Impala

buddhafly

Cars of that size/era almost always ended up in the share taxi business and were driven to scrap metal. I suspect the odds of finding a cherry to be less than great but do not believe they are particularly expensive (reason for the share taxi use). But there are probably some families still keeping one in the stable. I suspect parts would be a major problem.

I know where one of these is for sale, that hasn't been run into the ground. 1965 Impala SS, 396 4 barrel, solid lifter cam, 3 speed automatic. All original. 60,000 miles.

post-18167-1136387397_thumb.jpg

The catch is- the car is in Vancouver BC. It belongs to a friend of mine who inherited it from his grandfather, who was the original owner. He would part with it for 35,000 CAD (approx 26,000 USD) Not a bad deal actually, as the car is perfect- the paint, wheels, etc are all original. Never driven in winter.

The friend wants to sell it and buy a 70's 454 Corvette. I think he is nuts.

If you're interested, and willing to attempt the Thai customs dept, let me know!

I know where one of these is for sale, that hasn't been run into the ground. 1965 Impala SS, 396 4 barrel, solid lifter cam, 3 speed automatic. All original. 60,000 miles.

post-18167-1136387397_thumb.jpg

The catch is- the car is in Vancouver BC. It belongs to a friend of mine who inherited it from his grandfather, who was the original owner. He would part with it for 35,000 CAD (approx 26,000 USD) Not a bad deal actually, as the car is perfect- the paint, wheels, etc are all original. Never driven in winter.

The friend wants to sell it and buy a 70's 454 Corvette. I think he is nuts.

If you're interested, and willing to attempt the Thai customs dept, let me know!

:o:D:D

I always thought this would be the perfect vehicle for that purpose..

a 1968 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

Definitely!! They don't build cars like they used to; that old steel boat would flatten those little tin cans on the road today.

Those old Camaros were built like tahks! They were dependable (for an American car) and could really take a beating.