Cling Film Baggage Wrapping Service At Swampy

Pattaya Parent

Thanks, any idea approximately which gate number that would be at?

Gate 3

There's a couple of locations, gate 3 sounds about right and at the top of the farther one along so I'd guess about gate 6?

They're easy enough to spot.

Edited by PattayaParent

How much good does that do if the security wants to inspect inside your baggage?

That's what I wonder about. When you land, do you cut it off for customs?

Only if they request it-the main concern is that it has arrived safely and intact?

How much good does that do if the security wants to inspect inside your baggage?

Only if they request it-the main concern is that it has arrived safely and intact?

Yep. The idea is to make sure nothing extra gets put in your luggage that YOU didn't put in there. Don't want to be somebody's mule and be transporting something. Also it can help any claim you have if something is found missing upon arrival at your destination and if the wrap is missing. Take a photo at the check in desk and at the luggage on arrivals.

After watching a few episodes of "Locked up Abroad" recently on TV, I envision taking as many precautions as possible. Usually I just travel with a carry on. I keep an old large hard American Tourister suitcase around. The one that used to be in the old TV commercial where the "Gorilla" would be cut in and shown tossing the luggage around as a bell hop or cabbie. I still laugh at that. Nothng against soft luggage, but when I bring my suitcase it is the rock. Amazingly on one trip it somehow still got massively dented along the hinge line. Takes quite a whack for that to happen.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is not a problem at all, in oz they happily cut it away with a smile. The chap even made the comment that BKK is well knows for theft last time I went through with lots of food to declare in the wrapped bag. The wrapping was 700grams in weight, weight it before and after on the same scales at the wrapping boy. Several at BKK on departures near the entry doors.