Things I Don'T Really Miss When In Thailand...

zzaa09

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All this recycling BS in the U.K.. Seperate bins for this n that ( paper, cardboard, glass, plastic, garden refuse, household refuse all in seperate bins). A tiny amount of Pizza on a pizza box and you can get fined. Wash all bottles / jars out and take the labels off. 1 week for this rubbish, 1 week for that rubbish.

Dare to put your refuse bin out a day early? Another fine.

Here I put any bottles / jars / plastic into a carrier bag, hang it on the gate and someone happily takes it away to make some cash.

Strange how you can get fined for paying such large amounts of council tax eh!

Centre of London houses for example have almost no gardens at all, yet there are about 5 huge bins of a variety of disgusting colours taking up whatever little space you have.

A new stupid idea every other month comes into play at a vast expense to the rate payer, then to become obsolete.

Dont ya just miss itbiggrin.png

• Like 1

Women chauvinists who can openly insult men on TV and the media, while men are portrayed as bumbling fools...and that's supposed to be funny.

Policemen on every corner to write me a jaywalking ticket, but if I call for help, there are none to be found.

Having to fill my own car up at the petrol station.

i never minded filling up my car at gas stations ..... i think its more annoying waiting for some kid to come and fill it

when you could (and i did once ) just grab the thing and fill it yourself .....

apparently thats rude i learned when i got back in the car :D

All this recycling BS in the U.K.. Seperate bins for this n that ( paper, cardboard, glass, plastic, garden refuse, household refuse all in seperate bins). A tiny amount of Pizza on a pizza box and you can get fined. Wash all bottles / jars out and take the labels off. 1 week for this rubbish, 1 week for that rubbish.

Here I put any bottles / jars / plastic into a carrier bag, hang it on the gate and someone happily takes it away to make some cash.

Centre of London houses for example have almost no gardens at all, yet there are about 5 huge bins of a variety of disgusting colours taking up whatever little space you have.

A new stupid idea every other month comes into play at a vast expense to the rate payer, then to become obsolete.

Ah, the Global warming brigade, petty council officials, traffic wardens, yellow lines everywhere, excessive parking charges, toy town police 'helpers' instead of real policemen patrolling the streets. The list goes on and on blink.png

• Like 1

Ah, the Global warming brigade, petty council officials, traffic wardens, yellow lines everywhere, excessive parking charges, toy town police 'helpers' instead of real policemen patrolling the streets. The list goes on and on blink.png

Oh yes, how easily we forget the above.. but forgive me dont we also have "toy town police " instead of real policemen in Thailand as well?biggrin.pnggiggle.gif

Teaching chav kids, who are right chips of their chav parents' block.

Sunday roasts, easily the most boring meal of the week.

Your first point makes sense; your second point is incorrect

No he is quite correct. The only good thing about a Sunday roast is munching cold crispy roasties later on a Sunday evening. I don't bother with the rest of it.

Oh yes, how easily we forget the above.. but forgive me dont we also have "toy town police " instead of real policemen in Thailand as well?biggrin.pnggiggle.gif

Thailand doesn't recycle. Funny we recycle at my house and have it taken to the recycling plant. If we didn't separate the recyclable goods, Im sure some poorer person would be sifting through it them selves.

You wonder why your home country has to treat you like a child when you act like one. passifier.gif

• Like 1

No he is quite correct. The only good thing about a Sunday roast is munching cold crispy roasties later on a Sunday evening. I don't bother with the rest of it.

You don't "bother with" lamb and mint sauce?... what is wrong with you people?

• Like 2

seeing loads women who look like this every day

and working for a living driving this : (

dave2

Yes Yes Yes, agree about the driving, glad I'm not doing that anymore and I was only at it for 2 years.

I don't miss having to go for longer than a few weeks without having sex with anyone but myself....

biggrin.pngclap2.gif

I don't miss having to go for longer than a few weeks days without having sex with anyone but myself....

• Like 2

Thailand doesn't recycle. Funny we recycle at my house and have it taken to the recycling plant. If we didn't separate the recyclable goods, Im sure some poorer person would be sifting through it them selves.

Every bag of household rubbish is sifted through by at least a half-dozen people, believe me very very little ends up in landfill or dumped in ocean like back home. The past six months there's a young lady makes the rounds with her son checking out inside our bins before the official collector comes around.

Makes you very self-conscious about throwing away old cutting blades, broken glass and toxic liquids. . .

It won't be long.

Disagree, the capital investment isn't worth it with neglible wages, plus the hi-so's wouldn't stand for it.

Every bag of household rubbish is sifted through by at least a half-dozen people, believe me very very little ends up in landfill or dumped in ocean like back home. The past six months there's a young lady makes the rounds with her son checking out inside our bins before the official collector comes around.

Makes you very self-conscious about throwing away old cutting blades, broken glass and toxic liquids. . .

It won't be long.

Disagree, the capital investment isn't worth it with neglible wages, plus the hi-so's wouldn't stand for it.

Same here. A little old lady who comes by 2 or 3 times a week collecting the cardboard, bottles, plastic and anything else I leave hung on the gate in a bag.

Cardboard is especially welcome and can earn people real cash.

The refuse cart that comes around segregate all the rubbish too where possible. Why would they do that if it was not worth some money to them.

You don't "bother with" lamb and mint sauce?... what is wrong with you people?

I'm not against roasts in principle, one every few months is fine. It's peoples insistence that they've got to bloody have one every bloody sunday........saai.gif