LemanRus

Hi

I'd appreciate some advice on getting from

Wararot Market <=> Big C, Chiangmai-Lampang Road

Between 8.00am and 8.00pm

By song-thaew (colour and cost)

By tuk-tuk (cost)

Please

As an aside is there anything special to eat out there, around Big C? (digging my grave with my teeth!)

Many Thanks

Leman

Why that particular Big C by the way? There are other big super centers that are much easier to reach by virtue of being on a regular route by buses and out-of-town songthaews. Specifically Tesco Lotus on the Hang Dong road, Big C on the Hang Dong road, and also Meechoke Plaza on the Mae Jo road.

All of those have regular Songthaews passing that start around the Warorot Market. (Yellow for the Hang Dong road, but confirm they are indeed passing Hang Dong), and I think green for the Mae Jo road where Meechoke Plaza is on.

Also Tesco Kham Thiang on the superhighway is slightly easier to reach by regular red Songthaew.

If you absolutely need Big C on the superhighway (Called Big C Don Chan) then a red songthaew would still be best, but you'll likely be negotiating the fare. (40-60 baht?)

Why that particular Big C by the way? There are other big super centers that are much easier to reach by virtue of being on a regular route by buses and out-of-town songthaews. Specifically Tesco Lotus on the Hang Dong road, Big C on the Hang Dong road, and also Meechoke Plaza on the Mae Jo road.

All of those have regular Songthaews passing that start around the Warorot Market. (Yellow for the Hang Dong road, but confirm they are indeed passing Hang Dong), and I think green for the Mae Jo road where Meechoke Plaza is on.

Also Tesco Kham Thiang on the superhighway is slightly easier to reach by regular red Songthaew.

If you absolutely need Big C on the superhighway (Called Big C Don Chan) then a red songthaew would still be best, but you'll likely be negotiating the fare. (40-60 baht?)

I'm going to visit a friend who will be staying at that Centara Resort round the back

On the east side of the iron bridge they have blue songtel's that go to Lampan.

Not sure of the cost or their schedule. There is almost always one there.

I thought that they followed the old Lampun road. Which is not the superhighway. But I'm not sure about that.