Buffet English Breakfast In Chiang Mai ?

freedomnow

I agree Mad dog and the UN Irish pup have a good breakfast so does Sunie's.

But that is not what you want. The Empress has a good one. On Sundays their are quite a few hotels that do.

You just have to check around. Hopefully there will be other posters who know of other Breakfast buffet's.

I doubt if any hotels actually do just an "English breakfast buffet". If they did a breakfast buffet at all, it would probably include something American, Thai and probably Japanese. You'd be hard pressed to find proper bacon, baked beans and fried mushrooms; therefore you probably wouldn't be able to get the breakfast you want and would be better off continuing at Mad Dog et al.

They do a 'Buffet Breakfast' which I think the OP is asking, at Raming Lodge Hotel on Loi Kroh and is open to non-guests.....not been myself but heard that it's pretty good and cheap....including all the usual "English Breakfast" items.

On their website states "Buffet Breakfast is served from 06.00 until 10.00am"@

Edited by kjhbigv

They do a 'Buffet Breakfast' which I think the OP is asking, at Raming Lodge Hotel on Loi Kroh and is open to non-guests.....not been myself but heard that it's pretty good and cheap....including all the usual "English Breakfast" items.

Well, there you go The Raming Lodge seems to have just what you need for breakfast.

Well, there you go The Raming Lodge seems to have just what you need for breakfast.

Personally though, I always go to Mad Dog!

re ... They do a 'Buffet Breakfast' which I think the OP is asking, at Raming Lodge Hotel on Loi Kroh and is open to non-guests.....not been myself but heard that it's pretty good and cheap

hes right ... they did in july last year : )

but now ... in low season

when loi krohs like a ghost town till at least lunch time ish ... i doubt it

dave2

post-42592-0-93900500-1338210391_thumb.j

Great ....will check out Loi one.....Yes, the Mad D's one is great but I feel I could do 2 or 3 sometimes the day after some punishing exercise.

2 or 3 of Mad Dog's full English breakfast?

I'd struggle to get through one!

I'm not sure of the definition of an "English Buffet Breakfast". Most hotels will have a buffet breakfast of course. But have never found kippers, kedgeree, black pudding, bubble & squeak on the menu. Hotel breakfasts are pretty steep

Meredien B900

D2 B460

Furama B400

Princess B350

Mecure B210

mercure still does buffet breakfast? how is it? i could roughly remember awhile ago when they had a pretty good buffet lunch till they stopped it. not sure how is it now

many resorts include english breakfast buffet in their package, but its sliced bread, fried eggs, hot dogs and . . . . . bologna argh. would love to have a simple and nice breakfast buffet

Never had either here........but do the hotels have the novelty size "rice crispies" "frosties" "sugar puffs", they were grrrrreeeeeaaaat.

Please tell me that you're not serious about this.

sorry.gif Yes I was...........

mercure still does buffet breakfast? how is it? i could roughly remember awhile ago when they had a pretty good buffet lunch till they stopped it. not sure how is it now

many resorts include english breakfast buffet in their package, but its sliced bread, fried eggs, hot dogs and . . . . . bologna argh. would love to have a simple and nice breakfast buffet

My experience goes back a number of years. It wasn't elaborate but adequate.

The price is current as I've been looking for a friend.

u wont find better than the full english at Maddog for 160 baht...I have to limit myself to one a week due to my Profile Name

Try the UN Irish pup.but that was not what you wanted you wanted a buffet.

I think you'll find that it was the OP who wanted a buffet.

re ... They do a 'Buffet Breakfast' which I think the OP is asking, at Raming Lodge Hotel on Loi Kroh and is open to non-guests.....not been myself but heard that it's pretty good and cheap

hes right ... they did in july last year : )

but now ... in low season

when loi krohs like a ghost town till at least lunch time ish ... i doubt it

dave2

Strange, I had a friend who went there about month ago and it was open! He was the one who mentioned it to me! Maybe I will check it out myself.

u wont find better than the full english at Maddog for 160 baht...I have to limit myself to one a week due to my Profile Name

If the OP is looking for a buffet style full English breakfast to match Mad Dog's, then it's not going to happen.

Mad Dog has been consistent with it's English breakfast's ever since Nick started doing them.

Hotels cater for all nationalities and fall short on major pre-requisites for a good full English breakfast.

True, never seen baked beans at a b-fast buffet, bacon is also not easy to find, Downtown Inn had bacon, CM gate hotel buffet sometimes has bacon. Have been to Raming many times, their Thai food is pretty good, they have eggs and omlets cooked to order, overall a good deal for the price, was 140 last time I went.

True, never seen baked beans at a b-fast buffet, bacon is also not easy to find, Downtown Inn had bacon, CM gate hotel buffet sometimes has bacon. Have been to Raming many times, their Thai food is pretty good, they have eggs and omlets cooked to order, overall a good deal for the price, was 140 last time I went.

That's a good price at Raming for a buffet breakfast.

I agree that Nick's full English is the best around, very hard to beat. I'm usually OK with the Red Lion food also but I had breakfast there for the first time about a month ago and decided it needed considerable work before it could pass muster!

I agree that Nick's full English is the best around, very hard to beat. I'm usually OK with the Red Lion food also but I had breakfast there for the first time about a month ago and decided it needed considerable work before it could pass muster!

What was it lacking?

What was it lacking?

Anything that resembled food! The sausage was a two day old, very hard re-heat, the bacon looked like it had taken a dip in oil and not bothered to wait for the heat and the toast was akin to compressed sawdust, untoasted at that. I suppose in all fairness the eggs were OK although they were not done "over" as requested. It was a one off chance visit that will not be repeated I'm sorry to say.

That's a good price at Raming for a buffet breakfast.

The Olde Belle next door is far better value for breakfast.Not buffet but you can order as you please.