Photograpy Courses

mica

Hi I am looking for an institution or school to have some photo lessons!

I love photo, but i would like to improve my photo style and to know more about the new media programs!

Do you have any idea of where can I found that?

thanks a lot!

:o

Though not sure if I can spare some times at night or weekend, I'm also looking for photography courses (offline) for beginner-to-intermediate skills.

I still can't figure out how online photography course can do well?

I guess we still need two-way interactive communication (know your camera, measuring lights & exposure, practice in the field, opinion on results, etc). If it's only one way, reading a book might do as well.

How about those photography clubs in BKK?

Just a thought because in Singapore we can find a photography clubs or studio workshops easily.

If that is really a niche, I may consider start one here.

I'm not sure if Thai people in general like photography a lot (enthusiasts to professionals). Not many professional photo stores here. Or maybe because I don't understand/read Thai at all so I don't know if there are many photo clubs/websites here. :o

An online course is obviously not as useful as face to face sessions and field trips, but they are not one way. The course I did required me to submit three photos a week on a particular subject (for which there was a lesson provided with example photos). The photos I submitted were critiqued by the tutor (and were also available to other course members to comment). You could also submit additional photos for general discussion; so the whole thing was quite interactive.

Just a thought because in Singapore we can find a photography clubs or studio workshops easily.

I'm not sure if Thai people in general like photography a lot (enthusiasts to professionals). Not many professional photo stores here. Or maybe because I don't understand/read Thai at all so I don't know if there are many photo clubs/websites here. :o

Did you go to the PhotoFair last month? A good exposure to the photography market here in BKK.

You are right because most of the clubs and photography related links are placed in the Thai search engines.

I initially thought I was talking to locals and forgotten this is an English forum.

If you do find a class in Thailand it will almost certainly be in Thai.

How good are your language skills?

Not more than directing a taxi driver and numbers :D

Did you go to the PhotoFair last month? A good exposure to the photography market here in BKK.

You are right because most of the clubs and photography related links are placed in the Thai search engines.

I initially thought I was talking to locals and forgotten this is an English forum.

I was about to go there on that weekend, but then at that time there was sudden unexpected incident that I had to go back to my country :o

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Jon, if you're going to start something up - count me in! I'd love to learn more as well as get insight into things like which labs are good, where to go for gear, and tips on the street.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Jon, if you're going to start something up - count me in! I'd love to learn more as well as get insight into things like which labs are good, where to go for gear, and tips on the street.

Thanks for your interest New Farang, I'm still working on it with my Thai partner and it'll all depend on the responds we'll get at the end of the day. Cheers