Price List Of International Parcels Of Thailand Post? And Send Liquids Not Possible?

Sandman77

hello!

I look for a posted rate overview list sorted by country and weight class for sea and air mail delivery!

On the website I not find!

I read one time on a post paper after I send a parcel, that the Thai post also pick up the parcel at your home!

Is this service free and avalible everywhere? Or only in the city?

2 month ago I want send Thai boxing oil to a eBay customer from Russia , the man on the counter told, because of new rules we cannot send liquids!

Then I go to a independent parcel service, and the can send over the sea by boat without any problem!

One time I read on a post paper,that insurance for parcel lost or damage cover only 3500 bath!

Does other company dhl etc cover higher insurance up to 500€ like in Europe?

I read in the net on a German website, many parcel are stolen by the stuff of Thailand post and never arrived!

Is there also a limitation in the maximum allowed lenth and side range of a parcel?

Thx for information!

always send EMS but wrap parcel good and label as something non-expensive eg, clothes. the postal staff will take if expensive. i sent mobile phones from thailand and never arrived.....i hear that airport staff take items and they dont make it onto the plane!! i now send mobile phone inside children clothes and label 'clothes', they arrive ok.

EMS is a good balance between speed and cost, and less likely to require customs duty - DHL/FedEx you usually have to pay even more than what is technically required as they average out in batches with other customers' stuff.

I believe the anti-terrorist stuff applies to air shipment only, but not sure, as others recommend just lie and cross your fingers.

For details just go to any post office when they aren't busy and ask, the head guy will usually be happy to sit down with you and explain, give him a nice tip if he's very helpful. Obviously you need to speak Thai or bring a friend to translate, or perhaps go to the main GPO in BKK.