1 Month Accomodation 10,000 Baht

(Uh, in Bangkok, I forgot to put in my headline :D )

I'm hoping to come to Thailand in late November for a month or 6 weeks to learn the language. Because I'm a student, I don't have unlimited funds... I was looking at spending up to around 10,000 baht for a month (more for 6 weeks, obviously).

I don't need anything fancy- just clean, with a bed I can sleep on, and preferably my own fridge and bathroom. It doesn't have to be right in the centre of Bangkok, but certainly within a shortish (1km or so) walk from an underground or skytrain station would be a big advantage.

Is 10,000 baht an unreasonable expectation? What should I expect to pay, if it is? What cheapish longish-term accommodation is around, and how much of it is "safe" (not likely to be propositioned at the entrance to my room, etc.)?

What are some good websites to get an idea of what's available in this style? I'll probably ask my father and stepmother to check the place out before I come over, but I don't know where to start...

If you need any more information I'll be checking back regularly.

Edited by nephron

(Uh, in Bangkok, I forgot to put in my headline  :D )

I'm hoping to come to Thailand in late November for a month or 6 weeks to learn the language.  Because I'm a student, I don't have unlimited funds... I was looking at spending up to around 10,000 baht for a month (more for 6 weeks, obviously).

I don't need anything fancy- just clean, with a bed I can sleep on, and preferably my own fridge and bathroom.  It doesn't have to be right in the centre of Bangkok, but certainly within a shortish (1km or so) walk from an underground or skytrain station would be a big advantage.

Is 10,000 baht an unreasonable expectation?  What should I expect to pay, if it is? What cheapish longish-term accommodation is around, and how much of it is "safe" (not likely to be propositioned at the entrance to my room, etc.)?

What are some good websites to get an idea of what's available in this style?  I'll probably ask my father and stepmother to check the place out before I come over, but I don't know where to start...

If you need any more information I'll be checking back regularly.

Hi nephron.

There's an abundance of apartments available for 10,000 THB/Mo and under. There are also new places springing up from time to time.

Late November is one heck of a long way off. Why don't you repost a bit nearer the time? By then you'll probably have a better idea of where you want to be located too.

Aitch

Edited by Drew Aitch

There's an abundance of apartments available for 10,000 THB/Mo and under.  There are also new places springing up from time to time.

Late November is one heck of a long way off.  Why don't you repost a bit nearer the time?  By then you'll probably have a better idea of where you want to be located too.

Aitch

There are certainly heaps of places available for 10,000THB a month and less, but I'm wondering if any/many of them are happy to have someone who will only stay a month or 6 weeks (most seem to want 6 months).

I need to have an idea now of how much it's likely to cost me because, as I said, I'm a student- I don't have a lot of spare income.

Where I want to be located is simply somewhere I can easily get to the Thai language school of my choice- likely to be in reasonably central Bangkok.

I'll certainly repost closer to the time with more details- but for now I want to know- is what I'm asking reasonable?

And then Nephron will have to clear up the "Thai language school of choice". Where is it? Which one is it??

For example, in the Sathorn area near a very good language school, above average accomodations can be had for around 6000 B per month-- and there are some short term serviced apartment arrangements available.

Best thing.... as mentioned above, repost with some specifics fo what you want closer to the date of your anticipated presence in Bangkok.