Boy Blues Bar This Saturday Night

ChiangMaiTiger

Hi all Blues Lovers,

I'd just like to let you know that Boy is having another great night of Chicago Blues this Saturday night with another wonderful Blues guitarist friend from that great Windy City coming in to join the fun. The place starts a rocking around 8.45pm so if you've got no plans or want some place to go Saturday for great music please come and have a good time. Boys Blues Bar is upstairs in the Kalare Night Bazaar complex on Changklan Road - you can't miss it.

*Disclaimer*

I'm sorry but it seems necessary these days on TVF to put one in. ...I'm not Boy, work for him, have any other interest financial or otherwise with him. I just love great Live Blues music right here in our fair city of ChiangMai.

...and for all you Master Keyboard Debators on here, save your breath, no over stay deadbeat farang or immigration violater is involved, only friends joining in and jamming for the sheer enjoyment of Blues music. Thanks to Boy and the internet, we are getting great musicians all over the world coming here.

See you there

CMT

thanks for the heads up

I would never know about this if you hadn't posted it on ThaiVisa.

I've had many amazing evenings at Boy's. It is my favorite place in CM to listen to music, and when he has guests like this, it's the best.

When you said your name was ChiangMaiTiger, I didn't realize it was the Richmond Tigers. Blech :-/

Any clues on who the mystery guest will be...?

Blech clap2.gif

Did you check the scores to last weeks game against 'The Dawks"? The Tiges are back and rolling>

Boy told me his name is Jeff.

Hot dam_n, wish I was there, but I'm stranded far far away where a hot day is in the high teens C.....

Boy's bar consistently has top quality blues music, and as CMT says, is attracting some great musicians, and deserves its growing reputation among Chiang Mai folks who love live blues.

pj

Had another great night at Boys on Saturday, good crowd and everyone was getting involved in the music.

Boy was sorry about the less than cold beer early in the evening. Some knucklehead switched off power to his bar earlier in the day and he didn't find out until he rocked up just before opening time. He managed to put some stock on ice whilst the fridge finally got them cold.

Boys friend Jeff (Jeffro) really can belt out the blues, both vocal and guitar, he told me he's lining up to play at that Rasta place at the end of Loi Krah Rd/Charoen Prathep Rd this Friday.

Blues at the Rasta Cafe? That just might be worth a visit.

Took CMTiger's advice and paid my first visit to Boy's Blues Bar last night. Surprisingly easy to park near the Night Market which for the most part seemed deserted, even when I left at about 10.45 - the vendors must be feeling the pinch.

I've heard Boy play before and he's really a guitarist of international standard. His confident, relaxed style makes it all sound effortless as he produces riffs that lesser players are prone to deliver with painful grimaces and tightly shut eyes - excellent stuff. He was supported by a good bassist and drummer and it made for a tight little band who are definitely worth seeing.

I wasn't so keen on the featured guests although Jeff's playing and vocals were certainly good and the drummer was really on the ball too. The five piece line up featured sax and horn and it may be that my position off to one side was to blame but somehow it all sounded rather thin and un-involving so I didn't last the set.

I think we're lucky to have such talented players in town and the venues to enjoy them in for nothing much more than the price of a drink. I've added Boy's Blues Bar to my map and it looks like a place you can be sure of finding some good music.

IMG7075-Edited-XL.jpg

Khun Boy, playing last night.

Edited by Greenside