Parking Sukhumvit Lower Area

samsiam

Check the BMTA website, there is plenty of free and low cost parking around Bangkok, including what you are asking for. It is called Park and Ride, to encourage people to take public transportation to relieve traffic in the city. Here is one, there is more if I remember correctly.

http://www.bangkokmetro.co.th/map.aspx?Lang=En&Menu=9

I will be coming off the tollway behind Bumrungrad, so not going to go drive to a bts parking station just so I can catch the train back in......plus will be leaving around 10pm, so dun wanna then go catch a train and drive to the tollway entries when the one at Suk ) is close and convenient.

Needs to be around that soi's 0 to 19 on either side.......used to park above Vila soi 11, but they started to charge a huge amount last time we were there, 200b or something ridiculous for not even 3 hours from memory.

I will be coming off the tollway behind Bumrungrad, so not going to go drive to a bts parking station just so I can catch the train back in......plus will be leaving around 10pm, so dun wanna then go catch a train and drive to the tollway entries when the one at Suk ) is close and convenient.

Needs to be around that soi's 0 to 19 on either side.......used to park above Vila soi 11, but they started to charge a huge amount last time we were there, 200b or something ridiculous for not even 3 hours from memory.

I second BigJohnnyBKK's Soi 7 alternative. I always parked here when I went for a quick meal, though they always tried to charge me 50 baht even though the first hour is only 20 baht (I made sure I came back within the hour).

The real cheapster alternative is to park at Bumrungrad, it's completely free...

Yes, used Bumgrab before, but usually when we have been to the quack and ducked off elsewhere.....thought they would charge if you not doing business in there.

Soi 7 sounds ok though, think I remember it....next to that open air restaurant......although bumgrab is an easy in and out to the tollway.

Soi 7 opposit the Bar Beer. Don't know how much.

It's opposite the German Beer Garden ... on the right immediately past the Park Hotel. Looks free ie. I've never seen an attendant or anything, can't be though.

Landmark charges 30B per hour.

No, Landmark charges 50b per hour. It adds up quickly. I paid 400b to park there on Sunday night for a few hours....didnt seem like 6 ?!

I'm not sure where the reasonably priced parking is in lower Suk,

No, Landmark charges 50b per hour.

Aow. My bad. Admittedly, it has been a while since I was down there and used the parking- can't remember the last time. I guess that prices have gone up as they always do.

These days I do like another poster suggested- use the big Park and Ride garage at Lad Prao station near our place and take the MRT whenever I need to go down to the farang ghetto.

Another option a little further out (Soi 22) is Washington Square. Don't know the price now but it was reasonable a few years ago.

The place is in the process of being torn down. Not a good place to park a car.

One night in Bangkok........well half a night actually.

On the way down, semi trailer ran off the road in front of me....missed a noodle shop by inches, ploughed into a pile of trees...front all caved in, driver hanging onto steering wheel and shaking his head.

On way home at midnightish...on tollway, a car parked...yes parked....in the middle of the left 2 lanes at a 45 degree angle. I put me hazards on and slow down and a car doing 120k or theresabouts....flies past me on my right as I am rounding the parked car, misses me by inches.

A double trailered truck and a bus having races all the way up the highway at plus plus 100k's.

Its a warzone out there.

Parked at soi 7 as reco'd. 30b an hour, 320baht.

By the way, Bumgrab is free for 2 hours...then after that you have to get the ticket stamped at cashier when you pay hospital bill. There is mention on the ticket about a 1000b fine or such, but they never looked at my ticket when I drove out, nor I think have they ever asked for the stamp at other times, they might be somewhat relaxed on this rule, but departing at late midnight hours I think they might become aware.