Nirun Condo. Sold Apartment But Not Got Money.

pattayadingo

Last night a friend asked me for advice that I could not properly give so I am here to ask for advice from those who know more than me.

A man has sold a condo unit at the Nirun complex to a Farang but he has not received payment.

I believe this man dealt through the office as he has no contact number or name of the buyer.

When he talks to those in the office at Nirun he is told they have sold the unit but have no money to give him. He cannot get the name of the buyer either to contact him.

I understand the condo has been let to someone but the man who sold it is not getting any income from the unit.

The seller still has the paperwork for the condo that has been sold, so I am told.

Does this sort of thing happen often at Nirun?

What steps should he take to get the money?

Can he simply evict the current renters and take back control of his condo.

Thanks for any relative advice.

You say the seller still have the paperwork - I assume you mean the chanote (the title deed). AFAIK sale is only complete when that changes hands.

As for the rest of the situation, it would be pure guesswork as so little information is offered. How did the office get the idea of selling the condo in the first place, and how did they get the key to the condo? Was some agreement made? I don't know how difficult it is to legally kick squatters out of a property in Thailand, but with this being Thailand i can imagine there are very easy ways to solve the problem.

It sounds like like a misunderstanding or - more likely - one of the many "stories" (hoaxes) people like to tell about Nirun.

OK.

Not a tale about Nirun to make it look bad. I personally do not care one way or the other about Nirun itself.

As for the rest, that is fair enough. The difficulty in getting more accurate details gets lost in the translation. I also should have taken more care over the way I wrote to topic :)

My impression is that the condo was sold through the office and not by the owner himself, but at his request, yet he does still have the deeds (chanote) to the property. Obviously then the sale has not been completed as you point out yet the new 'owner' has let the condo out - that is where my bad writing came in also about the chanote holder not getting income.

So it is a case of change the locks and have the present occupiers evicted as long as the owner does have the chanote.

Seems I'll have to try and get some more details too.

Why does he not just go to the current renters and ask who they are renting off.

It could be a simple misunderstanding - the buyer hasn't handed over the money because he wants the chanote in return and the Nirun office are looking for a commision on the deal so don't want the seller dealing with the buyer direct.

I don't know how difficult it is to legally kick squatters out of a property in Thailand, but with this being Thailand i can imagine there are very easy ways to solve the problem.

Pretty easy alan.I find a couple of thousand baht each for two officers to accompany me to property easily does it