Mercedes Driver Causes Mayhem On Rama 9 Bridge

Babcock

They only thing I take out of this is don't drive 140kph. You can assign all the blame you want, it probably won't make things better. Insurance covers what it will cover, after that, good luck. Driving is dangerous and suspectible to human error, rich or poor.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

..driver fleeing the scene of a crime.....it should prompt a serious fine and criminal charges......

(epidemic, since there are no consequences to that action....maim, kill, 'just apologize' and 'it's all better'......???)

....the 'saving face'..........in psychology we would call it : denial' or 'delusion'......maybe even 'psychosis'....

(.....what to do about that...???.....also epidemic........

......the worst monsters in society.....they just have to 'wai' or say 'ka/krab' to their parents ( or when 'it matters')....

)and they are considered 'so polite' or well-mannered...

...dreadful.....

Vehicle that hits another from behind is always in the wrong therefore your nephews friend is in the wrong and should cover damages to the Mercedes (was the Merc driver charged with drink drinking), lets hope he/she is adequately insured. the injured passengers should also be covered by insurance.

You're not in the wrong If the car in front suddenly brakes or swerves and you hit it from behind.

They were doing about 140 kph so judging from the photos I'd suggest there was a big speed difference.

no the merc driver was not breathalysed. No-one was.

It should be for a court to decide blame.

They may now know who the mini driver was but they are afraid he'll disappear (or advised to) if too much is revealed.

''You're not in the wrong If the car in front suddenly brakes or swerves and you hit it from behind''

Yes you are!

have hardly noticed that luxury car owners are aggressive. usually they are driven by old people, same as in the West. old people are the ones with all the $, smile.png

Their chauffeurs a young hoons.

I have no idea who is right or wrong but I "HATE" people that drive Mercs. They always think they rule the road and are nearly always ignorant stuck up people. My opinion!

You are obviously a very mature person whose opinions are greatly valued by all those who are lucky enough to enter into your presence.

• Like 1

What is the speed limit on Rama 9 bridge?

Where the injured rear seat passengers wearing seat belts?

Not sure about in Thai law but certainly in UK law the rear ended car driver can be charged with driving without due consideration for other road users. e.g. Those following. For instance if they stopped suddenly and unexpectedly at the give way line at a roundabout devoid of any traffic and that has excellent visibility on approach. Or perhaps doing an emergency stop for a baby rabbit crossing the road, knowing they were being followed.

One poster said the good samaritans should have parked immediately behind the accident. Not so unless you happen to be driving a police patrol vehicle which can be lit up like Blackpool immuminations or want your car smashed into as well.

Edited by Lancashirelad

Morning TV news on Ch 3 reports the actual mayhem was caused by a Red Mini Cooper that crashed into some people trying to help the original accident victims. Driver of Mini seems to be an unlicensed 18yo - surprise, surprise! :(

Vehicle that hits another from behind is always in the wrong therefore your nephews friend is in the wrong and should cover damages to the Mercedes (was the Merc driver charged with drink drinking), lets hope he/she is adequately insured. the injured passengers should also be covered by insurance.

You're not in the wrong If the car in front suddenly brakes or swerves and you hit it from behind.

They were doing about 140 kph so judging from the photos I'd suggest there was a big speed difference.

no the merc driver was not breathalysed. No-one was.

It should be for a court to decide blame.

They may now know who the mini driver was but they are afraid he'll disappear (or advised to) if too much is revealed.

''You're not in the wrong If the car in front suddenly brakes or swerves and you hit it from behind''

Yes you are!

I would suggest next time he (the nephew) not be so reckless behind the wheel and should stick to the speed limit, every K over is a killer.

What car was your relative driving at 140kmh as a matter of interest?

Had they had a few sherbets as well or was he completely sober at 5am?

Well they had been to a wedding party and were traveling back after Chelsea's match.

I don't know whether the Mitsubishi

Driver had been drinking. I know they were not breathalysed

What car was your relative driving at 140kmh as a matter of interest?

Had they had a few sherbets as well or was he completely sober at 5am?

Well they had been to a wedding party and were traveling back after Chelsea's match.

I don't know whether the Mitsubishi

Driver had been drinking. I know they were not breathalysed

Babcock - you may not be the best reporter in the world wink.png but turns out you had it dead on in terms of this being a news worthy event and something to share here. Not sure if you noticed TV started a thread. I hadn't noticed if you posted there yet but if not, you should share some of your inside info ... http://www.thaivisa....ent-in-bangkok/

Edited by Nisa