90 Day Reporting (Or Not) And Off To Cambodia

Really not sure about this one, so any 100% advice would be really welcome.

My last employer has not carried out any of my 90 day reports on my extension of stay , and now for my new employer I need to do a quick 'border hop' to Cambodia.

Just wondering what my options are ? My extension is about 11 months old now. should I go to immigration and pay a fine or can I pay that fine at the border with Cambodia ?

Thanks guys and gals

If your employment ended your extension ended the same day and must be reported to immigration that day so you may have more issues than 90 day reports (which would normally be a 2k fine when found out). You are not likely to be 90 day fined except when making next(first) report but it might be checked. But overstay is 500 baht per day so we need to check on that. Did you obtain a new extension/'work permit and why are you going to the border?

@ Lopburi, my ex employer did not cancel my work permit and continued to take my social payments from monies owed, so the overstay should be a mute point.

I am going to the border to get a 15 day stamp, our visa/wp guy at work has asked his friends at immigration and they are happy to start the process with over 10 days left on a permission to stay.

So I will cancel my current wp and extension of stay when I leave the country and then start again , (or at least that is how I understand it)

I don’t really understand why you are doing a border run.

I suppose you have a Non-O extension based on work and therefore you don’t have to do visa runs, only the 90 day reporting.

If this is the case you can change in most cases your WP from your old to your new employer at the same day and continue using your current visa extension.

You can not apply for a Business visa inside Thailand, you have to apply for your first Business visa outside Thailand at the Thai Embassy or Consulate.

I suppose you have a Non-O extension based on work and therefore you don’t have to do visa runs, only the 90 day reporting.

If this is the case you can change in most cases your WP from your old to your new employer at the same day and continue using your current visa extension.

You can not apply for a Business visa inside Thailand, you have to apply for your first Business visa outside Thailand at the Thai Embassy or Consulate.

The OP did not mention O Visa, I assume that he has a normal B visa and , correctly, he need to leave the country in order to apply for a new visa or stamp.

If his new employer can help it is perfectly legal to change, even the 15day stamp,to a Non Immigrant Visa B, provided a certain amount of days are left and all documents have been provided.

The OP did not mention O Visa, I assume that he has a normal B visa and , correctly, he need to leave the country in order to apply for a new visa or stamp.

If his new employer can help it is perfectly legal to change, even the 15day stamp,to a Non Immigrant Visa B, provided a certain amount of days are left and all documents have been provided.

Very correct, my new employer will change the 15 day stamp to a Non-B :-) My big concern is the total lack of 90 day reports and wether that can be sorted at the border or do I need to go to immigration here first ?

If you wan to settle it, go to the immirgation office, not the border.

Be polite and say sorry and they will fine you 2,000 baht.

But at the same time I would cancel your extension of stay and work permit, with a letter from your employer.

You can not apply for a visa inside Thailand ( except for a few exceptions like retirement visa include the extension ) but you can get an extension of stay.

Please show me the reference where states that you can convert an 15 Day VOA into a one year business visa.

Do you have experience with this in Bangkok? as I know that this is not possible in Phuket,

I have seen many passport which had a conversion to a Non Immigrant B visa, from a 15day stamp.

Initially the person will get a three month Non Immigrant B visa, which need to be extended to a full year later on by getting the work permit from Labor n the extension of stay from Immigration.

Just leave for the day and get a new entry card, but be sure to put your visa # on the slip where it says to and they will issue you another new entry card. Use the new date, 90 days from whenever you get it to report again. I have done this and not had to pay any fine. Just get another entry card upon your arrival back. pg

I have seen many passport which had a conversion to a Non Immigrant B visa, from a 15day stamp.

Initially the person will get a three month Non Immigrant B visa, which need to be extended to a full year later on by getting the work permit from Labor n the extension of stay from Immigration.

Where were those visa issued ?