Music Cd'S - Where To Buy Originals

Hssl

People still pay for music ?wub.png

Sometimes.

Call me old-fashioned (you would soon scrap that idea if we ever met) but I still like to have an original CD.

Not the same as vinyl, don't put me in that category, but I just like to have those worth it. smile.png

People still pay for music ?wub.png

Sometimes.

Call me old-fashioned (you would soon scrap that idea if we ever met) but I still like to have an original CD.

Not the same as vinyl, don't put me in that category, but I just like to have those worth it. smile.png

Give me .mp3 any day, this old cat can't tell the difference any more!

If you have a good stereo, you can easily tell the difference between an MP3 and a CD. Especially if the MP3 is below 320kbps. I have some CD rips that are 192kbps or lower and they sound pretty bad on my Hi Fi. But find on the iPod.

If you have a good stereo, you can easily tell the difference between an MP3 and a CD. Especially if the MP3 is below 320kbps. I have some CD rips that are 192kbps or lower and they sound pretty bad on my Hi Fi. But find on the iPod.

Not all mp3's are created equal of course. The LAME VBR variety, if you so desire via settings, can be virtually indistinguishable on almost any home stereo vs a CD by even the most hardcore audiophiles. In other words, if you have a lot of music, it is almost essential to store in the mp3 format, with NO drawbacks. You can read about this stuff for days, these guys are true freaks :)http://lame.sourceforge.net/index.php

Edited by meand