Things I Don'T Really Miss When In Thailand...

zzaa09

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neds yobs chavs....whatever other name for 'em.

Yet, aren't there just as many here as there..??

A better class mostly. Spivs rather than mindless chavs. Its not perfect but its as good as its gonna get.

• Like 1

Neds yobs chavs....whatever other name for 'em.

Yet, aren't there just as many here as there..??

A better class mostly. Spivs rather than mindless chavs. Its not perfect but its as good as its gonna get.

I think the main difference is that they are normally alone (or hand-in-hand with an ugly hooker); and they are much less dangerous (or should I say less vocal) while away from the rest of the pack

Don't really miss Governments telling me when. what or how to live and paying them to tell me. Jim

But the Thai government pontificates and rules on your right to even be here as well as frequently fiddling with the rules, so they already have their fat thumb in your bowl of noodles.

And you are paying your taxes here no?

All this recycling BS in the U.K.. Seperate bins for this n that ( paper, cardboard, glass, plastic, garden refuse, household refuse all in seperate bins). A tiny amount of Pizza on a pizza box and you can get fined. Wash all bottles / jars out and take the labels off. 1 week for this rubbish, 1 week for that rubbish.

Dare to put your refuse bin out a day early? Another fine.

Here I put any bottles / jars / plastic into a carrier bag, hang it on the gate and someone happily takes it away to make some cash.

My 86 year old Ma has managed to avoid being fined by the trash gestapo. Maybe it's a case of she has the time and inclination to follow the rules rather than "toss sh!t out the window." Regarding the bucket left out late, I managed to avoid similar penalties in the US by religiously taking it off the kerb when I cam home from work or, if I went on the piss straight from work, move the bugger when I came back rat-arsed after midnight.

Political Correctness, Health and Safety regulations, Benefit Scroungers to name a few.

Don't take the piss out of the royals, don't take balloons on the BTS, farang 'retirees' abusing resources at Thai government hospitals to name a few more.