Dtac Offers Reservation Of Samsung Galaxy S III On May 24

webfact

Dtac offers reservation of Samsung Galaxy S III on May 24

30182638-01_big.jpg

Full Internet package and a trip to Korea among pleasurable offerings

BANGKOK: -- Welcoming Samsung Galaxy S III to its distribution, dtac fully equipped with best product portfolio, best package and best experience on dtac 3G and dtac wi-fi. Together with purchase of the new Android, dtac customers will be offered Galaxy SIII Super Deal package for unlimited Internet usage, suitable for hi-end smart phone users, starting at only Bt499 Bt per month with 550 minutes free call for 18 bill cycles, free dtac wi-fi usage for 6 months, and 0% x 10 months installment plan. Online reservation will open at 3pm on 24 May via www.dtac.co.th. 5 days & 4 nights Korea trip prizes will be drawn from list of those who make pre-order within 3 June. Moreover, a Micro SD Card will be given to the first 2,000 online pre-ordered customers. Samsung Galaxy S III's official arrival at dtac services center in Bangkok is 3 June 2012 and nationwide arrival will be on 7 June 2012.

Samsung Galaxy S III is the newest High-End smartphone with the great design and ease of use with the concept of "Designed for Humans, Inspired by Nature". It is powerful with greatest architecture of Quad Core CPU Exynos 1.4 GHz which set the new standard of industry, intelligence with brand new features for excellent sharing with the newest wireless technology for easier and faster touch.

Prapaprot Puprasert, Senior Vice President, Head of Device Management and Business Operation, Total Access Communication PLC. (dtac), reveals, "dtac is excited in marketing the most awaited Samsung Galaxy S III. The latest Android phone will strengthen our position in smartphone market in the rising time of Android as it is one of the best devices we have in store. We've observed over 500% growth in Android from 2010. For dtac, Android shares 20% in our network and is expected to be 40% in the next 1-2 years. This time we offer our customers a complete Internet package for full experience on both dtac 3G and dtac wi-fi. We also offer 0% x 10 Months installment program to be in line with our main marketing concept "dtac 3G smartphone everyone can buy". Moreover, our customers who make pre-order via dtac website will be eligible for a chance to win free trip to Korea specially organized for this occasion only. Together with this launch we decided to expand pick-up locations in many provinces to serve our customers in every region."

"dtac's determination in giving customers the best of mobile experience on dtac network reflects our strength and success. We continuously develop products and services to meet with customers' needs especially in smart phone business. And we believe that Samsung Galaxy S III will run to its full experience on dtac network." Prapaprot concluded.

dtac Samsung Galaxy S III, priced at 21,900 Baht, offers privileges to pre-ordered customers on www.dtac.co.th (24 May 2012 at 3pm onwards) and walk-in customers a 0% x 10 months installment plan and special monthly fee for Galaxy S III Super Deal package at Bt499 per month in the 1st - 6th bill cycles and 649 Baht a month from 7th - 18 th bill cycles. Customers can enjoy unlimited Internet usage on dtac 3G plus free dtac wi-fi usage for 6 months. Extra 10 prizes of 2 seats free trip to Korea will be given to lucky subscribers who make pre-order via dtac website from 24 May - 3 June 2012. First 2,000 pre-ordered customers will also receive 16 GB Micro SD Card complimentary from dtac and Samsung.

Walk-in customers are welcome to a real experience at dtac services centers in Bangkok on 3 June with nationwide launch to dtac services center and dtac center on 7 June onwards. For more information, please visit www.dtac.co.th

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-05-23

Looks good, but just one question, has Samaung done anything to extend battery life? I have a Samaung Galaxy S1, the battery has to be recharged every day when the internet is used, be great if they have given this phone a battery with more umph or made the phone more power efficient.

Having four cores should help with power management, and I believe that the battery used on this new version has a much larger capacity than the 1500 mAH pack used in the S1. This device just looks so generic in pictures, especially so with the white body.

Hopefully, True will offer a better deal with this phone. I use DTAC right now and the 3G connection is generally slower and less reliable than their EDGE service.

I went across to True for a short while, I had nothing but problems with billing the whole time, DTAC may not be as fast as true, but their service is better and they have wider network coverage, and I haven't had any billing problems.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect App

Is the price 21,900 Baht for the 16GB or 32GB model?

I think there is a single model which has 16 GB of internal, fixed, very high speed memory, and a uSD slot which can accommodate up to a 32 GB USD card.

In some cases there will be promotions which include a uSD card:

First 2,000 pre-ordered customers will also receive 16 GB Micro SD Card complimentary from dtac and Samsung.

So in essence a total of 32 GB, for the first 2,000 customers.

Edited by lomatopo

I think there is a single model which has 16 GB of internal, fixed, very high speed memory, and a uSD slot which can accommodate up to a 32 GB USD card.

First 2,000 pre-ordered customers will also receive 16 GB Micro SD Card complimentary from dtac and Samsung.

how long do you think it will take the box shops to start selling it cheaper than the networks ? :)

how long do you think it will take the box shops to start selling it cheaper than the networks ? smile.png

Not sure, depends on supply/demand. Maybe 60 - 90 days to get closer to 20,000?

Im trying to remember ,i think the (thai ) galaxy s2 was a few months to hit 17,500 in the box shops

Im wondering about people bring them to MBK from other grey market avenues

if the galaxy nexus is 6000 thb cheaper than 19,900

will they get the SGS 3 in the next couple of months with a similar whack knocked off ? but just no warranty ? :)

will they get the SGS 3 in the next couple of months with a similar whack knocked off ? but just no warranty ? smile.png

Doubtful. Really no SGS2 grey-market here? No reason to expect one would appear for the SGS3? Given the manufacturing issues with the Blue version demand may stay higher, longer?

Yes I know that you can expand the memory

But I want the 32GB model, not the 16GB. This way, if I buy a 32GB memory card, I'll have 64GB of memory.

I'm travelling to Thailand in July and I plan to pick it up then so I need to know how much the 32gb model will cost.

But I want the 32GB model, not the 16GB. This way, if I buy a 32GB memory card, I'll have 64GB of memory.

I'm travelling to Thailand in July and I plan to pick it up then so I need to know how much the 32gb model will cost.

I am not sure the 32 GB or 64 GB internal memory versions will be available here, the local subsidiary may choose not to localize those versions? Maybe wait until closer to your arrival date and check back?

I am not sure the 32 GB or 64 GB internal memory versions will be available here, the local subsidiary may choose not to localize those versions? Maybe wait until closer to your arrival date and check back?

I've seen on some sites that the version that'll cost 21,900 is the 32GB version but I dunno.. seems fishy