Repost, Please

1Gringo

within the past couple of months, an obviously computer savvy person who'd created a marvelous map posted a link to it on a thread dealing with food. why do I remember that? mostly because I'm a food junkie. I made notes about restaurants I wanted to try but did not bookmark that map.

now I'm remembering he had a balloon pointing at a hardware emporium he/she recommended with something along these lines: "when you're tired of hearing Mai Mee from your local store, this is the place to go; they have everything."

I'd be interested in finding that hardware store location.

can you repost that, please?

many thanks.

ps I tried the search function but........after re-reading maybe fifty threads on food, I gave up. hence the appeal here.

thanks, but that's not the map I saw. the map I remember (wasn't a Google map) was much more focused at the old city and environs nearby. this hardware store was between the moat and the river, as I recall.

If the google map is not what the OP is looking for, I remember there was another hand drawn map posted some time ago.

But I can't remember under what topic or by which TV member. 1Gringo, do you remember if that is correct?

thanks anyway, but it's not Greenside's map. it wasn't a Google map, though it may have been based on it way back.

today I did bookmark Greenside's map and I guess I'll just wait until that other map gets posted again.

the map I'm thinking of pinpointed several restaurants I hadn't gotten to at the time. these include Mei Jiang, Tsumani Sushi, Sushi Iciban and Haruto. from that list it seems I was looking for sushi.

but there was high praise for this cramped, overfilled general hardware store and the line about when you're tired hearing Mai Mee..........go here.

not critical. I'll check into the one on Greenside's map in the meantime.

thanks for the responses, good people!

OK, this is probably also not the map that the OP is looking for.

He wants hardware (probably it's the huge one SE corner of Chotana Rd. and Superhighway).

But if you want food- here's a Google map for CM foodies:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=217683841291751808458.00047f11b679064fa5462&msa=0&ll=18.783142,98.992481&spn=0.078578,0.14308

licklips.gif

But if you want food- here's a Google map for CM foodies:

http://maps.google.c....078578,0.14308

I am not sure what to make of this map - more than half the listings and text come from MY map! I guess that I shall take it as a compliment...

http://maps.google.c...&mid=1337253623

------

There are lots of hardware shops around.

I build lots of stuff - what hardware are you looking for?

Not answering your question for the map but Montri (18° 48’ 42.02” N, 98° 59’ 04.38” E) is the best hardware shop I know in Chiang Mai. Staff have a deep knowledge of what they sell and can recommend the best items for your money matching your needs. They have most needed spare parts available or can order almost everything. As a regular customer I get 10 to 20% discount, so normally I end up with much cheaper prices than I would ever get at e.g. Global House not to mention Home Pro. Unfortunately they speek English less than a litten bit.