Why Are 'Quotes' Reproduced Twice When Replying?

Mobi

Sorry if this has already been dealt with.

Every time I try to reply to a thread by pressing the 'Quote' button, the quote is always reproduced twice in my reply window.

What am I doing wrong? How can I make a reply, quoting a previous post, without having the previous post shown twice? OK I can delete the duplication but that's not the correct solution.

BTW I am using Google Chrome.

Thank you

yes, very annoying, particularly as when I try to delete the double quotes it seems to take ages to get the 'opening quotes to match the closing quotes'. Its a real pig's breakfast.

As I said in my original post - I am now using Google Chrome, so wondered if that was the source of the problem - anyone in admin-land out there???

Is Admin still alive????

Another problem - the 'instant edit' function doesn't work'.

If you use this function to 'modify a post' and then hit the 'Save changes' button, it doesn't save the changes and reverts back to the original post. You have to use the 'full editor' function to edit text. Not really a problem, but just thought I'd mention it.

Edited by Mobi

yes, very annoying, particularly as when I try to delete the double quotes it seems to take ages to get the 'opening quotes to match the closing quotes'. Its a real pig's breakfast.

As I said in my original post - I am now using Google Chrome, so wondered if that was the source of the problem - anyone in admin-land out there???

Is Admin still alive????

Another problem - the 'instant edit' function doesn't work'.

If you use this function to 'modify a post' and then hit the 'Save changes' button, it doesn't save the changes and reverts back to the original post. You have to use the 'full editor' function to edit text. Not really a problem, but just thought I'd mention it.

try using a different browser and see what you get, this is posted using firefox and, as you can see, no double quotes

Thank you.

I had the problem on both FF and Google Chrome, but not IE and I have tracked it down to an extension on FF and Chrome which I had never downloaded or selected.

Something to do with assisting searches. Anyway, I have deleted it and problem now solved.

It has also solved the editing problem.

Edited by Mobi
  • Like 1