The Big Jubilee Sunday Lunch

OldeBellPedr

This Sunday, pubs and restaurants around Britain and the Commonwealth will be celebrating HM the Queens Golden Jubliee with The Big Jubilee Sunday Lunch. We at The Olde Bell are a registered venue and have a special lunch planned:

Roast Pork with home-made Apple Sauce, Roast Potatoes, Yorkshire Puddings, Onion Mash, Seasonal Veg and Gravy for just 150 baht

Roast Beef with Horseradish Sauce, Roast Potatoes, Yorkshire Puddings, Onion Mash, Seasonal Veg and Gravy for just 250 baht

To follow we have Apple Pie and Custard or Bread and Butter Pudding.

We'll have songs from the war years, a live duo, and possibly a wind up gramophone with 78 records!! and we'll give you a FREE glass of sherry upon arrival!

The fun starts at 1pm. booking is not essential but advisable.

Well, during the Falklands war number ones included Bucks Fizz, McCartney and Wonders 'Ebony and Ivory' and Nicole's (German) Eurovision song contest winner 'A Little Peace' as well as Madnesses 'House of Fun' during Operation Desert Storm number ones included: 'Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie, Yellow Polka dot Bikini' and The Simpsons 'do the Bart Man'

so i think we'll stick to the second world war, when HM The Queen may not have ascended the throne, but was certainly part of Britain's war effort. she was appointed Colonel-in chief of the Grenadier guards in 1943. On a more mundane level, in Feb 1945 she joined the women's Auxiliary Territorial Service as an honorary Second subaltern with the service number 230873. She trained as a driver and mechanic. I hope now you may understand Mr.Smith why I felt that the songs of the (second World War) years are appropriate!

Those of you who aren't joining us for lunch are welcome to come along for a drink and to listen to the music from 2pm onwards and enjoy a few of Steve's 78's, played on his wind up gramophone player!

• Like 1