Guitar Parts, Any Shops?

barefoot1988

I recommend Toey Don Tree Chiangmai 'เต้ยดนตรี' place of choice for the local. Nice person although he doesn't talk much.

Get the picture, model, price in dollar as well, much easier to communicate. Many cases you may need to order them.

(MIW shop have a few pickups to choose but have to watch out for the prices.)

I recommend Toey Don Tree Chiangmai 'เต้ยดนตรี' place of choice for the local. Nice person although he doesn't talk much.

Get the picture, model, price in dollar as well, much easier to communicate. Many cases you may need to order them.

(MIW shop have a few pickups to choose but have to watch out for the prices.)

thanks for the help!

will take a look. any other recommendation? im urgently in need of a replacement neck now, argh . . shlt happens

Pol Music SE of Anusarn Market; and there are two good shops on the same side as Shangri La but well south of them.

there is also a fairly good shop inside the moat on the north side near the Wat.

sorry, names escape me right now.

If you need a replacement neck, and you are not a luthier, then there is a luthier, Khun Noom, near the train station who is quite good. While he is mainly building custom electric guitars, and basses, he also does beautiful ukuleles, and he's done some repair on a classical guitar for me, for a very reasonable price.

He does not speak English, although sometimes a woman (his wife ?) is present who does speak some English. If you are interested, you can send me a PM and I'll give you his phone number.

good luck, ~o:37;

Hi Barefoot, my personal choice is Prasit at MIW on Changklan Rd. Yes he is probably the most expensive but has Dimarzio pickups, Seymour Duncans etc. His standard of work is ok. Noon is the luthier next door to Maximum Sound (one block further down Changklan Rd) and he is probably your best bet to replace the neck and re-set up your guitar. Hope this helps.

Noom - Noon? Both make ukuleles and guitars, not the same guy working out of different shops o:37?

Sawasdee Khrup, ChiangMaiTiger, well, could be possible, I'll ask him next time I see him, but this fellow near me does have a very complete luthier's shop, and he seems to be there every day, and busy late into the night.

best, ~o:37;

Noom - Noon? Both make ukuleles and guitars, not the same guy working out of different shops o:37?

Sawasdee Khrup, ChiangMaiTiger, well, could be possible, I'll ask him next time I see him, but this fellow near me does have a very complete luthier's shop, and he seems to be there every day, and busy late into the night.

As I wrote to Khun ChiangMaiTiger today by PM, this is definitely Khun Noom, not Khun Noon, and this is definitely an indepedent luthier with a very complete shop. He has all kinds of guitars and ukes in progress, including one bass guitar. And the quality of his work looks excellent, and, as I said before, my experience with him was great.

His shop is located not far from the train station, on Thanon Ratutit, near the new Siripanna Hotel, but has no external sign. And, please remember that he does not speak English, and when/whether the woman who spoke some English will be at his shop is an unknown to me.

I think TV rules prohibit my posting his phone number or e-mail, but you can PM me here, and I'll send them to you.

best, ~o:37;

Edited by orang37