Double Entry Visa Mistake !

Hi again to all on Thai visa,

i cocked up big time when going across the Mae Sai border for a 2 month tourist visa, by not realising that i had missed the original visa from Laos by 1 day, so instead of getting a further 2 months they issued me with 2 weeks !! argggg !

my fault completely by not looking at my Laos visa and just focusing on my immigration extra 30 day visa

(i wrongly assumed they were hand in hand!)

So what to do now??? please help me as i have only 2 weeks now to sort this problem out!

I am English and over 50 (just) and need to get as longer visa as poss here in Chiang Mai...

I think i can continue to do a every 2 week visa run , but this is unacceptable...any suggestions?

I was told that maybe another Laos trip might only wield a 2 month visa?

I look forward too hearing from my good friends here on TV

Kevin

Can you meet requirements for retirement extension of stay 600k 800k in bank/65k per month income or combination to meet 800k per year? If yes retirement extension of stay would be your best option. Failing that and if you are not willing to obtain education extensions of stay (can be part time Thai study) a normal tourist visa is your best option but as we do not know how many you already show in your passport hard to judge odds - if only the two at least a single entry should be available from Vientiane and most likely another two entry.

Hope you sort out your problem, as others have said, head back to Vientiane, the worst that can happen is another 14 days, the best is a double entry TV. It is tricky sometimes. My last TV from Vientiane had a "must be used" date of May 15. My 30 extension of stay stamp I got at CM immigration was May 16. Had I waited until the 16th, I would have found myself in the same spot, not an over stay, but no visa. BTW - I hate being late so I went to Burma on the 14th.

Edited by DowntownAl
  • Like 1

Can you meet requirements for retirement extension of stay 600k in bank/65k per month income or combination to meet 800k per year? If yes retirement extension of stay would be your best option.

Just to avoid confusion, lopburi mant to write "800k in bank" but must have hit the wrong key.

Unless I missed them lowering the requirements within the last few days wink.png

Sophon

Can you meet requirements for retirement extension of stay 600k 800k in bank/65k per month income or combination to meet 800k per year? If yes retirement extension of stay would be your best option. Failing that and if you are not willing to obtain education extensions of stay (can be part time Thai study) a normal tourist visa is your best option but as we do not know how many you already show in your passport hard to judge odds - if only the two at least a single entry should be available from Vientiane and most likely another two entry.

doesnt it have to be in the bank for 3 months before the application ?

it doesnt sound like the Op has even been in Thailand that long ?

Edited by Asiantravel

For the first application it is 60 days. If he has a 15 day entry then he could do a conversion to a non-o at immigration which only requires the money be in the bank and then apply for extension after money has been in bank long enough.

doesnt it have to be in the bank for 3 months before the application ?

it doesnt sound like the Op has even been in Thailand that long ?

i have lived here for 9 years, but i have had a non imm b for most of that time, hence my little confusion !

Maybe 9 years isnt that long?

thanks for the reply though !