Gmmz Box

StefanBBK

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been led to believe that a good dish can cost around 75,000 Baht, that's why I wrote that.

Only if it is solid gold....... cheesy.gif

1500B sounds about right!!

A quality offset focus az/el 1.2m fixed mount Andrews Channel Master dish is about £250, 1.8m about £879 and 2.4m about £1400. These are the Rolls Royce of satellite dishes and will give you a superb picture, will not warp with the sun unlike conventional dishes and should last forever. I used to fit these in Spain and properly set up they pulled weak signals in like no other dish was capable of.

Thanks, I just got off the phone with GMM and all is working now.

To get english menus you enter 9933.

From June 1st they will give 9 channels for free , including Euro 2012 , for 30 days.

After that they will have 3 packages available Full B400 (I think) Sport B300 and Entertainment B200.

Only SD at the moment but HD apparently coming soon.

Looking like real competition for True!!!!!

Lets hope it doesn't end like UTV.

Here's hoping they can outbid True for the EPL!

Although True get a lot of critism.I think that their handling of the EPL games is 100% and dont see how it can be improved.

I agree (and F1 and Rugby) but it can easily be improved by cutting the monthly fee.

Very good thank you for that, but I why do you write that a dish is very expensive ?

I think that you can buy a suitable dish for around 1000-1500 THB.

<snip>

you will have to purchase a dish which is very expensive

<snip

I've been led to believe that a good dish can cost around 75,000 Baht, that's why I wrote that. Are you sure of the price you quote? If you are correct then the Grammy box is not going to work out expensive if you have to add your own dish. Thanks for that heads up.

I had a Truevisions sized dish installed at my house.

Dish itself is 900 Baht and total with installation was 1,600 Baht.

Very good thank you for that, but I why do you write that a dish is very expensive ?

I think that you can buy a suitable dish for around 1000-1500 THB.

<snip>

you will have to purchase a dish which is very expensive

<snip

I've been led to believe that a good dish can cost around 75,000 Baht, that's why I wrote that. Are you sure of the price you quote? If you are correct then the Grammy box is not going to work out expensive if you have to add your own dish. Thanks for that heads up.

I had a Truevisions sized dish installed at my house.

Dish itself is 900 Baht and total with installation was 1,600 Baht.

Wow, only 1,600 Baht for a dish, great.

I cancelled my true account and when the teq came around he said he would sell me the dish for 500 baht and the grammy box for 1000 baht. I said ok. My wife called grammy, registered the box and now we have 60 channels. Change menu to english, go to track set and change to left, not stereo. grammy said as far as they know there will be no charge for the time being and not for the forseeable future. so, free tv. Not so bad. Some progs in english, the rest in thai. Enjoy

IME the dish and cable are left in place only the box taken away by True staff.

Same here. I guess it is not worth the extra work, plus possible liability for the holes the made during installation.... Our dish is "idle" since 3 years when we switched to local cable....

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Thaivisa Connect App

• 2 weeks later...
Picture is fine and so I haven't had to change to HD box package which in all will cost 6,500.

Do they actually have HD ??

Theres very little info on gmm in english or even an email to enquire is there ??

Picture is fine and so I haven't had to change to HD box package which in all will cost 6,500.

Theres very little info on gmm in english or even an email to enquire is there ??

Yes they do have HD. Best get someone who speaks Thai to call them.

• 2 weeks later...

Registered my box today. The guy told my wife that the premium channels were not yet available. For now only the four gmm channels on 398,399 and 400 + 000. The numbers for the premium ones like warner tv or eurosport just give 'future channel' messages. On this forum I read that some of you already have them? How is this possible?

Sent from my GT-S6102 using Thaivisa Connect App

There are a few English-speaking channels - Warner TV, ASN, Eurosport, Nat Geo Wild among them.

I seem to be going in circles looking for ASN. I read somewhere that Grammy had sold the rights to ASN to DTV, then someone said that True just signed a 4 year deal with ASN, now I see this.

Can someone clarify who, besides True, is offering ASN and speculate on how long it may be available there?

Thanks

Just got back from 2 weeks in the UK. To answer some posters:

1. I can get Nickleodeon Junior. Ch 393

2. The guy who cannot get any of the good stuff. Sounds like your registration did not work. I phoned in way back before the Euro football and all those channels are still working for me (but see no 3 below). I just paid the standard 1,590 in Big C and connected it to my existing True dish

3. The ASN seeker. I cant find it now on my set, leaving me wondering whether I was dreaming. Don't think so - I was watching baseball and American football and ice hockey but I think it was just in the week or so before I left. Perhaps it came up as a guest appearnace on one of their GMM channels like GMM Gebius or GMM Z. They seem to be totally spurious as to content.

4. Can we speculate on what will happen. Yes, but it wouldn't be worth the pixels its represented by. GMM don't seem to know themselves what the future will bring. They are probably waiting to see what happens with the English Premier League auction over the next few months. I would be unsurprised if GMM withdraw all services by Christmas - they just don't seem to have any kind of $hit pulled together.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yes they do have HD. Best get someone who speaks Thai to call them.

Got my Thai Partner to call them today, most was no, or pay more you will get this and that package, no some channels you will pay for are not there yet.. no info as to when..No most is in Thai............. The only thing the sales girl appeared to know was the box is 999 baht now.......... ALL the channels I wished for I wrote down, the answer to them was no not have that, only yes was Fox have.

So will give that box a miss, if no one knows what is on the service what is the point, or when !

This may be a completely stupid question and I apologise if it is but I live in an apartment in bkk with one of the large black satellite dishes on the roof along with a traditional tv antenna system.

In my room I have one 'antenna' plug which, when a tv is plugged in I get all the Thai only local channels, no sat or English channels. Would I be right in assuming that plug is split between the the two systems, tv and satellite and when I plug in the Gmmz box it will run? Is there anyway to find out short of buying the box or hiring a tech? I have asked through a translator of sorts but couldn't really get a straight answer. Cheers Nick

Sent from my GT-I8160L using Thaivisa Connect App

Edited by nicktheviking

nicktheviking

​I think no, if you go to a Hotel and the have a Sat box in the room = you watch what you want......... if not the you watch what the Hotel box/boxes are turned to..

​Thai friend owns a Apartment block in BKK, on the roof he had installed large black satellite dishes along with a traditional tv antenna system, the traditional tv antenna plug is in every room, Downstairs he has 6 set top boxes if people want Sat TV it is supplied via Wi-Fi to room at XXX price per month........... Note he has 6 boxes, so all in the apartment block can watch up to 6 Sat channels.

I would guess the traditional tv antenna plug in your room is just that.. a push in connector, not a screw in type.