Re-Election Bid Comment Was A Joke: Bangkok Governor Sukhumbhand

webfact

GUBERNATORIAL ELECTION

Re-election bid comment was a joke: Sukhumbhand

The Nation

30182519-01_big.JPG

Sukhumbhand

BANGKOK: -- Bangkok Governor MR Sukhumbhand Paribatra said yesterday he was only joking when he announced to the US media that he would contest the next Bangkok governor election.

On Saturday, Sukhumbhand gave an interview to the US press while on an official visit to Washington DC saying that he was ready to join the Bangkok governor election as a candidate from the Democrat Party after his term in the office ends in eight months.

But yesterday, Sukhumbhand admitted he did not really intend to join the election and that what he said before he was a joke. He said if he intended to contest the election, he would make an official announcement in Bangkok.

Democrat Party spokesperson Chavanond Intarakomalyasut said the party hadn't discussed this issue yet. If the party announced it now, it would disrupt the governor's duties, he said.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-05-22

Bangkok governor job? He must be joking right.

He is about to go to Bangkok Hilton for extending BTS contracts by 30 years ILLEGALLY.

I wonder how much he pocketed from the multi-billions BTS deal.

Not in your lifetime sunshine.

THEY don't do prison. Thaksin has more chance of a suite in the "Hilton" than this gentleman.

He is about to go to Bangkok Hilton for extending BTS contracts by 30 years ILLEGALLY.

Is your assertion based on evidence or media spin?? I'll bet the latter - innocent until proven guilty, just remember that

• Like 1

Looks like a new red shirt / ptp has joined the ranks of thaivisa

Poor sod, suffering from being brain washed

Can't wait until your libel charge arrives. Enjoy your stay at Bangkok Hilton.

Well if the quote in the Nation newspaper is correct, some 40-50 billion (yes billion) baht has been pocketed by politicians over the extension of this contract which was due to expire in 2029 but has now mysteriously been extended to 2042.

Now if this extension was done with the thought that the Bangkok Governor's election is coming up and some people need to get their pension plans sorted out sharpish, then who of us would be so surprised?

Is your assertion based on evidence or media spin?? I'll bet the latter - innocent until proven guilty, just remember that

I know that is the case in the states and many other countries but is that for a fact here in Thailand,

If I kill a man and am found innocent does that mean I did not commit a crime?

You really should check the guys connections before posting. ;)

• Like 1

Well if the quote in the Nation newspaper is correct, some 40-50 billion (yes billion) baht has been pocketed by politicians over the extension of this contract which was due to expire in 2029 but has now mysteriously been extended to 2042.

Now if this extension was done with the thought that the Bangkok Governor's election is coming up and some people need to get their pension plans sorted out sharpish, then who of us would be so surprised?

I haven't seen the quote mentioned (may have missed it), but regading pension plans:

"2009-09-21

On Nut BTS extension up in air as outgoing BMA official fears accusations of corruption"

http://thainews.prd.go.th/en/news.php?id=255209210061

Luckily the late k. Samak has no such problems anymore, should have re-incarnated by now wai.gif