Uk Fiancee Visa- Intended Date Of Travel Necessary?

Hello,

After submitting the visa application last month I can't seem to remember if we wrote anywhere the actual intended date of travel. I think we may have written that my fiancee intends to travel asap. Is there a requirement for writing the intended date of travel or will the visa just begin from the day it is given? Thanks for any help.

The visa will be valid for travel to the UK immediately from the date of issue. Perhaps the consulate asks for the intended date of travel so that they can assign priorities, or perhaps that question serves no practical purpose.

The visa will be valid for travel to the UK immediately from the date of issue. Perhaps the consulate asks for the intended date of travel so that they can assign priorities, or perhaps that question serves no practical purpose.

You can post date the visa up to 3 months if you enter your date of travel and ask them for a post dated visa.

The visa should be valid from the date of travel entered on the application form or the date it is issued; whichever is the later.

Remember that it cannot be used to enter the UK until the valid from date.