Ordered Supplements And Got A Warning From Customs

playyer

"Customs would like to inform you that the import of medicine, drugs, food and supplementary products rqquires prior licensing from the food and drug administration, the ministry of health and other relevant laws. Act for the above the imported may be seized. If you have any questions contact at Food and Drug Bangkok post. "

Only vitamins and supplements, nothing remotely fishy. Anyone else get this ? I got a similar warning in Thai a year ago and since then ive sent smaller packages only, but still quite many per year. The package still got through though. Ive tried calling the phone nbr but they hung up on me straight away when i spoke english to them.....

I have a chronic disease and rely on these supps. This was by DHL, ive had stuff fedexed before without any issues so maybe ill have to try that. More expensive though. Buying in thailand would be very expensive for me.

Yes some supplements are very expensive here, and I spend quite a bit every month for my various supplements and vitamins, but to be honest, the law does make some sense. Without proper licensing and control, how could they be sure what the imports really contain?

I order about 2-3kg of protein a month, 1 pre workout (caffeine, 1,3dym, whole 9), multi vitamin every other month, and more quest protein bars than I can count. Never have had any warning and ive only had 1 package held by customs and thats when i shipped it DHL instead of international mail.

If ya need the site that myself and a few other use can PM me.

I think they assumed it was being imported for commercial use, which would indeed need all the licenses etc mentioned. Was it a large quantity?

Never a good idea to use couriers like DHL and Fedex, they tend to lead to these sorts of problems. Best is regular air mail. And be sure quantities are small and labelled "nutritional supplement for personal use" or something to that effect.

Thanks for the responses. No not a large quantity, about 10-12 smallish pill bottles. But ive sent one almost every month so maybe they marked me out somewhere. Ill try regular airmail next i think. I used to send big packs because it was cheaper but i got warned and started doing small ones with more frequency instead.