Omni Murder

terryp

Just had a paper pushed under my door suggesting that it was a Katoy that killed the Dutch resident?

Paper requesting all Omni Residents to sign paper stating security is too lax.

For me living here it looks fine on the surface, i.d cards are required to get thro security into the main glass partitioned elevator section , problem is when security get to know a non-resident they just let them in with no check or i.d log

And???

In my Moo Baan it is the same, initially they checked you had a sticker on your car, if not you left your ID with them. Now it seems everyone can get in.

Seems to be the way things go here. :o

And???

In my Moo Baan it is the same, initially they checked you had a sticker on your car, if not you left your ID with them. Now it seems everyone can get in.

And???, who cares about where you live....there has just been a murder in this Condo...and No one knows who or WHAT did it?

Edited by terryp

Security in Condos and even Villages is a pet peeve of mine here, but after so long in the Country I too just let it go with a wry smile.

In my Village on the Eastern outskirts of Bangkok, like many others in Thailand, any vehicle trying to enter without an “official” Moo Baan sticker on the windshield is required to exchange I.D. for a “Security Pass”, on exit the reverse exchange is made.

That’s the sum total of the Security Guards’ function.

No record is kept of what vehicles entered the Village or when, and of course no one ever checks the Car Boot when the vehicle leaves – there could be a couple of bodies in there and no-one would know.

Basically a total waste of time; but when you know the Salaries the Guards receive you come to accept Clousseau rather than Dixon of Dock Green. (showing my age there for sure!)

Patrick

Edited by p_brownstone

And???

And???, who cares about where you live....there has just been a murder in this Condo...and No one knows who or WHAT did it?

So are you posting with regards to the murder of a dutch person or your condo security?

Sadly, if anyone remembers the stabbings at Convent school near Silom, it was the same sort of thing. The crazy lady had been hanging around, so the guards sort of knew her and let her in the school. She then went about stabbing students.

Security guards are a real problem.