Is It Ever Going To Start Cooling Down?

hotandhumid

Where are you living?

I admit there were a few days when it got pretty steamy for 2-3 hours in the mid afternoon, but for the most part, we just scatter fans around and sit in the shaded areas of garden and/or lounge and we are just fine. An hour before sunset the breezes blow up over the lake and it is really pleasant.

I think you are in the wrong part of Pattaya. . Move to the Darkside, that's my solution.

...and find a home that has large open areas, well ventilated, with a high ceiling and vents to take out the hot air, and with plenty of outside shade and the minimum of direct sunlight during the daytime. These are important considerations when looking for a home in a tropical climate....

Edited by Mobi

Funny, people living in Pattaya moaning about the heat, all my friends back in Kent moan when it's cold and currently moaning that it's too hot there but bad weather due for the bank holiday guess what they'll be doing - moaning again - ha ha!!!

I'd rather be hot here than hot there!!

Nuff said.

i live in northern thailand where it is anywhere from 5-10 degrees hotter and totally unbearable without air-con.id be happy to live in pattaya next to the ocean instead of this hot place but my wife refuses to move their away from her family but if i ever get the heave ho im there

Where are you living?

I admit there were a few days when it got pretty steamy for 2-3 hours in the mid afternoon, but for the most part, we just scatter fans around and sit in the shaded areas of garden and/or lounge and we are just fine. An hour before sunset the breezes blow up over the lake and it is really pleasant.

I think you are in the wrong part of Pattaya. . Move to the Darkside, that's my solution.

...and find a home that has large open areas, well ventilated, with a high ceiling and vents to take out the hot air, and with plenty of outside shade and the minimum of direct sunlight during the daytime. These are important considerations when looking for a home in a tropical climate....

Your house has lots of breeze. Very nice. I have a tall wall that blocks some of my ocean breeze. But mostly, no AC is needed right now. Only in the bedroom at night or in my back office where there's little ventilation. Last month was a killer, Darrel!!

Using Bangkok as a near example, here is a graph of the average high and low temperatures month by month.

As one can see, the average high temperatures only vary by 3C all year round. From 31C in December to 34C in April. September and October are the wettest months.

http://www.weather.com/weather/wxclimatology/monthly/graph/THXX0002

As one can see, the average high temperatures only vary by 3C all year round. From 31C in December to 34C in April.

This is true. What makes it feel extra hot during the "summer" months is really the lack of cooler temperatures overnight that we get in the "winter". So last month it felt hot even at 6am. This month it's been a bit fresher overnight.

For me, recently it is really not hot at all. Nice wind in the morning and at night. Only in the afternoon, the cool wind turns hot . I would be grateful if it is like this whole year rolleyes.gif

Yup, maybe follow the tips from above posts and find a better apt/house with good Feng Shui. Too much heat will increase the burden of heart and make one tired and old quickly sick.gif