Board Must Explain Dismissal Of Thai Airways President: Editorial

webfact

Tut tut uncle - it's almost 3pm in the UK.

True, but it was just past midday in the UK when phiphidon posted rolleyes.gif

PS currently 7 hours time difference ?

You honestly think I'm in the UK? Do get a life. There are definately far, far, better places than Bangkok to "live" but the UK isn't one of them.

My excuses, from previous posts I somehow had gotten the impression you were in the UK. Still being somewere in the boondocks of Thailand getting up when the cock crows, by 7:30PM you might not need a morning, but an evening coffee/tea wink.png

BTW you must have learned this from k. Thaksin who recently wrote the non-denial "you really think I would do this?"

You suggested, but did not say explicitly that you are not in the UK wink.png

You would have thought that as well as mentioning that he was appointed by a Democrat government The Nation would mention that he is also married to someone who, at the time of his appointment, was an advisor to Abhisit and is now a Democrat MP.

Who you are married to and political affiliation should matter not IF you are doing a good job. Which it seems he was.

Maybe the board of directors should take a CLOSE look at themselves.

sent from my Wellcom A90+

As mentioned in the BP - they have just appointed Priewpan Damapong to the Thai Board.

More Thaksin/Yingluck neopotism. Downright disgrace.

Weren't they satisfied with appointing him as chief cop over everyone's head?

Was he the wrong colour?

Piyasvasti Amranand (Thai: ปิยสวัสดิ์ อัมระนันทน์) (born 11 July 1953) was Thailand's Energy Minister between 9 October 2006 and 6 February 2008. He is former Secretary-General of the Thai National Energy Policy Office, Chairman of Kasikorn Asset Management and Chairman of Panel of Advisors for CEO of Kasikornbank. His current position is President of Thai Airways International.

The most important law to be passed during his term as Energy Minister was the Energy Industry Act to establish an independent regulatory body for electricity and natural gas industry. The law was also the most important factor which saved PTT Public Co., Ltd from being nationalized in the court case brought against the government and PTT by the Consumers Association.

Politically hired...politically fired....typical Thai politicswai.gif And now they want to give Thaksins brother the jobwai.gif ...now why doesnt this surprise me? Then the next day Yingluck announced a measly 20 million baht donation of land....guilt feelings?whistling.gif Viet Nam's looking better everydaycoffee1.gif