Tot Bs Or Not?

pattayadingo

After 36 hours with no internet and speaking to their 1100 line, I finally spoke to a supervisor who said that TOT had a system wide failure in Pattaya. Yet there is not mention of it here. So I am beginning to think what he told me is a load of BS, unless others here have had their internet off for the last 36 hours or so.

I get the feeling it was a story to cover up the ineptitude of those on the TOT helpline, but would be happy to be proved wrong.

So, has your TOT internet been down since Thursday afternoon?

Nope my ToT internet is fine, I am in Central Pattaya, my friend who is in Soi Siam also has no problems (since Thursday that is wink.png)

But because of the many outages I have 2 Internet Providers (ToT and 3BB) so I can switch over.

Edit: //

Their 1100 number will not relay your problem back to Pattaya, I noticed that on more than 1 occasion.

Edited by MJCM

yes it was. that's why i keep 3BB as an alternative provider. when both work i prefer TOT, faster and more stable.

edit: TOT came back today around 0400hrs. i am living about 2km east of Sukhumvit.

Edited by Naam

yes it was. that's why i keep 3BB as an alternative provider. when both work i prefer TOT, faster and more stable.

edit: TOT came back today around 0400hrs. i am living about 2km east of Sukhumvit.

Nope my ToT internet is fine, I am in Central Pattaya, my friend who is in Soi Siam also has no problems (since Thursday that is wink.png)

But because of the many outages I have 2 Internet Providers (ToT and 3BB) so I can switch over.

Edit: //

Their 1100 number will not relay your problem back to Pattaya, I noticed that on more than 1 occasion.

Thanks for that. I noticed nothing was getting done from the 1100 number until I spoke to the supervisor.

Ahhh, OK, Naam. Thanks for that. Maybe problems in some areas and not a Pattaya-wide outage.

Hopefully all is well again now :)

Their billing is definitely BS. I've hardly ever had a bill on time in the last 8 months. I just got my bill yesterday which was due on 22 May. At TOT office I ask them why they are always late: "bills come from Bangkok" is always their reply. I just didn't think the mail service from Bangkok was so slow.

Yes, definitely BS. Everything!

I go into the office to complain about my fixed line not working. I had no choice because I could spend 3 hours on hold trying to get through to their "customer service" line. When I get to the TOT office and explain my problem they call customer service on their phone and hand it to me when they answer.

Their billing is definitely BS. I've hardly ever had a bill on time in the last 8 months. I just got my bill yesterday which was due on 22 May. At TOT office I ask them why they are always late: "bills come from Bangkok" is always their reply. I just didn't think the mail service from Bangkok was so slow.

I go into the office to complain about my fixed line not working. I had no choice because I could spend 3 hours on hold trying to get through to their "customer service" line. When I get to the TOT office and explain my problem they call customer service on their phone and hand it to me when they answer.

We are lucky here in Huay Yai, we deal with the TOT office in Ban Amphur, a bit more personal....... if you have a problem and report it to them directly (not 1100 !) the engineer phones you back in a few minutes and comes out to fix any problem very quickly, maybe they are too big inside Pattaya city and don't have the manpower?

We are lucky here in Huay Yai, we deal with the TOT office in Ban Amphur, a bit more personal....... if you have a problem and report it to them directly (not 1100 !) the engineer phones you back in a few minutes and comes out to fix any problem very quickly, maybe they are too big inside Pattaya city and don't have the manpower?

Agree with LennyW the local TOT office in Ban Amphur is pretty good, I have even had the English speaking manager himself come out to look at the problem then get the guys to fix it.

... and I hadn't even started on the unfriendly, unhelpful, "go away and stop bothering us" attitude you always get at the main TOT office in Pattaya.

I couldn't agree more

Horrible attitude from the staff at Pattaya Klang

They appear to fail to realise that part of our payment pays their wages

When I go to CAT they are always very pleasant ( what a difference )

I couldn't agree more

Horrible attitude from the staff at Pattaya Klang

They appear to fail to realise that part of our payment pays their wages

When I go to CAT they are always very pleasant ( what a difference )

Unfortunately I need to visit the main office every month because my bills come too late to pay at 7Eleven.