Pcx 150 Alarm Remote

PETDCAT

Likewise its nothing personal, I just know many people have tried to get the list price and are just told 85000 baht all in, which is not the case and clearly many dealers hike the price to 85000 baht so Joe Bloggs thinks that's the list price, that's when people feel they are being ripped off. I'm sure if we asked the general public how they feel about paying more than suggested list price without knowing it they would feel ripped off.

• Like 1

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just picked up my PCX for 75,900 out the door with insurance a free helmet and Honda backpack, it was from Neyom Honda here in Chiang Mai, i put a thousand baht down and i guess that lock in the price from 7 weeks ago, i had brought 85,000 with me because i was sure i was going to have to pay big time i was nicely surprised that they held to the locked in price and it didn't hurt that my sister in law knew the manager. so far i love the bike it goes very well off the line and even with me and my wife on it ( i weigh 215lbs) i use the idle kill and see no problem with any battery issue and I'm surprised how flawlessly it goes with just a twist of the throttle. I was looking at the Mai Thai website and love all the accessories that i can get (wife is rolling here eyes back at the mention of the place) is there a similar place like that here in Chiang Mai? would appreciate any help finding accessories!

Not sure about shops in Chiang Mai, but here are a couple of links for shops here in Bangkok that you can get some ideas from.

http://www.likito.com/

http://www.x-speed.co.th/HONDAPCX

Most of the stuff is for the 125 version, but can still be used on the 150. If you can't find any shops in Chiang Mai, let me know. I could always get what you want and ship it up to you. Best of luck.

Brian

Truth is many dealers are selling at 85000 so even shopping around many potential buyers are not aware of the true suggested retail price, they just think the hiked price of 85000 is list.

Strange how so many dealers come up with the price of 85000 baht ?.

I'm sure Honda build in a decent margin for retailers at the suggested retail price, that's why I think its a ripoff.

I've been a regular customer at Sumet Cycle for over a year now and purchased a CBR250 from them. As far as the bike is concerned, I've been shopping roun town before making a 110K decision and They were by far the cheapest. I don't know about the PCX but I'm pretty sure that they aren't ripping off anyone. they are perhaps not the cheapest around but the services and congeniality makes it worth. I don't mind paying a little more than elsewhere as long as I get a decent and reliable after-sales service.

Ripping off customers happens when ...

1. The customers is too retarded to read the price tag. (most likely the case)

2. The distributor is telling you a cheaper price but asks for more money in order to get what should be included in the original price (insurance, alarm system, etc).

3. The distributor is making promises he can't keep (after sales service)

4. The after sales service is done by incompetent people who often fix you bike with cheap, non-genuine parts (eg break pads, fluids, ect).

5. The distributor refuses to take responsibility for his staff's mistakes.

As far as I can see, Sumet may not be up to your standards, but they haven't done any of these. They can the right to sell what they want at any price they decide; it's just good business..

I've been in Thailand for more than 20 years, owned quite a few bikes and I have seen more than my share of overpricing and shoddy services . I just silently move on to the next shop, hoping that I'll find better.

I don't whine like a puppy.

Good for you, I'm not whining and I have never stated they don't offer good service, I've seen many complimentary posts about the service levels.

We are talking about completely different things, read the posts (no price tags well not list ones anyway) then you might make some real sense instead of just shaking your rattle.

• Like 1

I just picked up my PCX for 75,900 out the door with insurance a free helmet and Honda backpack, it was from Neyom Honda here in Chiang Mai, i put a thousand baht down and i guess that lock in the price from 7 weeks ago, i had brought 85,000 with me because i was sure i was going to have to pay big time i was nicely surprised that they held to the locked in price and it didn't hurt that my sister in law knew the manager. so far i love the bike it goes very well off the line and even with me and my wife on it ( i weigh 215lbs) i use the idle kill and see no problem with any battery issue and I'm surprised how flawlessly it goes with just a twist of the throttle. I was looking at the Mai Thai website and love all the accessories that i can get (wife is rolling here eyes back at the mention of the place) is there a similar place like that here in Chiang Mai? would appreciate any help finding accessories!

Not sure about shops in Chiang Mai, but here are a couple of links for shops here in Bangkok that you can get some ideas from.

Most of the stuff is for the 125 version, but can still be used on the 150. If you can't find any shops in Chiang Mai, let me know. I could always get what you want and ship it up to you. Best of luck.

Brian

Thank you very much Brian, how is shipping with in Thailand? is it fairly quick and does it cost alot? Also can you get all the parts from the links you provided or would it be better if i ordered the parts from them? Thanks again Louie.

Brian

Thank you very much Brian, how is shipping with in Thailand? is it fairly quick and does it cost alot? Also can you get all the parts from the links you provided or would it be better if i ordered the parts from them? Thanks again Louie.

Shipping stuff is usually pretty cheap, unless it is something really heavy. We actually use a private shipping company and they usually complete delivery in 1-2 days. You could certainly order from them, but if you feel more comfortable dealing with me, I could source the stuff for you. I don't stock a lot of PCX accessories here at the shop. Customers usually place orders and I get what they want. Thanks.

Brian

Good for you, I'm not whining and I have never stated they don't offer good service, I've seen many complimentary posts about the service levels.

We are talking about completely different things, read the posts (no price tags well not list ones anyway) then you might make some real sense instead of just shaking your rattle.

Though you have a point, you have to consider that running a shop in Bangkok is much more expensive(rents etc) than running one in the sticks. Also peace of mind is worth alot, as Brian at Sumet will do his best to ensure that everything is done correctly.

Can we get contact details for the Bowin shop selling the new PCX ?

Just checked the list of authorized Honda dealers and I can't find any listing for Bowin. Here is the number for AP Honda's call center, perhaps they have more information. 02-725-4000 Best of luck.

Brian

The situation is what it is. If Honda Thailand let their dealers price gouge on new/popular models it's shame Honda, shame shame shame.

But then, who set the price on their pissy new 250 soft-roader? Mityon are asking 145.000 baht!

The situation is what it is. If Honda Thailand let their dealers price gouge on new/popular models it's shame Honda, shame shame shame.

But then, who set the price on their pissy new 250 soft-roader? Mityon are asking 145.000 baht!

Yes and no, I think car dealers can adjust how much they earn on a new car by the amount freebies they give on each sale, free 1st class insurance and then all the things from the extra catalog; floor mats, stone deflector on the hood and the list goes on and on for a car, so in that regard they have much more leeway than the local bike dealer.

Okay some of us says, no way will we pay 85k for a PCX and can then find a dealer outside the city that will sell it for 77.5K bath in my case but I had to wait for 2 long weeks before it turned up outside my house, he-he.The Bowin dealer also sells the new 250 soft-roader, but I didn't ask for the price, but they told to tell my Pattaya friends about it, it will properly be way cheaper than in Pattaya.

Well the deal is....almost done. Put down 5000 baht deposit and the shiny new thing will appear in 2 - 4 weeks. Couldn't get it down to 77500 but the walk-in price of 78500 is close enough. Dealer charge, tax, 3rd party and 2 years theft insurance included. Travelling North East on 331 it was the second Honda shop, on the left. The first one on the right hand side wanted 79k.

Now the hunt is on for accessories. licklips.gif I want it to look good!

Well, seeing I can get one in Sattahip for 82.5k (sans helmet, and windbreaker), I'd have to say no to that.

I'll keep looking.

We just bought one in Bowin some 25 km's from Pattaya for 77.5 kbath including everything. I think a few expats from Pattaya have bought there and they deliver the bike right to your door step for free.

thats where mine came from 2 years theft insurance, Jacket, Helmet and delivered to the Darkside. Asia city bikes i think is name. Really nice people all shop came out to wave me off when i went. totally opposite to the shower known as Mityon. Went with a friend to look at 400 cc bike at Mityon, sales person was adamant its was air cooled despite big rad at the front.

Be careful if you give details of a great dealer that's not a sponsor you run the risk of your post being deleted, Bowin dealer offers great service at recommended retail price, and stupid me thought this was an open forum to express your views and recommendations to fellow members.

• Like 1

Any directions to Bowin shop? 25 km south of Patttaya?

13.033492,101.096363 google maps, go past big tesco lotus on the right about 100 yards up on the right.

Asia City Motor Company 0892450664 038345732 moo 6 bowin A. Siracha

Any directions to Bowin shop? 25 km south of Patttaya?

13.033492,101.096363 google maps, go past big tesco lotus on the right about 100 yards up on the right.

Asia City Motor Company 0892450664 038345732 moo 6 bowin A. Siracha

thumbsup.gifclap2.gif

I can't see why a sponsor from BKK should fell pissed off about that, Pattaya members don't buy small Thai bikes in BKK anyway. He might find it a bitter pill so swallow that more and more potential PCX buyers here on TV finds out the a bike can be had well below 80k bath all incl. I would love to know what the dealers buys them for at Honda, a wild guess: 65-70k bath but I am only guessing.

As this topic have turned into something rather childish, I will NEVER buy anything from him, can get everything I might want for my 77.5K bath PCX here in Pattaya.

Personally i would expect to pay more in Bangkok than a provincial town, overheads etc would be greater i would imagine, and from friends who have purchased from Sumet they go back time after time. Sumet also organise many events such as the vip day at the motor show and various ride outs and throw in freee gas, so its buying a package. But living out near the provincial town and in Chon Buri it was cheaper and i also wanted Chon Buri plates. Should a problem arise i would think dealing with a westerner would be easier such as Brian.

Cant see people from Bangkok rushing down here to save 7k, then having to take it back to BKK and be stuck with a Chon Buri red plate for a while, which i beleive is illegal to drive at night time.

So why am i posting this, its just to say i am not into the debate between a Bangkok dealer and a provincial town dealer, but if people are in Pattaya its a better option than the main dealer around town.

It was after all Brian who answered the OPs question although did not sell the bike to the OP.

Even though I haven't taken delivery yet, I am keen to find a place that can supply carbon fibre panels to replace the maroon abominations that will come with the PCX. I have a black seat already.

I have X-speed noted for SS exhaust and mag wheels

You may have already guessed, I am going for the American gangster look. wink.png

I don't think I will alter mine much, maybe not at all. Okay don't like the color on the seat (lady boy red) but I am comfortable on it and I noticed when it was left in the sun downtown its nowhere as hot as a black one would have been.

Still thinking about that seat.

I don't think I will alter mine much, maybe not at all. Okay don't like the color on the seat (lady boy red) but I am comfortable on it and I noticed when it was left in the sun downtown its nowhere as hot as a black one would have been.

Still thinking about that seat.

theres a guy off pattaya Nua who mrecovers seat, i got new seat from the place on soi bakaow who sells every thing for pcx by the way of extras then took it to the guy near pattaya thai, i reshaped the seat and covered it for 150 baht. he does recover seats as well. directions just in case, down pattaya nua from suk, first set of lights turn right (mityon dealer on corner opposite) about 20 yards before lights at end of the road on the left you will see seats hanging up. Remodels and recovers very cheaply

There's a guy out at Huai Yai on the road that leads to 331 that does seats. I called in to the guy on Thepprasit Rd near the pushbike shop and didn't think he did an extrordinary job for the price he was asking. Think I will leave mine (the black one I already have) standard for a bit.

I will keep the seat as is for the time being as well, are getting used to the lady boy red, but I better not ride alone though soi boys town here in Patts, he-he.

If I do anything seat wise, it will be a replacement seat and keep the old one.

Do the PCX come with a tool kit? I can't find any. Our 3 year old Fino still have the tool kit under the seat (never used).

Edited by guzzi850m2

I will keep the seat as is for the time being as well, are getting used to the lady boy red, but I better not ride alone though soi boys town here in Patts, he-he.

If I do anything seat wise, it will be a replacement seat and keep the old one.

Do the PCX come with a tool kit? I can't find any. Our 3 year old Fino still have the tool kit under the seat (never used).

Mine came with a tool kit,under the seat.