Baan Totster... Den Of Iniquity...

Totster

I am lost what are you guys talking about? :o

We are discussing how to get an 'accent' over letters. If you see the previous 3-4 post you'll know why.

Why do you need accents Suegha, we already know you talk funny! :D

Just kidding. :D

I need 'accents' to write my own language which is Irish (Gaelic) as otherwise it's spelled incorrectly!

So when I say 'slainte', which is the Irish for cheers, it's spelled incorrectly as it should have an accent on the 'a', to elongate that vowel. I hope that makes sense!

In fact like this 'Sláinte'!

Edited by suegha

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am lost what are you guys talking about? :o

We are discussing how to get an 'accent' over letters. If you see the previous 3-4 post you'll know why.

Why do you need accents Suegha, we already know you talk funny! :D

Just kidding. :D

I need 'accents' to write my own language which is Irish (Gaelic) as otherwise it's spelled incorrectly!

So when I say 'slainte', which is the Irish for cheers, it's spelled incorrectly as it should have an accent on the 'a', to elongate that vowel. I hope that makes sense!

In fact like this 'Sláinte'!

Wow, you speak Gaelic. I was just reading in National Geographic an article about the communities that still spoke some form of Celtic language. Accordong to this those poeple are few and far between as well as only speaking it in the home. I love listening to Gaelic and would love to learn it.

Well, Bops, Gaelic is my mother tongue although I don't have anyone to speak to. There are quite a number of Gaelic speakers in Ireland in certain areas.

If you ever wanted to learn it you can get Lingaphone tapes which are quite good. It's not easy for English speakers as it's 'gutteral'. Let me know if you ever take it up.

Well, Bops, Gaelic is my mother tongue although I don't have anyone to speak to. There are quite a number of Gaelic speakers in Ireland in certain areas.

If you ever wanted to learn it you can get Lingaphone tapes which are quite good. It's not easy for English speakers as it's 'gutteral'. Let me know if you ever take it up.

It will be awhile I am afraid. I am studying Thai and Chinese now for one of these langauges will be used to help me get my phd. I would like to learn it for I have always had in interest in Celtic culture as my family on my mother's side comes from Belfast. So, I have an interest just because I love history and it is a part of my history. We Americans get in to that sort of thing being as most of us are mutts and most ended up with no connection to any old world countries.

It will be awhile I am afraid. I am studying Thai and Chinese now for one of these langauges will be used to help me get my phd. I would like to learn it for I have always had in interest in Celtic culture as my family on my mother's side comes from Belfast. So, I have an interest just because I love history and it is a part of my history. We Americans get in to that sort of thing being as most of us are mutts and most ended up with no connection to any old world countries.

Remember, there's a bit of Irish in everyone! Although I would say that we are all mutts. I can trace my name history to 12th century Ireland, but even then it dates back further to France. France didn't exist then as it does now - in fact none of our countries existed then as they do now - so somewhere in the dim and distant past we all began, we merged, we diversified, we merged. And here we are all today, and so it goes on.

But there will always be a bit of Irish in everyone. Hey, maybe Adam and Eve were Irish! :o

Remember, there's a bit of Irish in everyone! Although I would say that we are all mutts. I can trace my name history to 12th century Ireland, but even then it dates back further to France. France didn't exist then as it does now - in fact none of our countries existed then as they do now - so somewhere in the dim and distant past we all began, we merged, we diversified, we merged. And here we are all today, and so it goes on.

But there will always be a bit of Irish in everyone. Hey, maybe Adam and Eve were Irish! :D

Well, they eat that apple..... :o

But there will always be a bit of Irish in everyone. Hey, maybe Adam and Eve were Irish! :D

What apple? They didn't eat an apple!!!

Edited by suegha

Yeah, now you know the real reason why there are no snakes in Ireland. :D

What? Ya' don't believe that St. Patrick drove them out???

Perhaps he drove them out so the sons of Adam could fck up again in Ireland.

Perhaps he drove them out so the sons of Adam could fck up again in Ireland.

I don't know what you mean??? :D

I don't know what you mean??? :o

Oh, sorry. Well, in alot of art that depicts Adam and Eve and Eden, the fruit from the Tree of Knowledge is an apple. Satan is typically given the form of a snake. Make sense now?

I see!!! Just goes to show you how the bible is mis-quoted. It makes no mention of an apple or a satan. Also, and it is important, it's not just 'the tree of knowledge' it's 'the tree of knowledge of good and evil.' Makes a big difference. It was the only thing that they were commanded not to do, and still they failed.

Edited by suegha

How did we start talking about "bibles" in the Den of Iniquity... :D

totster :o

I don't know, you're away from a thread for just a few pages and some bible thumping barsteward has slipped in the back door with his 'the bible says this and the bible says that'. I don't know what the worlds coming to?

Just give me a large Gin and tonic and I'll start singing the blues. I actually have a fine singing voice but I do need it well lubricated before I launch forth.

ps Are there any nibbles - I'm famished?

pps Where's Glauka? I have not seen her on-line in ages! I could do with a dance...

Have ya' ever seen me dancin'? like really dancin'?

Edited by suegha

I don't know what you mean??? :o

Oh, sorry. Well, in alot of art that depicts Adam and Eve and Eden, the fruit from the Tree of Knowledge is an apple. Satan is typically given the form of a snake. Make sense now?

I see!!! Just goes to show you how the bible is mis-quoted. It makes no mention of an apple or a satan. Also, and it is important, it's not just 'the tree of knowledge' it's 'the tree of knowledge of good and evil.' Makes a big difference. It was the only thing that they were commanded not to do, and still they failed.

Oh this isn't in relation to the Bible, just painters and their imaginations.

I thought I'd sort the quotes out for you !!!! :o

totster :D

I thought I'd sort the quotes out for you !!!! :o

totster :D

Sorry, being a slow Yank again. I don't understand. What quotes? :D