Alien Workers

thaipod

The soi that I have lived in for many years in a quiet tidy soi and has now a large amount of burmese workers that have been employed in the past month by a Chinese man that used to have Thai but now most have left . Yesterday I counted around 30 plus who live in the back of the factory and they don't seem to care about the people who live in the soi or their properties,they are always on their phones yelling at the top of their voice , they throw their garbage onto the street and food is everywhere attracting soi dogs also a lot of food scraps and tyed plastic bags are thrown into the klong .

Our neighbours seem to be worried about crime but say you cannot do anything about them as there has been complaints about the boss but he just pays the district officials and nothing happens . Now my wife is saying that she wants to sell our house as she dosn't feel safe and conserned about our daughter .

I was talking to the chinese guy and he now tells me he is expanding into scrap metal and he will get more workers . Now my wife is really p*ssed!

Reasons like this are why we still haven't bought anywhere in 3 years and have a 3.5 million baht house my mother in law gave us sitting empty. Neighbours have turned their house into a factory along with guard dogs who don't shut up and hideously ugly lorries. Other people have abandoned their houses and other neighbours can't understand why.

You have my sympathies.

• Like 1

they throw their garbage onto the street and food is everywhere attracting soi dogs also a lot of food scraps and tyed plastic bags are thrown into the klong

Sonds like a very normal thing in Thailand. Nothing to get excited about.

Don't start offering bribes to immigration or you might find you have problems with your visa. A quiet polite word at your next 90 days might help first. Local police pick up illegals anyway if they are actually illegal. If they aren't, I'm afraid there isn't much you can really do about it.

Having a polite word with the boss or the workers about whats happening could well help. It certainly helped with the coach drivers here, but not all (regarding littering, loud music, fighting , wife beating, walking around in just pants), but if people have never been taught manners that you consider proper they don't know it upsets other people and are quite happy to change.

Keep the wife happy. She may be irrationally afraid of the evil Burmese but it's just as hard to deprogram them about that as it is ghosts.

IMO Opportunity to cash out if you've invested in property. Learn your lesson and don't buy anymore, just rent so it's easy to move whenever this kind of thing happens, which of course it will continue to do.

As BJB said, irrational fear of Burmese by Thai's. The reality is there are fewer harder working, kinder people than the Burmese.

As for the illigality of the workers. It all depends, sure they may be illegal and the owners are simply paying off the coppers. The alternative is that they are here under very easy to get WP's and Visa's only available to Burmese, Lao and Cambodian nationals, allowing employers to hire them by the veritiable truckload with minimal fuss - and certainly less than the bribes required by the BIB's.

• Like 1

Unforseen events like these are also why I will always rent unless it happened to be a stand alone house on a decent plot of land (but that also will never happen because I refuse to sell my home back home and also cannot own the land here).

I lived next door to a policeman and unbeknown to me I was disturbing him and his wife every night. I only found out after the wife complained to my g/f. By then it had been going on for over 6 months. So if he could not do anything about it, I feel you have little chance to do anything about the problem(s) you have, except move out or put up with it.

I'll add that I did rectify the problem with my neighbour and it was noise related, me not realising how loud my tv, music and computer were due to my own hearing problems. The sounds travelling further and seeming louder in the dead of night.

they throw their garbage onto the street and food is everywhere attracting soi dogs also a lot of food scraps and tyed plastic bags are thrown into the klong

Sonds like a very normal thing in Thailand. Nothing to get excited about.

As long as no one is urinating in your backyard. :rolleyes: