Red Shirts Told To Fight 'Attempts To Unseat Govt'

Lite Beer

I will take out my red shirt iron it and wear it with pride!!!, red flag infront of my business, and home.

The people have voted,(spoken) fair and clearly win govt. and again, red shirts elected, that is power of the people, if anyone wants another party in power then vote, or if you are not able to vote (falang) then TUFF LUCK... welcome to democercy.

I bet you don't even know what democercy means.

DEMOCRACY,

noun (plural democracies)

(mass noun)

a system of govenment by the whole population or all of the eligible members of the state, typically through elcted representatives:

a system of parliamentary

• (count noun) a state goverend under a system of democracy amultiparty democracy
  • control of an organization or group by the majority of its members: the intended extension of industrial democracy
  • the practice or priciples of social equaity; demands for greater democracy

(origin): late 16th centuary from frence d'emocratie, via late Latin Greek demokratia, from demos "the people" + - kratia 'power, rule.

"Oxford dictionaries"

• "Government of the people, for the people, by the people"
  • US president Abraham Lincon (1809-1865)

I belive that is ,game set and match, checkmate, your down for the count!!!

:cheesy:

Not even if we were playing tennis, chess or having a boxing match.

Now, would you like to check your on-line dictionary for the definition of 'humour'

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I will take out my red shirt iron it and wear it with pride!!!, red flag infront of my business, and home.

The people have voted,(spoken) fair and clearly win govt. and again, red shirts elected, that is power of the people, if anyone wants another party in power then vote, or if you are not able to vote (falang) then TUFF LUCK... welcome to democercy.

DEMOCRACY,

(mass noun)

a system of govenment by the whole population or all of the eligible members of the state, typically through elcted representatives:

• (count noun) a state goverend under a system of democracy amultiparty democracy
  • control of an organization or group by the majority of its members: the intended extension of industrial democracy

(origin): late 16th centuary from frence d'emocratie, via late Latin Greek demokratia, from demos "the people" + - kratia 'power, rule.

"Oxford dictionaries"

I think in your rush to 'checkmate", you missed the mild sarcasm in Thaddeus' reply.

"welcome to democercy

BTW, the Red Shirts weren't elected, the Puea Thai Party was.

post-9891-0-85245700-1338785216_thumb.gi

• Like 1

If just for once the PTP could see the bigger picture, if they distance themselves frm the entire Shinawatra family then they could be in power for a long time as they will always win the popular vote.

Thaksin is the main beef for the opposition, remove this "hot potato" and anything else they come up with would just look petty.

It's not rocket surgery!

tongue.png

Sent via Android App

It's not rocket science either wink.png

Sent via my Etch-A-Sketch

Or brain science

Sent from my dog.

Cannon Fodder, it's time to report for duty.

"Forward he cried from the rear and the front rank died". Pink Floyd.

General Melchett: "Don't worry my boy, if you should falter, remember that Captain Darling and I are behind you."

Captain Blackadder: "About thirty-five miles behind you."

thumbsup.gif

Edited by Yunla

DEMOCRACY,

(mass noun)

"Oxford dictionaries"

Did Lincoln say this before or after residing over a bloody civil war that killed more of his country men then all the other wars combined? Next....

No one wants to remove the government, please stop listening to red war mongers. The protests are not meant to unseat Yingluck and overturn elections results, they are against one single bill (or four version of it). Reds are being called to war under wrong pretenses.

If the people have made a mistake they will learn in time and next time vote the opposite way accordingly. I dont think the way forward is to get to the situation where the army just keep removing the government and istalling another one, even if it is better. This will just increase the resentment. In time people will see which party is the best for them, and vote accordingly. We cannot keep trying to force parties on people, they need to see their mistakes and change.

The big fear with this scenario is that with all the manipulation. money politics, brainwashing, vote buying etc, is there may not be a next time. The current government is viewing the mandate from the people as a blank cheque to do what they like even though they promised public forums which is another broken promise. Trying to ramrod legislation to absolve guilt from past crimes is hideous. It seems to me now the leaders are still committing treason by exorting people to come out & fight.

I agree that "there may not be a next time". Look at Cambodia and its leader: 10,000 Days of Hun Sen By Brad Adams of Human Rights Watch, Published on May 31, 2012. Here is a quote from Hun Sen:

“I not only weaken the opposition, I’m going to make them dead ... and if anyone is strong enough to try to hold a demonstration, I will beat all those dogs and put them in a cage.”

In 2009 Hun Sen built a house for Thaksin and called Thaksin his "eternal friend", and Thaksin thanked Hun Sen for his statement and for the house: Thanks for calling me your true friend : Thaksin to Hun Sen. Who you choose to be friends with can say a lot about you.

Edited by hyperdimension
  • Like 1

If the people have made a mistake they will learn in time and next time vote the opposite way accordingly. I dont think the way forward is to get to the situation where the army just keep removing the government and istalling another one, even if it is better. This will just increase the resentment. In time people will see which party is the best for them, and vote accordingly. We cannot keep trying to force parties on people, they need to see their mistakes and change.

The big fear with this scenario is that with all the manipulation. money politics, brainwashing, vote buying etc, is there may not be a next time. The current government is viewing the mandate from the people as a blank cheque to do what they like even though they promised public forums which is another broken promise. Trying to ramrod legislation to absolve guilt from past crimes is hideous. It seems to me now the leaders are still committing treason by exorting people to come out & fight.

I agree that "there may not be a next time". Look at Cambodia and its leader: 10,000 Days of Hun Sen By Brad Adams of Human Rights Watch, Published on May 31, 2012. Here is a quote from Hun Sen:

“I not only weaken the opposition, I’m going to make them dead ... and if anyone is strong enough to try to hold a demonstration, I will beat all those dogs and put them in a cage.”

In 2009 Hun Sen built a house for Thaksin and called Thaksin his "eternal friend", and Thaksin thanked Hun Sen for his statement and for the house: Thanks for calling me your true friend : Thaksin to Hun Sen. Who you choose to be friends with can say a lot about you.

It takes a thief to know a thief.

It takes a thief to know a thief.

What is it they say? 'as thick as thieves'

"Even though Thaksin and his closest allies are now free to resume their political careers, Yingluck said she had no

plans to vacate her position."

"Thai PM calls for calm amid fresh protests"

"Plea comes after "yellow shirts" blocked parliament debate of bill that could mean return of ex-PM Thaksin Shinawatra."

http://www.aljazeera...4710510742.html

Edited by gand

Wowzers, this one takes the cake. This is thanks to vote buying, village headman, lack of education leaving people duped (apparently foreigners too, who have a new blend of "democrecy" which merges Pol Pot communism and some capitalism here and there between the corruption?).

I wonder what would happen if Thaksin decided to fly into Bangkok tomorrow, it could actually be a master move in the midst of all this commotion, might also be the thing to do before he loses all his supporters, could you honestly see him being arrested ?

But I don't think he has the balls

A quick couple of questions.

So when civil war does erupt, have you guys made plans for an escape? How about your wives, gfs or kids? Will it be easy to get them out as well? What about your money and other investments?

The time to start planning is now people. When the bullets start to fly, they won't be discriminating against Thai or Farang.

There are dark days ahead I'm sorry to say.

I don't think it will go that far but I do think fresh charges should be brought against Thaksin for trying to encourage the red shirts to take to the streets and violently confront the yellows and the multies, it seems Thaksin again has shown his total disregard for the law and the court system, trying to stir up hatred in the guise of reconcilliation just makes me cringe, surely he a breaking a law when he does this in full public view - openly inciting hatred and civil confrontation on the streets

Thaksin made it very clear in his speech to the Red Shirts that it's about his 46 billion baht. He doesn't think his speeches through very much does he? Just like the time he told people to come out and collect 500 baht.

No one wants to remove the government, please stop listening to red war mongers. The protests are not meant to unseat Yingluck and overturn elections results, they are against one single bill (or four version of it). Reds are being called to war under wrong pretenses.

Precisely. It's all ploy by PT and Red Shirts to rile up the thinking-challenged peons who hang on their every utterance ......or hang on their udders, is more like (t)it.

A quick couple of questions.

So when civil war does erupt, have you guys made plans for an escape? How about your wives, gfs or kids? Will it be easy to get them out as well? What about your money and other investments? The time to start planning is now people. When the bullets start to fly, they won't be discriminating against Thai or Farang. There are dark days ahead I'm sorry to say.

Shit may hit the fan in Bkk, and a few other trouble magnets, where breaking the law (even murder and arson) is forgiven by PT and Red Shirt sheeple herders. Up here in Chiang Rai, there won't be such violence. The folks here (and other places, I'm sure), are quickly getting tired of the Reds 'crying wolf'. Everyone gets along here rather well. Even farang are treated decently, which I can't say about farang treatment in more touristy areas in south of Thailand, where locals treat farang like ding dongs.

Physical wounds heal gradually over long periods of time, providing they are left alone to heal and tended with care. The same is true with society although the timeframe is much longer, the process of leaving-it-alone is the same. Why is it so hard to understand that YS and TS picking at scabs and opening old wounds time and time again is exactly the one thing that is guaranteed to harm Thailand further,and should not be done to any type of injury.

What this nation needs is stability and law, not more hardheaded militant rhetoric or bills that overturn the law. If bills are proposed they should be for the purpose of genuinely improving society or healing the damage already caused to Thailand, not bills designed to pretend the damage never happened or to re-open the wounds. How you can have a 'process of reconciliation' involving only one side of the division, while the other side are ignored and threatened with sonic cannons.

And Thaksin shouldn't even have any outlet for his voice in Thailand, partly because he causes division and reopens the wounds that he himself caused in the past, also because he is a dangerous fleeing criminal, and has showed his mad reckless desperation by funding and launching an armed uprising that led to over 90 deaths in 2010. All his words now should be discounted as that of a dangerous fleeing criminal who can add complicity to murder during the 2010 uprising to his list of whitecollar crimes and accusations of genocide.

Great post and 100% correct - sad but true

• Like 1

And the path to civil war continues.

Hope you got your affairs in order people because it ain't gonna be pretty.

Fortunently I don't think it will get that far, as the majority of Thais are fairly apathetic to the hold political issue and have far more important day to day family and work issues to deal with.

are you sure for the thais I know this is a fairly common topic:to the point where reds dont sociaslise with yellows etc I wouldn't call the majority of thais politically apathetic nowadays....I think this is a misjudgement....

I would say the majority of people not just Thais are politically apathetic. Specific to Thailand the relevance of which party the Hi-So who is ripping them all off owes allegiance to pales into insignificance when compared to putting food on the table...

Take a look at figures for US General election turnout rates historically, the majority of the eligible voters don't even vote; that is a good indication of how politically apathetic people are!

When talking about election majorities we are actually talking about the majority of a minority of the population... in the US we've seen as little as 40% of eligible voters actually vote in a General election, so a majority could be as low as 20% of the eligible voting population.

Now take out all of those non-eligible to vote and we're seeing the next Government of the world's largest superpower being decided on by less than 1/5 th of the actual population...

I wonder how many Thais would actually vote if it wasn't "compulsory" or if the much publicised "vote incentive schemes" were removed?

Wowzers, this one takes the cake. This is thanks to vote buying, village headman, lack of education leaving people duped (apparently foreigners too, who have a new blend of "democrecy" which merges Pol Pot communism and some capitalism here and there between the corruption?).

Once agian, THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN, the votes counted, democracy in action, what more do you want? Or if this party dose not serve your agender then you need to try harder to get your prefered 'rep' in power, or more close to the truth is it you can not vote as you are not thai??? if you don't like then take your bat and ball and go home,,, welcome to democracyclap2.gif
  • Like 1

Once agian, THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN, the votes counted, democracy in action, what more do you want? Or if this party dose not serve your agender then you need to try harder to get your prefered 'rep' in power, or more close to the truth is it you can not vote as you are not thai??? if you don't like then take your bat and ball and go home,,, welcome to democracyclap2.gif

The party in power still has to obey the laws.

Physical wounds heal gradually over long periods of time, providing they are left alone to heal and tended with care. The same is true with society although the timeframe is much longer, the process of leaving-it-alone is the same. Why is it so hard to understand that YS and TS picking at scabs and opening old wounds time and time again is exactly the one thing that is guaranteed to harm Thailand further, and should not be done to any type of injury.

What this nation needs is stability and law, not more hardheaded militant rhetoric or bills that overturn the law. If bills are proposed they should be for the purpose of genuinely improving society or healing the damage already caused to Thailand, not bills designed to pretend the damage never happened or to re-open the wounds. How you can have a 'process of reconciliation' involving only one side of the division, while the other side are ignored and threatened with sonic cannons.

And Thaksin shouldn't even have any outlet for his voice in Thailand, partly because he causes division and reopens the wounds that he himself caused in the past, also because he is a dangerous fleeing criminal, and has showed his mad reckless desperation by funding and launching an armed uprising that led to over 90 deaths in 2010. All his words now should be discounted as that of a dangerous fleeing criminal who can add complicity to murder during the 2010 uprising to his list of whitecollar crimes and accusations of genocide.

wai.gif

Physical wounds heal gradually over long periods of time, providing they are left alone to heal and tended with care. The same is true with society although the timeframe is much longer, the process of leaving-it-alone is the same. Why is it so hard to understand that YS and TS picking at scabs and opening old wounds time and time again is exactly the one thing that is guaranteed to harm Thailand further, and should not be done to any type of injury.

so i take it you don't give any credence to the thought of general amnesties being a positive step towards a solution for political turmoil?