PM Yingluck Urges All Parties To Create Better Atmosphere To End Conflict

webfact

Thai Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra on Saturday warned the deeply divided kingdom faces a "cycle of violence" unless steps are taken towards reconciliation after years of civil unrest.

Strange, that wasn't apparent last week. Is that a threat?

Hopefully just a promise.

They never keep those anyway!

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The prime minister however said she has not yet seen all the details of the four proposed reconciliation bills but said she believes that all the bills share the same aim to end conflicts and move forward.

She hasn't even been told yet that one of the bills she doesn't know anything about, gives her 900 million baht.

But its the surprise gifts that always bring the greatest joy!

rolleyes.gif

I'm sure the 900million will pale into insignificance against her cut from the 46 billion that's the real target.

Poor KY. Going back to work in the family business is going to seem such a bore after this.

Maybe but she will get more time for shopping.whistling.gif

Ms Yingluck said the proposal of the reconciliation bill was part of the government's policy to promote reconciliation and the government believes it is appropriate to push ahead any move which can help the country move forward.
blink.png
Ms Yingluck noted the content of the bills should first be considered, as the ongoing reconciliation process is just beginning with dialogue.
blink.png

I must be stupid, I don´t get it.sad.png

You clearly didn't get a degree in Applied Bullshit then.smile.png

cheesy.gif Nope....But I think the Shinawatra´s did.cheesy.gif

I am not at all surprised that the small cadre of Yingluck supporters has been silent on this thread. I would be painfully embarrassed to even attempt a defense of her statements.

There are supporters and there are "supporters".......

"I understand that it is difficult to ask everybody to forget the past but I am asking everyone to offer forgiveness in order to reduce conflict. If we do not begin with forgiveness, how can we move forward? The reconciliation process is not instantaneous; similar to the process of amending the constitution, it will take several months of deliberation in the parliament," said the premier.

Of course she would say forGIVEness. For Give a lot of billions back to the family.

I say, let's forget about the past. Forget about Thaksin, forget the money that got confiscated from the Shinawatra's, forget about reconciliation and let's move forwards .

Edited by JoeLing

I am not at all surprised that the small cadre of Yingluck supporters has been silent on this thread. I would be painfully embarrassed to even attempt a defense of her statements.

There are supporters and there are "supporters".......

Indeed there are...I believe I catch your drift.

Stupid woman doesn't realise that her family is the problem.

She shouldn't be anywhere near legislation affecting so many of her family including herself.

Rotten to the core

Sent from my dog.

I don't think she is anywhere near it. She doesn't know the details and she's not often in parliament.

Edited by kimamey

JAG - In your zeal to deride the fascists, you forgot to comment on the bill.

Even fascists can be right on occasion.

And those uniforms can really turn a gals head! wink.png

My only comment on the bill that opposition to it is legitimate, and should be conducted through parliament, and through lobbying and demonstrations. Not through suppressing the parliamentary process. I said that in my post.

I wouldn't give most Thai politicians houseroom. They are a pretty ghastly, grasping bunch just in varying degrees.

90% of politicians, give the other 10% a bad name. - Henry Kissinger

Now if Henry had been more familiar with Thailand, the figure would be 99.

My only comment on the bill that opposition to it is legitimate, and should be conducted through parliament, and through lobbying and demonstrations. Not through suppressing the parliamentary process. I said that in my post.

You are quite right in what you said.

But I think you'll find that the Democrats' actions in Parliament and the follow-on demonstrations by the PAD were because the PTP Speaker tried to ram the bills through in contravention of Parliamentary procedure.

Now, I know that oftentimes it's the second person that commits an offense against an offending party that gets the penalty - but in this case, it was quite obvious from the videos at Parliament exactly what had transpired to lead to the demonstrations.

Please note the lack of shouting at you. I rather take offense at your odious presumption.

The fascists view it as an abuse of power, a huge conflict of interest, and completely unnecessary. I know lawyers don't like to be pinned down to a firm statement, but is that unreasonable?

Edited by OzMick

I'm no lawyer, it is possible to argue that PADs views are not unreasonable, but I would argue that what they are doing is unreasonable!

The cynic in me does wonder whether Sondhi Limthongkul has worked out that his best chance of escaping from his fraud conviction is to engineer a traumatic change of government - but that is a side issue I suppose.

Noahvail, I'm sorry you find my comments about shouting odious. They were not aimed specifically at you but I'm sure you will agree that a fair amount of it does go on around here.

I'm no lawyer, it is possible to argue that PADs views are not unreasonable, but I would argue that what they are doing is unreasonable!

The cynic in me does wonder whether Sondhi Limthongkul has worked out that his best chance of escaping from his fraud conviction is to engineer a traumatic change of government - but that is a side issue I suppose.

Noahvail, I'm sorry you find my comments about shouting odious. They were not aimed specifically at you but I'm sure you will agree that a fair amount of it does go on around here.

JAG - fair enough. Agreed, too much shouting does go on. I won't give my opinions as to why that happens, though. That just might start another round of shouting.

I have to refer to the original news report, alas.

"Ms Yingluck said the proposal of the reconciliation bill was part of the government's policy to promote reconciliation and the government believes it is appropriate to push ahead any move which can help the country move forward.

There have been many recommendations for reconciliation, and the country will have no way out of its problems if the government does nothing, said the premier.

Ms Yingluck noted the content of the bills should first be considered, as the ongoing reconciliation process is just beginning with dialogue.

The prime minister however said she has not yet seen all the details of the four proposed reconciliation bills but said she believes that all the bills share the same aim to end conflicts and move forward.

Following concerns that the bills will benefit her brother, ousted premier Thaksin Shinawatra, Ms Yingluck said it was too soon to talk about the result as the process has just begun and the bills' contents still need to be discussed and adjusted through deliberation in parliament.

"I understand that it is difficult to ask everybody to forget the past but I am asking everyone to offer forgiveness in order to reduce conflict. If we do not begin with forgiveness, how can we move forward?"

-----------------

1. "the government believes it is appropriate to push ahead any move which can help the country move forward."

Humbug. Any move? What she means is any move her advisors, red-skins, will manipulate in order to hide the ST return.

She is PM, and she's asking how can we move forward with out alternative options? How pathetic!

---------------

2. "There have been many recommendations for reconciliation, and the country will have no way out of its problems if the government does nothing..."

Well she just said that in 1.) but said there was no option, but then goes on to say 'many recommendations. Did she forget what she said, in 3 seconds? Likely, yes, as that's what bimbos do! AS for the government doing nothing, apart from following one option, isn't she the leader of the government? whistling.gif

----------------

3. "as the ongoing reconciliation process is just beginning with dialogue."

Bull shit! There is no dialogue. The red shirt MPs and leaders just want to close the house and get their one option plan approved by the courts that they have backhanded a huge amount of money to, whilst they think opposition will not realise, hence the barrage outside the house, as the yellows are not stupid!

----------------

4."The prime minister however said she has not yet seen all the details of the four proposed reconciliation bills but said she believes that all the bills share the same aim to end conflicts and move forward."

Well how unbelievable of a primeminister to comment upon information unseen or unknown. What she does say is that whatever they contain is all the means to one end - and we all know what that is! If that [sic] fatherless man [unsic] is allowed to return he will return as a dictator, no questions asked, and her comments allude to that attitude.

---------------

5. "Following concerns that the bills will benefit her brother, ousted premier Thaksin Shinawatra, Ms Yingluck said it was too soon to talk about the result as the process has just begun and the bills' contents still need to be discussed and adjusted through deliberation in parliament."

Aye, adjusted to make sure the are no F ups in it that might just have been missed, and make it illegal still for his return, once the bills are passed. Deliberation in parliament? ermm.gif Just aint going to happen, which is why they are planning a secret hideaway, with a secretly, unbelievably higly paid court that will be illegally elected at some time in the near future!

----------------

6. "but I am asking everyone to offer forgiveness in order to reduce conflict."

If nobody forgives my brother then there could be a massive red-shirt movement and violence as much as we can create to oust the democratic party. What you don't see lady is, that despite denials, the army is more than ready to step in with a coup and oust you, if you put one foot wrong in order to bring your brother back. You're not as powerful as you think - heed my words!

----------------

In essence, I have never seen such an unprofessional group of words from a leader in all the history I have read.

The fact that she knows nothing of the content of the bills, but supports them is astounding - but then not - as she is never at her post and even if she were she probably wouldn't understand what is going on.

What a loser. What a female nobhead. What a disgrace to this beautiful land.

I am abhorred.

-mel.

Yes, you are abhorred.

"I understand that it is difficult to ask everybody to forget the past but I am asking everyone to offer forgiveness in order to reduce conflict. If we do not begin with forgiveness, how can we move forward? The reconciliation process is not instantaneous; similar to the process of amending the constitution, it will take several months of deliberation in the parliament," said the premier.

So forgive who exactly?

For Sondhi that might be a possibility.....But not for Chamlong. While I don't agree with him on many things, he is 200 % above any doubt to be corrupt.

By "what they are doing is unreasonable!": What the government is doing is destroying justice and with it democracy. Additional it comes from a guy who is responsible for 3000 killings in the war against drugs (50 % complete unrelated with drugs) and a guy that makes jokes about killing 87 people in Tak Bai. I would say almost everything to stop that is reasonable........

• Like 1

The TS, YS, PTP, UDD, red shirts & balck shirts should forget about this scam to bring TS back to Thailand under the guise of faux reconciliation if they care about the Thai people and the country or yes, most likely there will be violence and it will all be on the hands of TS yet again.

If he just faded away then there would be no need for reconciliation or forgiveness or changing the constitution or any of that BS the Thais could just get on with their lives and the investors could start pumping money into Thailand and everyone would live happily ever after. Well they could start dealing with the corruption at least.

The PM admits she does not know the content of the various proposals which have/are to be presented. She has not attented any of the sessions, and when it was pointed out the potential enrichment for her brother and even herself, as being behind her absence, she going into forget forgive mode and schedules another trip or photo session, while ordering some group of Civil servents to solve another problem, which she had deined existed while planning her last trip.

She has been quoted numerous times, asking people to be patient with the present government, but this seems to apply only to items directed toward the good of the Thai population. It does seem apparent to many that the coalition is trying to ram a self serving change in law, judical decisions etc, thru without explaing to the taxpaying/voting public what the real content is.