Pattaya Police Issue Euro 2012 Warnings To Bars & Restaurants

Rimmer

Pattaya Police issue Euro 2012 warnings to Bars & Restaurants

PATTAYA:--Euro 2012 is fast approaching and soccer fans from around Thailand and here in Pattaya can watch the games but you must either purchase a new set-top box or an old-fashioned TV Antenna.

GMM-Grammy have won the rights to broadcast all Euro 2012 games and for bars and other businesses who wish to broadcast the games a meeting was organized for them at Pattaya Police Station on Thursday afternoon to discuss how they can legally broadcast the games. For domestic viewers, a simple TV Antenna will suffice as games can be seen only on the Analogue versions of Channel 3, 5 and 9. For Cable and True Visions Satellite customers, the games will not be broadcast.

Another option is to purchase a GMM Z Box for 1,590 Baht, which can be used with a standard satellite dish as it uses KU-Band and C Band Signals, similar to True Visions.

Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/55894/pattaya-police-issue-euro-2012-warnings-bars-restaurants/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2012-05-25

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

<deleted> is that all about lol

so sophon cable already show the thai terrestrial channels but will have to turn them off when the football is being screened and we all need to go buy an aerial - what sort of nonsense is this

how do they think it up

Soccer? It is Football !!!

And no problem for me. I'll sit at home and watch it.

A great shame that it comes down to this here but it has been like this for a long time back in the U.K. with people buying the rights to broadcast and then making the people pay through the nose.

Now the bar owners will have to pay for something that is free on the terrestrial channels? Yeah, screw every last Baht from everyone. I bet most of the Thai bars away from the touristy areas won't be paying.

Welcome to Thailand.

with all thats happening in pattaya the police hold a meeting about broadcastiing rights to games of football. Another lets look good for the media, meanwhile in the bars to next to soi 9 all manner of copy goods and sexual enhancers sold illegally but children, and of course not to mention the prostitution taking place. ironically the beach road freeleancers are allowed free use of soi 9 toilets. But oh you watch a game of football on TV illegally for 90 minutes and we will have you.

Still good thing is being from England the tournament is of no interest, just as playing in the tournament for the players is of little interest, English that is.

not to mention half the cities youth are on drugs - carrying guns and shooting the place up every night, thugs on the beach every day extorting money from innocent tourists, it's a fcking disgrace

Too me this TV footy thing is directed at falangs - thais can watch for free but falangs must pay, is this the only place this restricted viewing is being enforced ?

it really is one of the most rediculous things I've ever heard

Freely available on line so what's the point?

That's the whole point Lenny.

If 45 customers of a bar watch the game individually on their iPhone there is no problem.

If the bar next door has a big screen and let their 45 customers watch, big trouble in little Thailand.

not to mention half the cities youth are on drugs - carrying guns and shooting the place up every night, thugs on the beach every day extorting money from innocent tourists, it's a fcking disgrace

Too me this TV footy thing is directed at falangs - thais can watch for free but falangs must pay, is this the only place this restricted viewing is being enforced ?

it really is one of the most rediculous things I've ever heard

No no, farangs can watch for "free" too......at home or on their iPhone, just as Thais can do.

This has nothing to do with any farang-phobia.

with all thats happening in pattaya the police hold a meeting about broadcastiing rights to games of football. Another lets look good for the media, meanwhile in the bars to next to soi 9 all manner of copy goods and sexual enhancers sold illegally but children, and of course not to mention the prostitution taking place. ironically the beach road freeleancers are allowed free use of soi 9 toilets. But oh you watch a game of football on TV illegally for 90 minutes and we will have you.

Still good thing is being from England the tournament is of no interest, just as playing in the tournament for the players is of little interest, English that is.

Where are the toilets of Soi 9?

Excuse me for being a bit dim but can someone please explain to me how you plan to watch live 'on line'.

To my knowledge, nobody has succeeded in getting a reliable live TV stream in Pattaya.The internet speeds are simply not good enough.Even in Bangkok there are only certain areas that the internet speeds are sufficient to support live streaming.

And if you are thinking 3g will be sufficient, then think again - no way.

I have tried many times to watch live streams here and have always given up as even if the stream works for a while, it always starts to freeze and the quality drops and its just not worth the hassle. And my internet is supposedly 3 Mb.

I stand to be corrected....

Anyone???

Excuse me for being a bit dim but can someone please explain to me how you plan to watch live 'on line'.

To my knowledge, nobody has succeeded in getting a reliable live TV stream in Pattaya.The internet speeds are simply not good enough.Even in Bangkok there are only certain areas that the internet speeds are sufficient to support live streaming.

I have tried many times to watch live streams here and have always given up as even if the stream works for a while, it always starts to freeze and the quality drops and its just not worth the hassle. And my internet is supposedly 3 Mb.

Anyone???

I regularly watch football and formula 1 live on line with no problems, 10Mb line which gives me a reliable 6Mb or thereabouts, i thought this was pretty much the norm for live sports here?

Anyone???

I regularly watch football and formula 1 live on line with no problems, 10Mb line which gives me a reliable 6Mb or thereabouts, i thought this was pretty much the norm for live sports here?

Can you please advise what carrier provides your 10 MB line? Unless things have changed rapidly in the past year or so, I don't think that many Pattaya residents have access to these kind of speeds. There's certainly nothing approaching that kind of speed east of Sukhumvit as far as I am aware.

Thanks

TOT in Huay Yai area. Supposed to be 10Mb but never reaches that, usually quite steady around the 6Mb. perfectly good for watching the sports with this.....http://www.vipbox.tv...otorsports.html

This was just now tested against Singapore server.....

Download Speed: 6109 kbps (763.6 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 472 kbps (59 KB/sec transfer rate)

Latency: 127 ms

Sun May 27 2012 09:12:50 GMT+0700 (SE Asia Standard Time)

Edited by LennyW

TOT in Huay Yai area. Supposed to be 10Mb but never reaches that, usually quite steady around the 6Mb. perfectly good for watching the sports with this.....http://www.vipbox.tv...otorsports.html

I agree that 6Mb would be sufficient.

I think you are very fortunate to have access to that kind of speed. You only have to read the never ending complaints on Thai visa about internet speeds to know that a vast majority of people would be more than happy with half that speed. Mine is supposed to be 3 Mb, but is never that, and often less than 1 Mb. It's fine for most things, but video/TV streaming - no way.

When I lived down-town for a year, TOT told me that my condo would not take speeds greater than 1 Mb - and that was right in the heart of Pattaya, in a very up market condo block.

Maybe things are improving....

Amazing!!I've just done a test against Singapore server to compare against yours and got d/l speed of 4.61 and U/l of .440. If only it would stay like that all the time - but it never does.

Edited by Mobi

Anyone???

Hi Mobi,

We watch live TV in Bangkok all the time. I can get major German and UK channels, but pay for it monthly.

Streaming speed is up to 1.5 Mb's, and the programme keeps up to 15minute buffer.

Technically it is not live, but a bit delayed, 2-3 minutes.

Over my Wifi, we can even watch two or three feeds at the same time.

Our connection is with True. We pay something like 599 for 7Mbps.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Thaivisa Connect App

The other thing that puzzles this ageing brain is this business of True and cable companies not allowed to broadcast the matches via Channels 3, 5 and 9.

Does this mean that they will be required to turn off the digital signal for Thai TV channels during the matches and show a blank screen?

These days a huge number of Thais watch Thai TV through a digital box. Surely they are not going to shut off the signal to half the country or more?

It all sounds a bit weird and unlikely - but who knows? Anything's possible, I suppose.

Anyone???

Hi Mobi,

We watch live TV in Bangkok all the time. I can get major German and UK channels, but pay for it monthly.

Streaming speed is up to 1.5 Mb's, and the programme keeps up to 15minute buffer.

Yes, I'm not getting that kind of speed on a reliable basis. Sure its fast this morning, but sometimes it drops below 1 MB. I think BKK is generally more reliable than down here, which is why I queried it in the first place, but LennyW seems to have very good speed.

Apart from sport I'm not really bothered, as I can download TV programmes and watch them at my own convenience.

Anyone???

Hi Mobi,

Yes, I'm not getting that kind of speed on a reliable basis. Sure its fast this morning, but sometimes it drops below 1 MB. I think BKK is generally more reliable than down here, which is why I queried it in the first place, but LennyW seems to have very good speed.

Apart from sport I'm not really bothered, as I can download TV programmes and watch them at my own convenience.

Understand. With the time difference I do the same, even for sports.

Local 7-11 started selling GMMZ Sattelite TV boxes. They say on the box, watch EURO 2012.

As far as I can tell you need a subscription, perhaps true. Any insight from anyone?

Understand. With the time difference I do the same, even for sports.

Local 7-11 started selling GMMZ Sattelite TV boxes. They say on the box, watch EURO 2012.

As far as I can tell you need a subscription, perhaps true. Any insight from anyone?

The Grammy TV boxes do not have any subscription fee.

Basically only the Thai channels transmitted by Truevisions (which are encrypted on a Ku band transponder of Thaicom 5) will be turned of during the euro games.

All the Thai channels which can be received free, meaning terrestrial signals, and the Free To Air sattelite signals will be having the games.

Free to air sattelite options are:

C-band Thaicom 5 satellite, receivable with any FTA sattelite receiver and C-band dish (the bigger mesh type ones).

Dtv on Ku band (the yellow Dtv dishes with assorted receiver)

Gmmz (Ku band)

IPM (ku and c-band)

PSI (ku and c-band)

and maybe some more.

Any of the Ku band oprions can be installed for under 3000 Baht, dish and receiver included.

Some of them also have channels on C-band, which would need the bigger dish/dual band LNB and hence will be a tad more expensive. Not sure exactly which of the channels are on c-band...

Ask your local sattelite installer, and he will be able to tell you, but don't be surprised of some price profiteering due to the Euro games!

Anyone???

Can you please advise what carrier provides your 10 MB line? Unless things have changed rapidly in the past year or so, I don't think that many Pattaya residents have access to these kind of speeds. There's certainly nothing approaching that kind of speed east of Sukhumvit as far as I am aware.

Thanks

I have 10Mb line from True ADSL for like 900thb a month

Anyone???

I have no problem streaming TV and video (from USA servers) on my Banglamung TV cable internet connection. I have the 10 mbps service smile.png

As for soccer...I'm American so couldn't give a hoot! (Did see a BBC news piece on some Ukrainian host fans giving the Nazi salute to their team and making a sport of beating up non-white fellow spectators in the stands...and they call this the "beautiful" game?!

Edited by FarangBuddha

It all depends on the source, USTV works as it is low quality and doesn't require the use of a proxy or VPN tunnel, there are prob a few others

Once you involve proxies and VPN you are relying on a middle man and this often presents problems

There are also several online services that provide stuff like Formula 1 and PS football and are prone to freezes and poor quality

Edited by smedly

Anyone???

I have no problem streaming TV and video (from USA servers) on my Banglamung TV cable internet connection. I have the 10 mbps service smile.png

As for soccer...I'm American so couldn't give a hoot! (Did see a BBC news piece on some Ukrainian host fans giving the Nazi salute to their team and making a sport of beating up non-white fellow spectators in the stands...and they call this the "beautiful" game?!

I must be getting old, as I have just checked my contract with BTV and found that I too am paying for a 10 mbps service.

Unfortunately, the best I usually get is between 1.5 and 2.5 and it is frequently under 1 mbps.

I might go and have a word with them…

I have noticed that it tends to speed up late at night so if you are streaming your stuff in the late evening that might explain why you have been able to get stable streams.

I have tried many times over the past couple of years to stream TV and every time I think I have found a good, stable stream, it suddenly freezes when the internet connection slows down, so I assume everyone would have the same problems. It can be so frustrating that I don’t bother any more.

As for football, I agree with you. I was just enquiring out of curiosity as some people said they will watch it on a TV stream. I wouldn’t watch it even if it was shown live on BTV. Most of the games are late at night, and I agree with you about the racism and mindless violence. And I am a Brit!

Anyone???

i watch football every week online here in pattaya ..perfect everytime

i thought channel 3 and 7 (thai) will be showing EURO2012 games live? also astro supersports 1 and 2 are supposed to be showing every game also.

im confused/worried now.

Now you've really got me confused.,.

In your previous post you stated: "i watch football every week online here in pattaya ..perfect everytime ...

So why are you worried if you can watch it online???

Anyone???

So football is to blame for Ukranian thugs who are racist ?

Is Golf to blame for American fans behaving like thugs at the Ryder Cup ?