Shia Tsu

djinn

• 5 weeks later...

If you mean Shiatsu, the Japanese pressure point, body therapy, you might try the Blind Institute Massage Facility located in the northern-most end of the extended, mostly untenanted shoping facility adjacent to the large condotel on the right as you go down the hill toward Jomtien Beach.

Having been born and raised in Japan, I am addicted to deep tissue body work as in the Shiatsu tradition. I prefer elbows and knees to fingers, inorder to get a deep enough massage.

I received one of the best world class massages at that facility from a blind Thai man at the most reasonable of charges. No other massage that I have received in Thailand to date, two years, approached the satisfaction I received from his deep tissue/shiatsu style massage.

The condotel to which I refer is located on the Pattaya side of the road to the beach and is a twin tower arrangement, clearly the tallest two buildings near the beach at Jomtien. If you start at that condotel and walk up-hill for perhaps five minutes, walking in the shopping mall, you shouldn't miss the signs regarding Thai for the Blind Institute. There may be signs visible from the street as well.

Be sure and specify a "strong" deep tissue massage, you can always tell him to go easier if they are too strong for you. All the masseurs have their picture in a menu like book and my guy was near the back, I can't describe him better than that. I asked for the airconditioned room.

Good luck.