Mercedes Driver Causes Mayhem On Rama 9 Bridge

Babcock

I've just found out that the Benz driver reported to the police not on Sunday morning but on Monday morning 28 hours after the accident.

He argued with the police which was witnessed.

I suggest that you ask the mods to remove your thread because it is clearly that you are making a fool of yourself the more you post on this topic.

And if you'd bothered to read all the way through my post you'd see that 4 people were run over by another car which didn't stop.

So 2 drivers fled the scene. A tragic affair. That's why it's on Channel 3.

And who was the primary cause of all this?

By the way the reason of my post was that you seem to not know the real story and are just posting and changing the facts at a fast pace.

I was told 140km and I wrote I thought that was about 100 mph.

Anyways your point that he maybe only had a few drinks and maybe wasn't the cause of the accident does not excuse him to flee the scene.

Maybe it does in Thailand if you're a hiso.

He left in a petulant frenzy. Swearing at the injured people in the car he wanted a new mercedes from them.

I'm told in UK there are people who deliberately cause accidents to claim for a new car.

I stated 100 mph I thought that was 140 km. 140 km was the speed quoted.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've just found out that the Benz driver reported to the police not on Sunday morning but on Monday morning 28 hours after the accident.

I suggest that you ask the mods to remove your thread because it is clearly that you are making a fool of yourself the more you post on this topic.

And if you'd bothered to read all the way through my post you'd see that 4 people were run over by another car which didn't stop.

And who was the primary cause of all this?

I am confused because it says the people helping pulled over and parked to the left of the accident and it says the accident happened in the express lane (furthest right lane) which means they must have been blocking 2 lanes of traffic and leaving 1 open. Even at 5 in the morning there is traffic and I would assume this had to have caused a traffic jam of some sort. So, how does the Mini Cooper run over 4 people who I assume were all standing in the roadway and not in their car? I am just don't get it because I am picturing bumper to bumper traffic squeezing through the 1 open lane as drivers gawk at the accident. Even if there was no traffic, how do 4 people not see this car barreling down on them ... where they all standing in the one open lane with their backs turned to on coming traffic and nobody there directing or watching traffic?

Is it on Channel 3 news now or was it on last week when this happened? I am confused why this is being posted now.

It's been on recently.

The TV anchor with glasses was talking about it.

I'm afraid I don't watch too much thai TV. Need to learn the language still.

As this tragedy has unfolded with hospital vigils etc I thought I should post as I have a connection with it and there has been much talk about accidents on the expressways at night recently.

Nisa said:

"I am confused because it says the people helping pulled over and parked to the left of the accident and it says the accident happened in the express lane (furthest right lane) which means they must have been blocking 2 lanes of traffic and leaving 1 open. Even at 5 in the morning there is traffic and I would assume this had to have caused a traffic jam of some sort. So, how does the Mini Cooper run over 4 people who I assume were all standing in the roadway and not in their car? I am just don't get it because I am picturing bumper to bumper traffic squeezing through the 1 open lane as drivers gawk at the accident. Even if there was no traffic, how do 4 people not see this car barreling down on them ... where they all standing in the one open lane with their backs turned to on coming traffic and nobody there directing or watching traffic?"

It was 5 in the morning on Sunday.

We don't know where they parked. The best thing would have been to park behind the crashed cars.

Sorayud the TV anchor on channel 3 reported about it yesterday evening I believe.

Is it on Channel 3 news now or was it on last week when this happened? I am confused why this is being posted now.

It's been on recently.

The TV anchor with glasses was talking about it.

I'm afraid I don't watch too much thai TV. Need to learn the language still.

As this tragedy has unfolded with hospital vigils etc I thought I should post as I have a connection with it and there has been much talk about accidents on the expressways at night recently.

You don't need to understand Thai to remember when you saw it on channel 3, that is if you saw it at all of course.

Nisa said:

"I am confused because it says the people helping pulled over and parked to the left of the accident and it says the accident happened in the express lane (furthest right lane) which means they must have been blocking 2 lanes of traffic and leaving 1 open. Even at 5 in the morning there is traffic and I would assume this had to have caused a traffic jam of some sort. So, how does the Mini Cooper run over 4 people who I assume were all standing in the roadway and not in their car? I am just don't get it because I am picturing bumper to bumper traffic squeezing through the 1 open lane as drivers gawk at the accident. Even if there was no traffic, how do 4 people not see this car barreling down on them ... where they all standing in the one open lane with their backs turned to on coming traffic and nobody there directing or watching traffic?"

It was 5 in the morning on Sunday.

We don't know where they parked. The best thing would have been to park behind the crashed cars.

Sorayud the TV anchor on channel 3 reported about it yesterday evening I believe.

In the OP you explained where they parked.

Is there a link to anything online to this accident that is "the talk of the town" ?

Vehicle that hits another from behind is always in the wrong therefore your nephews friend is in the wrong and should cover damages to the Mercedes (was the Merc driver charged with drink drinking), lets hope he/she is adequately insured. the injured passengers should also be covered by insurance.

You're not in the wrong If the car in front suddenly brakes or swerves and you hit it from behind.

They were doing about 140 kph so judging from the photos I'd suggest there was a big speed difference.

no the merc driver was not breathalysed. No-one was.

It should be for a court to decide blame.

They may now know who the mini driver was but they are afraid he'll disappear (or advised to) if too much is revealed.

You are wrong, this i'm sure :-)

From personal experience, if you flee the scene of an accident, the law automatically presumes you are the guilty party.

My situation; a ten wheel truck swiped me as I was changing lanes, so I was more in the wrong than the other party. The truck fled the scene, I chased him down and made him pull over, and called the police and my insurance guy. The truck driver called his company and their insurance guy.

Both the police and the insurance guys said that irrespective of who called the accident, the blame now rests on the driver who fled the scene.

Perhaps he ran as everybody is thinking.....not hit and run as usual...but he cut in front, on purpose or not...and caused the accident...and was drunk.....he knew it and ran like a girl.

Perhaps he ran as everybody is thinking.....not hit and run as usual...but he cut in front, on purpose or not...and caused the accident...and was drunk.....he knew it and ran like a girl.

Any proof he was drunk or just 3rd hand heresay by the OP ?

Why did he run then ?? ......guilty is as guilty does.

Lets see,mercedes driver has had a few alcoholic drinks,someone speed devil who is driving way over the speed limit comes from behind and crashes into his car.

If you drink, don't drive, a basic rule many can't come to grips with whistling.gif

Maybe he had to go do a shit, who knows why he ran but act off is not an admission of being drunk.

Maybe he had to go do a shit, who knows why he ran but act off is not an admission of being drunk.

Strange how you try to protect a runner from an accident that was said to be drunk.

Perhaps you would be the sort to do same same seeing as you seem to support the action.

Strange how you try to protect a runner from an accident that was said to be drunk.

Perhaps you would be the sort to do same same seeing as you seem to support the action.

Even stranger how you are the judge, jury and hangman condemning this person with only 3rd hand hersay to base you conclusion on.

An no, If I was the merc driver I would not have ran in this instance as Iam not in the wrong but we all do questionable things when in a distressed state of mind.

Yes....Somchai the truck driver or Somchai the merc driver...same same....just more comfy driver seat.

You do not run from the scene of an accident if not guilty....simple....and considering reports.....eyewitness....of him being drunk....then you dun have to be a rocket scientist....oh and you would have been in the wrong if it had been you...cos you were drunk.

Guess what....my brother was killed by a drunk driver.....guess what the drunk driver did....he ran away.

Yes....Somchai the truck driver or Somchai the merc driver...same same....just more comfy driver seat.

You do not run from the scene of an accident if not guilty....simple....and considering reports.....eyewitness....of him being drunk....then you dun have to be a rocket scientist....oh and you would have been in the wrong if it had been you...cos you were drunk.

Guess what....my brother was killed by a drunk driver.....guess what the drunk driver did....he ran away.

Ran or Staggered ?

Sorry to hear about your brother.

Ran or Staggered ?

Sorry to hear about your brother.

Drove actually.

Vehicle that hits another from behind is always in the wrong therefore your nephews friend is in the wrong and should cover damages to the Mercedes (was the Merc driver charged with drink drinking), lets hope he/she is adequately insured. the injured passengers should also be covered by insurance.

You're not in the wrong If the car in front suddenly brakes or swerves and you hit it from behind.

They were doing about 140 kph so judging from the photos I'd suggest there was a big speed difference.

no the merc driver was not breathalysed. No-one was.

It should be for a court to decide blame.

They may now know who the mini driver was but they are afraid he'll disappear (or advised to) if too much is revealed.

No where in Thailand has a safe speed posted at 140 klm per hour. Speeding. Plain and simple.

This is Thailand, not California. However, the concept of Contributory Negligence is a concept in the Thai legal codes. It might be applied here.

Edited by thaigold

Just a thought, but if confronted by a car full of people and you're on your own you might decide discretion is the better part of valor.

I'm sure the OPs relatives are lovely people, but we can't know how they reacted and they did outnumber the Merc driver and shootings and other acts of violence over traffic accidents aren't exactly unknown.

Also, the bottom line is that they hit him from behind. There has to be really clear evidence of extraordinary bad driving by the person in front for it not to be the driver behind's fault, and no evidence has been presented, in this thread at least.

As soon as I read the title I knew that this thread would be an attempt at slagging off an alleged hiso. And it was.

LATEST NEWS

Mini Cooper has been found by the police in a garage being repaired.

Inside the police found the boys student ID card and they also found bullets.

The car is registered to his 80 year old grandmother.

They are chinese thai who own a lot of gold shops.

One of the 4 victims who were run over remembered his car registration number.

Just a thought, but if confronted by a car full of people and you're on your own you might decide discretion is the better part of valor.

I'm sure the OPs relatives are lovely people, but we can't know how they reacted and they did outnumber the Merc driver and shootings and other acts of violence over traffic accidents aren't exactly unknown.

Also, the bottom line is that they hit him from behind. There has to be really clear evidence of extraordinary bad driving by the person in front for it not to be the driver behind's fault, and no evidence has been presented, in this thread at least.

Apparently the CCTV camera that views the road it rotates and actually missed the accident but obviously came back and recorded the aftermath.

It was very dark and the pictures are not very good.