What'S Your Preferred Air Filter Oil In Thailand?

What do you use to oil your air filter?  

5 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey guys, been years since I've serviced a dirtbike. When I was a kid we used to wash our dirtbike and atv air filters in gasoline, then wash again with water and detergent, let dry and then oil with regular motor oil.

Just serviced my KLX and happy to see that while the outside of the air filter was filthy, the inside still looks brand new.

I've washed it in gasoline followed by soapy water and am wondering what you all recommend for filter oil.

Back home there are tons of inexpensive filter oils to choose from, but here in Thailand there aren't so many choices and most are expensive imported oils.

I'm wondering if using regular motor oil like I used to do as a kid will be adequate or if I should go buy some dedicated air filter oil.

What are your thoughts and opinions on this?

Happy Trails!

Tony

4fb4ce0ecaff1_18680b.jpg

I do not wash in gasoline. Use dish soap and warm water, squeeze lots to get soap everywhere, rinse until clean and re-oil.

I use K and N when I can get it, but a light spray with WD40 on the outside only, with a gentle squeeze to cover all surfaces, if that is all there is.

I do not wash in gasoline. Use dish soap and warm water, squeeze lots to get soap everywhere, rinse until clean and re-oil.

I use K and N when I can get it, but a light spray with WD40 on the outside only, with a gentle squeeze to cover all surfaces, if that is all there is.

Bought a BMC filter for the Fazer, took the old one out it was filthy from all the dust and crap in the CM air... will use BMC wash and oil kit I got in Singapore when it comes time to clean...

Now we have brand names. Where do we purchase such in Thailand?

I've seen K&N air filter oil at Red Baron and FastCorner. I think DirtShop might also stock it. Anyone know who stocks Motul air filter oil? TGIF! w00t.gif