Please Help With An Answer, If You Know..... No Guesses Please

Gonzo the Face

Please if you will gang, give some answers as with regards to the Songtau Transport, which color of bus goes to or covers what area.

The Red Bus covers/goes to _____________________

The Yellow Bus covers/goes to ___________________

Lets see if we can cover all the varied colors.

Thanks

Gonzo

The red taxis go anywhere at the customers request, no fixed routes.

The blue taxis go from the Rin Ping supermarket by the river to Lamphun.

The yellow taxis go from Chiang Mai gate, some from the Warorot market to Chong Thong.

I think the green taxis go to Mai Rim.

The white taxis go from the Warorot market to Sankampang.

There are some variations on these routes and it is easy to tell by looking at the board colors at the front of these taxis.

And if my answers are correct, do I win a free meal at the Pun Pun?

Edited by Beetlejuice

The yellow taxis go from Chiang Mai gate, some from the Warorot market to Chong Thong.

There are some variations on these routes and it is easy to tell by looking at the board colors at the front of these taxis.

Very possibly.....

We'll be RE testing some things in the next week or so.......

Trying not to show any disrespect or ill humor...... but again my condolences to the families of those in the previous test......whistling.gif

We'll be in touch after checking out your list

Oh, and good luck

Thanks

Gonzo

http://www.chiangmai-traveltips.com/songthaew.htm They are right with most of the routes, but the yellow ones also ply San Patong and Jum Tong

Songthaew are converted pick-up trucks used to transport people. They are often called rod daeng, meaning "red color" because most of the songthaews on the road are painted red. In Chiang Mai, the red songthaew ply the main streets of the city. Then there are songthaews painted in other colors. The white songthaews travel the eastern route to Sankampaeng, the yellow songthaews go north, to Mae Rim; the blue ones go to Sarapee and Lamphun to the south; while the green songthaews travel northeast to Mae Jo.

Where's Chong Thong? Yellow bus (AFIK) goes from Hang Dong to little market bt CM Gate, then (if passagers wish) on to bus garage or warorot market (Gad Luang).

Also don't forget free green bus from most main hotels in the city out to Airport Plazza.

Where's Chong Thong? Yellow bus (AFIK) goes from Hang Dong to little market bt CM Gate, then (if passagers wish) on to bus garage or warorot market (Gad Luang).

Also don't forget free green bus from most main hotels in the city out to Airport Plazza.

They do? Are you talking about a green songthaew (have not seen/noticed/payed attention to one before) or a mini bus, other? I like free stuff and there are two major hotels nearby. Could fill in a slow day riding back and forth too.

I think this is pretty accurate

Edited by chiangmaicharlies

The yellow ones also go south, not sure how far, but I think Hang Dong.

All the way to Chom Thong. But there are multiple destinations once they get past Sanpatong. The destination is displayed on the sign abov the cab. (Destinations have a consistent color, eg. Chom Thong is a red sign, Thung Siow is Green, etc. )

This was bugging me when last in CM and will no doubt continue to do so when I return to stay permanently later this year.

I have ridden the yellows from CM Gate (Nantaram Rd) down to the second Big C in Hang Dong, they run every 10-15 min (or so).

I have seen Green ones on route 1001 at Rim Ping, Fa Ham (Mee Chok?). I have been told they start/end at the Flower Market (Warotot) but don't know where the other end of the route is or how often they run.

Have seen white ones near the Flower Market but don't know where they go.

It would be seriously useful if someone could define the routes on Google map as a reference source for all.

Yes, I've used the yellow one from Wararot (opposite the Gold shop) to Doi Saket for many years.

Others there go to Mae Rim.

Have to read the destination boards on the front to make sure I get on the right one.

There are 6 colors of Songthaew transport in Chiang Mai, red, yellow, white, green, orange and blue.

1. The red one goes around inside the city for 20 baht and for this price the chauffeur of red car can pick up also other passenger. If you want to go outside city with red car (songthaew, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Songthaew), the price depend on how far you want to go or agreed price between you and chauffeur.

There are almost 3,000 red car transport in city of Chiang Mai.

2. The yellow songthaew goes to another district : 1) Chiang Mai - Mae Rim

2) Chiang Mai - Doi Saket

3) Chiang Mai - San Pa Tong - Chom Thong

There are 3 terminals for yellow songthaew in city : Warorot market (Kad Luang), Pratu Chiang Mai market (Chiang Mai gate market) and Chang Phuak bus station. Almost 200 yellow songthaew in Chiang Mai, every 5-15 minutes and price is 15-40 baht depend on distance, you can also flag down a bus on the way.

3. The white songthaew goes to Mae Tang, every 7 minute from 05:00-20:30 and Chiang Mai - San Kampaeng, the price and the waiting time are same with yellow songtaew.

4. The green songthaew goes to Mae Joe, there are 2 ways for green songthaew : new line- pass super high way and old line-pass San Sai.

5. The orange songthaew goes to Fang, service time 06:15-18:00 (every 30 minute) pass Chiang Dao, Chai Prakan, foot hill of Doi Ang Kang until Fang (in Chiang Rai province).

6. The blue songthaew goes to Lamphun, pass Sarapi.

All I talk is about songthaew, not bus.

I found more songthaew lines (same color but different line) if sort out follow terminal, l but I need time to write to be sure that you do not need google translate my poor Englishsmile.png .

• Like 2

There are 6 colors of Songthaew transport in Chiang Mai, red, yellow, white, green, orange and blue.

1. The red one goes around inside the city for 20 baht and for this price the chauffeur of red car can pick up also other passenger. If you want to go outside city with red car (songthaew, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Songthaew), the price depend on how far you want to go or agreed price between you and chauffeur.

There are 3 terminals for yellow songthaew in city : Warorot market (Kad Luang), Pratu Chiang Mai market (Chiang Mai gate market) and Chang Phuak bus station. Almost 200 yellow songthaew in Chiang Mai, every 5-15 minutes and price is 15-40 baht depend on distance, you can also flag down a bus on the way.

3. The white songthaew goes to Mae Tang, every 7 minute from 05:00-20:30 and Chiang Mai - San Kampaeng, the price and the waiting time are same with yellow songtaew.

4. The green songthaew goes to Mae Joe, there are 2 ways for green songthaew : new line- pass super high way and old line-pass San Sai.

5. The orange songthaew goes to Fang, service time 06:15-18:00 (every 30 minute) pass Chiang Dao, Chai Prakan, foot hill of Doi Ang Kang until Fang (in Chiang Rai province).

I found more songthaew lines (same color but different line) if sort out follow terminal, l but I need time to write to be sure that you do not need google translate my poor Englishsmile.png .

Excellent post. I was going to say the orange ones...and the 2 shades of green, etc...but you covered it all.

Here are two maps on the subject:

post-151013-0-60803300-1338457609_thumb.

post-151013-0-39499800-1338457613_thumb.

Actually, these maps are for buses not songtaews. Do these bus services even exist anymore?

I heard the songthaew drivers were responsible for the plan never coming to fruition. Much the same as they might for any form of public transport that might endanger their livelihood

Good old sport, that`s marvellous.

One of the most useful pieces of information yet in the Chiang Mai forum.

So if I want to go from the area around Chiang Mai University, up Canal Road to 700 Year stadium, can I hop on the Orange, or would I have to get a Red and negotiate the price?

Thanks.

I didn't find any songthaew pass 700 years stadium, only the bus No.2 from Arcade bus station goes there. There are not many red songthaew pass 700 years stadium, it is mean you can take the red one to go there but you have to wait long time for go back to Chiangmai University area.

This is the way from Chang Phuak bus staion, not from Chiang Mai university :

you can take the yellow songthaew (Chiang Mai-Mae Rim) or the orange one (Chiang Mai-Fang) direction to Mae Rim/Fang on the road

No. 107 then get off after you see the sign of Chiang Mai city hall (on the left side) and walk about 500 meters to 700 years stadium.

The cheap and sportive way is cycle from Chiang Mai university along the canal, you can rent a bike for 50 baht per day and the road is good.

Chong Thong = Chom Thong|

Song Tell, Song Thau = Song Thaeo

Sarapee = Saraphi

Chang Phuak = Chang Phueak

Gad Luang = Kat Luang

Rin Ping = Rimping

Sarapee = Saraphi

Gad Luang = Kat Luang

Rin Ping = Rimping

Have to dissagree with you. Among CM forum members, 'Song Thaeo' is an obsolete word. The new word is 'Songtell', you might as well get used to it. smile.png

Sarapee = Saraphi

Gad Luang = Kat Luang

Rin Ping = Rimping

Have to dissagree with you. Among CM forum members, 'Song Thaeo' is an obsolete word. The new word is 'Songtell', you might as well get used to it. smile.png

...and the general market is Gat or Gaat Luang as was written..... starts with the Thai leteter G not K