Wellcom W9119

Hi

2 years ago I bought the above cellphone from a Thai friend, a nice cellphone for the money, quite a smart little thing at the time. The battery is now dead, and no1 in Malaysia seems to know what I am asking them... can any members refer me to a Thai online shop where I could get a replacement battery? It says Wellcom Model W9119 on it

Appreciated

William

Hi mamypok

From what I can read on the battery, it is made by a company called HHX Company Limited. other info is Li-ion 3.7V 1000mAh, model W9119, standard: GB/T 1827-2000. The serial number says HHX 1005000055

Thanks

W

Hi mamypok

From what I can read on the battery, it is made by a company called HHX Company Limited. other info is Li-ion 3.7V 1000mAh, model W9119, standard: GB/T 1827-2000. The serial number says HHX 1005000055

Thanks

W

Google Wellcom. Then contact them then get your battery ...dohh

sent from my Wellcom A90+

Thanks Thaicbr; unfortunately it is in Thai, I tried the English version but it will not process the contact email once you fill it, so dam_n frustrating all this; might as well just bin that phone lol

Rgds

William

Thanks Thaicbr; unfortunately it is in Thai, I tried the English version but it will not process the contact email once you fill it, so dam_n frustrating all this; might as well just bin that phone lol

Rgds

William

If you call the RCA Bangkok service center they speak basic english. They MIGHT understand what you want. Maybe :D:lol:

sent from my Wellcom A90+

I noticed Wellcom has twitter and FB links on their contact page - might try that. Failing that, perhaps a pic of that battery sent to an online battery supplier...those are very common output numbers. Also, if I ever pass a Wellcom supplier, I'll ask about it.

Skyking2,

Searching for an exact replacement battery for cellphones, especially older ones, can be exasperating.

But, another way is to take your old battery to a shop and have it rebuilt. They will strip the old battery out of its chassis and install a newer battery in it. Sometimes, the new battery to be put in the old chassis is not the same length and width dimensions as the old battery. So, they will put a "filler" in the old chassis. But, it works. And, is not expensive. And, the newer batteries have obviously better performance. At least, in my experience.

Finding a shop to do this will require asking around in an area where phone shops are concentrated.

Best wishes