Outlet Mall - No Farang Sizes!?!?

MrPlumbs

Recently been hunting for undies, shirts and shoes at the outlet Mall

I am six foot, 100Kg fella, fairly normal/large foreigner

XL-Shop had no XL stuff at all! I was told only have M/L

Export shop the same story

Shoe sizes were a problem

surely this place is geared up for tourists!?!? and they wonder why it's quiet.........

surely this place is geared up for tourists!?!? and they wonder why it's quiet.........

Try Export Shop @seacon square, ground and 1st floor towards Robinson.

Edited by BuddhistVirus

Try the XL shop in central loads of gear i there up 5 xl on goods destined for the states, plus other brands names like george which is Walmart in the UK so the sizes are accurate.. Cental store have farang shoe shoes in clarks, hush puppies etc. the outlet mall does seem to be a waste of space, did have limited farang size shoes but Central Festival have most things. Always Mikes Mall as well.

Export shop at Festival on 2nd Road always has +XL if looking for casual wear. Most of the stuff there is from local factories and was destined for brand-name export but failed the final QC.

As for getting XL sized skivvies anywhere in LOS, I reckon the OP is out of luck and needs to explore going commando.

Even in the big Tesco next to the factory outlet you can have a hard job finding XL sizes, or shoes of size 44 or more. XL and 44 are not especially large and would be too small for 50% of the Russians that fill the shop.

One would think that Tesco could get it right.

Outside Big C on Sukhumvit, next to the car park/north side entrance there is a line of small shops along the wall, about the middle of that line there is a shop that sells decent quality men's shirts in sizes up to 5XL !! Prices start around 200 Baht.

Even in the big Tesco next to the factory outlet you can have a hard job finding XL sizes, or shoes of size 44 or more. XL and 44 are not especially large and would be too small for 50% of the Russians that fill the shop.

size 44 what / waits shirt or shoe size ?what you talking about

size 44 what / waits shirt or shoe size ?what you talking about

Shoes, is that not clear? "or shoes of size 44" or size 10 for us Brits.

Shoes, is that not clear? "or shoes of size 44" or size 10 for us Brits.

He's Brazilian so he can be excused for not understanding my precise use of English or the bizarre shoe sizing methods that one finds throughout the world. I barely understand them myself.

I lived in Europe so long that the European 44 shoe measurement is the only one that actually means anything to me, and anything else I have to calculate back.

Been to Central now, XL shop there wasn't much better BUT found what I was after ta..........

Anyone know where to get a decent leather shoe with leather soles that arn't in that gay winklepicker style

One store in central had some decent brogues but they were over 5000B

Try Export Shop @seacon square, ground and 1st floor towards Robinson.

I think that Mr. Plumbs is talking about Pattaya.

He could try at FN Outlet store along Sukhumvit.

Did a considerable purchase last year of XL-sized underwear, shirts and slacks.

Been to Central now, XL shop there wasn't much better BUT found what I was after ta..........

Anyone know where to get a decent leather shoe with leather soles that arn't in that gay winklepicker style

Mr. Plumbs, very recently I bought a pair of Dr. Martens.

After wearing Bata and "Italian" brands for the last 7 years, I finally found a pair of Dr. Martens

DrMartensMensFootwearDrMartensBootsMens1460DocMartensMensShoesDrMartinsDocsSteeltoesDMShoesDocs.png

All leather (except soles) and with re-inforced foot bed. Finally some shoes on my feet instead of plastic bags.

Price: THB 3200 instead THB 5800

After wearing Bata and "Italian" brands for the last 7 years, I finally found a pair of Dr. Martens

DrMartensMensFootwearDrMartensBootsMens1460DocMartensMensShoesDrMartinsDocsSteeltoesDMShoesDocs.png

All leather (except soles) and with re-inforced foot bed. Finally some shoes on my feet instead of plastic bags.

you forgot to mention where? I have tried Outlet Mall, That was what started this thread.. DMs are fine but I want leather soles

Edited by MrPlumbs

you forgot to mention where? I have tried Outlet Mall, That was what started this thread.. DMs are fine but I want leather soles

Dr. Martens is situated at the outlet mall; lowest floor.

From the entrance closest to Tesco South-Pattaya it is almost at the end. Around it there are numerous shoe, belt, bag and leather shops.

There must be something for you there.