of time to come back to reality and in your dreams you can be joined by 12drinktomuch

Edited by thenervoussurgeon

cheesy.gif

Keep taking the medication Naam, it's all rosy in Europe and for the euro while you do. Plenty of time to come back to reality and in your dreams you can be joined by 12drinktomuch

why would i care about bloody Europe and why would i care about the €UR? all my life i have been a cosmopolitan in each and every respect. it's not me who lives in Nakhon Nowhere needing medication to cure hallucinations of "century old currencies" as well as "failed ones" or compensate for wet dreams and frustration by making uneducated and unfounded ridiculous claims and then trying to divert with even more ridiculous and irrelevant comments tongue.png

A currency has three uses.

then there are "currencies of special high value" which

1. have been around for centuries,

2. will be around for centuries, perhaps milleniae, to come,

3. are strong like Sterling which has kept its purchase power since the days of the Roman Empire,

4. increases its value like Sterling from 20 Shillings to 100 Cents,

and last not least

5. any fart-things such as guineas, tuppence, hay- and straw-pennies as well as other ridiculous fractual denominations should be dropped into oblivion.

thumbsup.gif

Isn't the GBP strong short term as Europeans park assets , buy London Property , cornish pasties , black puddings , scones and clotted cream .. but once the Greeks decide that they are better off in the Euro rather than out .. the Euro will pop , and USD drop blink.png .. and perhaps with elections and no resolution on debt ceilings in the US and with Bernanke hovering ready to drop .. attention will switch back to the reserve currency laugh.png

and Gollum is out ..

Herman Van Rompuy@euHvR

I make again an appeal to leaders & citizens in Greece to let reason & self-interest prevail. We want Greece to (cont) http://tl.gd/hi84rp

Edited by churchill