Please Help With An Answer, If You Know..... No Guesses Please

Gonzo the Face

How about Gart Luang? Heh! heh!

Sure...It's a long A which is very similar to AR and fine for pronounciation Now back to coloured bussessmile.png

How about Gart Luang? Heh! heh!

Sure...It's a long A which is very similar to AR and fine for pronounciation Now back to coloured bussessmile.png

Thaharn Thai chawb gin aharn to Gard Luang. Whatever works for you for pronunciation.

There is a Royal Thai System for Romanization/Transliteration of Thai Place Names, but it's not a pronunciation guide.

But, let's get back to the colored song-thaeo and the signs on each vehicle.

Such confusion! My goodness! It is really quite simple:

The red buses follow the red brick road, the yellow buses follow the yellow brick...

sorry.gif

And has any one followed Lucy in the sky with diamonds. whistling.gif

• 7 months later...

Talking about Songthaews, which color goes to the Big C Supercenter (208 Moo 3, Thasala, Muang, Chiang Mai 50000)?

I moved here a week ago and I'm still not familiar with all the names of the areas so it's a bit confusing. Any help, would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

You are talking about the Big C at the far end of the Super Highway. So none of them really. You will have to negotiate a price for a special trip there by red bus. Probably 250 THB if you are picked up within the city. But will you have a ride back from there? If not, you will need to make a round-trip deal with the driver as you will be stuck there if the driver leaves. It might even be the same price to have a taxi take you and back.

But is there a special reason you want to go there to meet someone or something? If you need to shop and aren't sure where you should go, that is too far away.

The red taxis go anywhere at the customers request, no fixed routes.

The blue taxis go from the Rin Ping supermarket by the river to Lamphun.

The yellow taxis go from Chiang Mai gate, some from the Warorot market to Chong Thong.

I think the green taxis go to Mai Rim.

The white taxis go from the Warorot market to Sankampang.

There are some variations on these routes and it is easy to tell by looking at the board colors at the front of these taxis.

And if my answers are correct, do I win a free meal at the Pun Pun?

Where's Chong Thong? Yellow bus (AFIK) goes from Hang Dong to little market bt CM Gate, then (if passagers wish) on to bus garage or warorot market (Gad Luang).

Also don't forget free green bus from most main hotels in the city out to Airport Plazza.

They do? Are you talking about a green songthaew (have not seen/noticed/payed attention to one before) or a mini bus, other? I like free stuff and there are two major hotels nearby. Could fill in a slow day riding back and forth too.

Sorry didn't notice this reply - they are not the normal gree songtaews, they are (or maybe it is - may be only one - not sure) a private servcie run by Robinsons (Airport Plazza). All the main hotels around the Night Bazaar area and up top the Empress / Welcome Inn (I think) are on the circuit. Its completely free - ask at the counter of any of the hotels and they will give you a time table - its a round trip there and back. I have caught it a few times (saves walking from Night Bazaar to CM gate for Yellow to Airport Plazza) from Empress or the one a few doors down from Pantip Plazza on Canal Rd/Night Bazaar (opposite Dukes-ish). However, can be useful. I usually (always) give the guy a tip anyway, its not the 20 baht I'm worried about saving it the walk after a day trawling the markets!

Talking about Songthaews, which color goes to the Big C Supercenter (208 Moo 3, Thasala, Muang, Chiang Mai 50000)?

I moved here a week ago and I'm still not familiar with all the names of the areas so it's a bit confusing. Any help, would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

You are talking about the Big C at the far end of the Super Highway. So none of them really. You will have to negotiate a price for a special trip there by red bus. Probably 250 THB if you are picked up within the city. But will you have a ride back from there? If not, you will need to make a round-trip deal with the driver as you will be stuck there if the driver leaves. It might even be the same price to have a taxi take you and back.

But is there a special reason you want to go there to meet someone or something? If you need to shop and aren't sure where you should go, that is too far away.

They have a small Sonmgtaew rank there with fixed prices - not cheap, but less than 250. Getting there may be trickier - you could go to Arcade and walk (crossing the 11 is always fun - try it on one leg with your eyes closed after spinning around ten times - or maybe not).

Thanks,

They have a small Sonmgtaew rank there with fixed prices - not cheap, but less than 250. Getting there may be trickier - you could go to Arcade and walk (crossing the 11 is always fun - try it on one leg with your eyes closed after spinning around ten times - or maybe not).

Arcade?

According to the address (T. Thasala) he is talking about the other Big C (Super Center) near the highway to the Airport in the Saraphi area.

So that is a different situation.

Wow, thank you all for all the responses. I didn't realize it was that far. It's the one near Chiang Mai Inter Business College. Is there another place like Big C where we can buy a cheap chair, towels and stuff for the home. We just moved here. We are not looking for expensive and we've been told Robinson is expensive.

Anyhow, thanks for all the tips.

Wow, thank you all for all the responses. I didn't realize it was that far. It's the one near Chiang Mai Inter Business College. Is there another place like Big C where we can buy a cheap chair, towels and stuff for the home. We just moved here. We are not looking for expensive and we've been told Robinson is expensive.

There is another Big C also on the Super Highway but much closer to town. No problem getting a ride there and back by red bus. And much cheaper.

Kad Suan Gau or central on Huay Keau rd is some where you could try. A million red song taos pass every hour.

They have every thing and prices are usually OK. Only 500 metres from the NW corner of the moat.

Big C extra is not too far from night market, pass nawarat bridge all the way down few traffic lights will be there....where the new central festival is nearby. I saw a lot of songtaew (red cab) and tuktuk around Big C extra, homepro, Index furniture area too. Think a 100-120 baht price for tuktuk and red cab should be around 30-50 baht.

If you are staying long term in CM, is better to get a motorcycle for easy travelling.

Big C extra is not too far from night market, pass nawarat bridge all the way down few traffic lights will be there....where the new central festival is nearby. I saw a lot of songtaew (red cab) and tuktuk around Big C extra, homepro, Index furniture area too. Think a 100-120 baht price for tuktuk and red cab should be around 30-50 baht.

If you are staying long term in CM, is better to get a motorcycle for easy travelling.

Right, but he was referring to Big C Don Chan.