Help Please With Apple Store

robblok

Hi i love my ipad and even my iphone. But i hate the apple store i just recently bought a mobile device that would count my calories that i burned. I need to wear it on my body. (health freak here). Anyway it also uses bluetooth and can there is a mobile version for the ipad. That would give me more information and i dont have to connect it to my computer to download the date.

However the app isnt available for Thailand :( . I try to do everything ok pay for stuff and because those stupid limitations from apple i cant even download the app. Is there any workaround ? i dont wan't to jailbreak my ipad. I love it all nice and legal. Its just this one app that i want to download. Available in US / Australia but not here.

I really don't like this system its on of the few things i think that suck about the product. Other then that completely satisfied with my ipad and iphone. So if someone could help me out here.

Meanwhile i also send an support email to the manufacturer of the bodymedia fit.

You can just create a new itunes account with an US address. I have an US itunes account and have my kasikorn debit card added to it. Works like a charm and you get the best of both worlds.

Edit: Just checked, my address is totally fake and doesnt add up to anything. Just country is set to US. Dont sweat it, the thai debit cards without a name on it usually work with any country/name combination.

Edited by WebBKK123

Yes, i think thats the way I'll go.

If I don't have any luck in iStudio or other places in town, not sure I trust tukcom to give me a genuine iPad

It was for the new iPad 64 GB wifi, I already have the IPad 1 32 wifi, but with my apps and podcasts space is tight, iPad 2 is only coming in at 16GB now, useless to me.

Don't get me wrong the original iPad that have is still great and I use it everyday, Battery life still brilliant just space issues, and my trusty original will be passed down to someone deserving.

Thanks again.

I'm sure many others know far more about this than I do but I thought you could change the country for iTunes which would allow you to DL from where you like. I know I still have my home country as the store location but I've had a Thai address also listed on my profile page.

You would run into a problem if you use a CC that is Thai based i think.

Good luck at getting what you seek.

Is that the 'fitbit'? - if it is, is it any good? Was thinking of getting one but expensive to get it here.

Its the bodymedia link but i have no idea if its good or not i just got it today and im a bit pissed off that i cant download the app. now i need to use the usb cable to read it out.

Ok i got the app, but real annoying.. making a new email address selecting us store buying a free app. Then setting it up without a credit card and ok it works. But come on its not easy like it should be.

Btw, its not a limitation from Apple. The developer of the app specifically did not allow the app in the Thai app store. It's just a matter of a selection for the dev when they submit it. Perhaps try writing an email to the dev and asking them to please allow their app in the Thai app store.

Btw, its not a limitation from Apple. The developer of the app specifically did not allow the app in the Thai app store. It's just a matter of a selection for the dev when they submit it. Perhaps try writing an email to the dev and asking them to please allow their app in the Thai app store.

I beg to disagree, Apple is a big player if they wanted one store there would be one store. Just look at android.

Anyway i used various workarounds and got the app in the end. I really love the products but this is just something that sucks.

There are reasons that some developers specifically cannot have their apps sold in certain country stores. There are Islamic countries that ban content. Even here in Thailand there are strict LM laws. Do you want a million Chinese language apps filling up the top 50 on app rankings? No...silly and ludicrous to only have 1 app store. I doubt any developer would for an instant consider that a better option.

App developers are totally free to choose where their apps are available. As it should be.

There are reasons that some developers specifically cannot have their apps sold in certain country stores. There are Islamic countries that ban content. Even here in Thailand there are strict LM laws. Do you want a million Chinese language apps filling up the top 50 on app rankings? No...silly and ludicrous to only have 1 app store. I doubt any developer would for an instant consider that a better option.

App developers are totally free to choose where their apps are available. As it should be.

Come on its easy to filter those Chinese apps out would not be a problem. Other things would also not be a problem. Its a big inconvenience. If android can do it why apple cant. I pay for apps i have no problem with the functions of ipad2 or iphone4s, i like them this is just the only drawback.

And still the workarounds work so Apple isn't that serious about keeping it really separated. Its all about money.

How is it about the money? How does it benefit Apple to reduce sales of apps???

Again, it's totally up to the developer. They CHOSE not to make the app available in the Thai app store. They (the developer) don't want you to have it for whatever reason. Nothing at all to do with Apple.

You can just create a new itunes account with an US address. I have an US itunes account and have my kasikorn debit card added to it. Works like a charm and you get the best of both worlds.

Edit: Just checked, my address is totally fake and doesnt add up to anything. Just country is set to US. Dont sweat it, the thai debit cards without a name on it usually work with any country/name combination.

That should not work and pretty sure it doesn't on the us iTunes store to make purchases. Well it never used to work. Always used to have to be a US issued credit card and therefore people who do not have one use US iTunes shift cards which are available on the internet.