Calling Real Men With An Interest In Investments

This coming weekend is one of special significance to real men:

26 May marks the day on which John Wayne was born

(Gen-Y: Refer http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Wayne)

27 May is the day on which ‘Chips’ Rafferty passed away

(Gen-Y and non-Australians: Refer http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chips_Rafferty and http://adb.anu.edu.au/biography/goffage-john-william-pilbean-10317)

‘Chips’ embodied what most Australian men once wanted to be like ... right up until they started wearing tracksuit pants and slippers around the house, and obsessing about the size of their TV screens

These two guys were legends - seriously

To celebrate the occasion I am offering a man-size discount on the e-book version of “Your Investment Guide to Thailand”

http://www.amazon.com/Investment-Guide-Thailand-Bruce-Bickerstaff/dp/9749511867

Less than half price. Two days only.

Enjoy quiche? Don’t even think about it

"Real men" wouldn't fall for some crappy, get-rich-quick e-book marketing scam.

To be fair, this book's author is not making any such "get-rich-quick" type claims

From the description on Amazon, it sounds like an interesting and informative read

Sales not going so well, huh?

Next you'll understand the average demographic of expats in Thailand and offer a free bar fine with every sale. It might work better.

Bendix, you're a genius man. I'm on to it. I've already tried paying the girls to wear sandwich boards, but they kept banging against the poles. wink.png

Edited by ThailandInvestmentGuide

To be fair, this book's author is not making any such "get-rich-quick" type claims

From the description on Amazon, it sounds like an interesting and informative read

Having bought the hard copy last week i found it very quite informative and, though a lot of it is common sense and is information that can often be found on tv, it certainly helped me to focus on what i needed to do (and not do!) in the future. I will also now be getting the ebook to take advantage of the many links to other sources that are in it along with more up to date info.

real men (with character) wouldn't render a judgment and call something a scam without any tangible evidence.

• Like 2

real men (with character) wouldn't render a judgment and call something a scam without any tangible evidence.

This coming from a man that has more investment knowledge in his pinky than I do in my entire body!!!!wai.gif

• Like 1

Not being a real man, I purchased a paperback version years ago. Cheers! smile.png

Hi Misty. Haven't seen you round for a while. For the purposes of this exercise, real women such as yourself are more than welcome to join the party.

I think you have the original 2010 edition, and I have made a lot of changes and updates since then - doubly so in the case of the e-book edition. Worth having a look at it, and I would certainly welcome your feedback.

Investment Guide to Thailand? Selling T-shirts maybe?

Why Y? Don't be like that. Check it out. You might be pleasantly surprised. thumbsup.gif

Why dont you send him a free copy...his remarks are cynical so maybe you can change that...so send him the free copy.. and pretty sure if its any good he will get on TV telling everyone how informative the information is....thumbsup.gif

Investment in Thailand is the same as anywhere else in the world....regulations/laws different but its the same the world over...............If the author was so rich through his tried and tested investments he woulndt need to try and make money from publishing a book!

Investment in Thailand is the same as anywhere else in the world....regulations/laws different but its the same the world over...............If the author was so rich through his tried and tested investments he woulndt need to try and make money from publishing a book!

Motivated people can't stop working! I'm not in that category...

Have you ever heard of a guy called Warren Buffett?

Investment in Thailand is the same as anywhere else in the world....regulations/laws different but its the same the world over

coffee1.gif Profound. And to think I babbled on for 270 pages while you've managed to compress your knowledge into one sentence

If the author was so rich through his tried and tested investments he woulndt need to try and make money from publishing a book!

* Make the effort to at least read the entry page of my web site

* With but a few limited exceptions, no-one would write a book with the intention of making money from it

On a less cynical note, investment in some stocks might be worth it, but investment in an actual business? No. Weak legality and language problems. Nothing that compares for example with the Hong Kong Small Claims court. At least with (major) stocks the market is liquid.

Not being a real man, I purchased a paperback version years ago. Cheers! smile.png

Hi Misty. Haven't seen you round for a while. For the purposes of this exercise, real women such as yourself are more than welcome to join the party.

I think you have the original 2010 edition, and I have made a lot of changes and updates since then - doubly so in the case of the e-book edition. Worth having a look at it, and I would certainly welcome your feedback.

Thanks TIG - been around, just don't post much. I enjoyed the original edition, and am interested to see your updates. Can I buy it in paperback at Asia Books?

Thanks TIG - been around, just don't post much. I enjoyed the original edition, and am interested to see your updates. Can I buy it in paperback at Asia Books?

Well there was a updated hard-copy version released May 2011 but I would definitely recommend the e-book. It's much more up-to date and you can click through on hyperlinks. You can download the free Kindle for PC software and then just read it on your laptop.

Thanks to those TV members who have taken the opportunity to obtain a copy of the e-book version of Your Investment Guide to Thailand at a very special price this weekend.

I look forward to receiving your feedback about the Guide over coming days/weeks. I have made many amendments to the manuscript based on the comments I've received, sometimes (for example) adding discussion about new topics. As you can imagine, with so many potential topics and such a diverse readership, it's quite a challenging undertaking.

For any other folks who might be interested, just a quick reminder that the normal price will be re-applied at amazon.com later this evening.